Hire (as):

-President of Hockey Operations Mike Gillis

-General Manager Chris MacFarland

-Assistant General Manager Scott Mellanby

-Senior Advisor Markus Naslund

-Senior Director,

Hockey Operations & Analytics Kevin Weekes

-Amateur Scout Geoff Courtnall 

(Canucks lost Amateur Scout Patrik Jonsson to cancer this past year) Fly high Patrik.

Coaching Staff

Relieve of duties:

-Head Coach Travis Green

-Assistant Coach Brad Shaw

-Assistant Coach Nolan Baumgartner

-Assistant Coach Jason King

-Associate Coach Kyle Gustafson

-Video Coach Darryl Seward

Hire (as): 

-Head Coach Lane Lambert

-Associate Coach Brad Lauer

-Assistant Coach Claude Julien

-Assistant Coach Darryl Sydor

-Assistant Coach Guy Boucher

-Video Coach Scott Gomez

Roster’s

Trades at 2022 Trade Deadline

{

To Devils: D Quinn Hughes

To Canucks: D Jonas Siegenthaler 

F Fabian Zetterlund

1st Round Draft Pick 2023

2nd Round Draft Pick 2023

2nd Round Draft Pick 2022

To Wild: F J.T. Miller

W Brock Boeser

To Canucks: W Kevin Fiala

F Nick Bjugstad

1st Round Draft Pick 2023 

1st Round Draft Pick 2024

2nd Round Draft Pick 2024

To Hurricanes: D Travis Hamonic

To Canucks: 7th Round Draft Pick 2023

To Capitals: F Justin Dowling

To Canucks: 4th Round Draft Pick 2023

Trades in 2022-2023 Season/2023 off-season 

To Canucks: ‘1st Overall’ Draft Pick 2023

(Canucks select F Connor Bedard)

To Ari/Chi/Ott: F Bo Horvat

W Tanner Pearson

G Michael DiPietro

D Jett Woo

(VAN) 1st Round Draft Pick 2023

(NJD) 1st Round Draft Pick 2023

(MIN) 1st Round Draft Pick 2023

Remaining 2022 UFAs and RFAs

W Kevin Fiala (2 years/$5.1 Mil per)

F Tyler Motte (3 years/$3.225 Mil per)

G Jaroslav Halak (2 years/$1 Mil per)

F Nick Bjugstad (2 years/$850 K per)

F Fabian Zetterlund (2 years/$750 K per)

F Matthew Highmore (1 year/$800 K per)

W William Lockwood (2 years/$750 K per)

W Justin Bailey (1 year/$750 K per)

F Phillip Di Giuseppe (1 year/$750 K per)

W Alex Chiasson (Release)

D Jack Rathbone (3 years/$950 K per)

D Noah Juulsen (2 years/$750 K per)

D Madison Bowey (Release)

D Brad Hunt (1 year/$750 K per)

D Guillaume Brisebois (2 years/$750 K per)

D Devante Stephens (1 year/$750 K per)

F Juho Lammikko (2 years/$750 K per)

F Nicolas Petan (1 year/$750 K per)

F Sheldon Dries (1 year/$750 K per)

F John Stevens (1 year/$750 K per)

W Sheldon Rempal (1 year/$750 K per)

F Brandon Sutter (Retiring? If not. Release)

G Spencer Martin (Release)

2023 off-season Signings and

2023-2024 Depth-Charts

D MacKenzie Weegar (4 years/$6.5 Mil per)

W Nils Hoglander (4 years/$4 Mil per)

F Alex Killorn (2 years/$2.75 Mil per)

D Kyle Burroughs (2 years/$850 K per)

D Luke Schenn (1 year/$750 K per)

F Carson Focht (2 years/$750 K per)

V.Podkolzin -C.Bedard- D.Klimovich

N.Hoglander -E.Pettersson- K.Fiala

A.Killorn -Ja.Dickinson- C.Garland

T.Motte -N.Bjugstad- W.Lockwood
C.Focht                      F.Zetterlund

O.Ekman-Larsson - T.Myers

J.Rathbone- M.Weegar

J.Siegenthaler - T.Poolman

J.Jurmo - K.Burroughs

T.Demko

J.Halak

Abbotsford?

A.McDonough -J.Lammikko- N.Petan

E.Keppen -C.Wouters- L.Karlsson

D.Zlodeyev -A.Costmar- C.Lockhart

T.Nielsen -J.Malone- J.Lukosevicius

J.Kunz -V.Arseneau- L.Forsell

J.Truscott - L.Schenn

G.Brisebois - N.Juulsen

H.Gabrielson - V.Persson

D.Stephens - A.Kannok-Leipert

B.Hunt - T.Utunen

J.Myrenberg

A.Silovs

M.Thiessen

A.Koskenvuo

“C” Connor Bedard

”A” Oliver Ekman-Larsson

”A” Alex Killorn

“A” MacKenzie Weegar

”A” Conor Garland

President of Hockey Operations- Mike Gillis

General Manager - Chris MacFarland

Assistant General Manager- Scott Mellanby

Assistant General Manager- Chris Gear

Senior Advisor- Markus Naslund

Senior Director Hockey Operations & Analytics- Kevin Weekes

Senior Advisor Canucks Hockey & Business Operations- Stan Smyl

Advisor to General Manager- Henrik Sedin

Advisor to General Manager- Daniel Sedin

Head Coach- Lane Lambert

Associate Coach- Brad Lauer

Assistant Coach- Claude Julien

Assistant Coach- Darryl Sydor

Assistant Coach- Guy Boucher

Video Coach- Scott Gomez

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I’m not sure what I just read. LOL 

Maybe read through it all properly then. Do you even know who Lane Lambert, Brad Lauer, and Darryl Sydor are? Do you have a better idea to replace the GM through to the video coach? You do realize our team is in a state of crisis and might need a major rip down rebuild. In my idea just that gets us a plethora of top draft picks and impact players that can help now as well. Same to you @YEGCanuck let’s hear it

Edited by ZH96

9 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

What's the need of a new GM hire? You already wrote out everything. Not sure Bedard can carry a team to be a contender.. the kid's 5'9"

Bedard is only 16 and already 5’9, 181 Lbs. His frame is going to be like a Crosby for his style (5’11, 200 Lbs). Not to mention what does Bedards frame have to do with anything? The kid can and will carry whatever team he lands on to contender status. First player in WHL history to get exceptional status. 28 points in 15 games in his first season as a rookie 15 year old playing against 18-20 year old beasts. And a pretty damn good sophomore slump right now with 15 points in 20 games. This kid might even be better than McDavid. 

3 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

Bedard is only 16 and already 5’9, 181 Lbs. His frame is going to be like a Crosby for his style (5’11, 200 Lbs). Not to mention what does Bedards frame have to do with anything? The kid can and will carry whatever team he lands on to contender status. First player in WHL history to get exceptional status. 28 points in 15 games in his first season as a rookie 15 year old playing against 18-20 year old beasts. And a pretty damn good sophomore slump right now with 15 points in 20 games. This kid might even be better than McDavid. 

So why has he regressed this season? All phenoms do better each year. 

(not saying hes bad, but I have my doubts)

46 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

So why has he regressed this season? All phenoms do better each year. 

(not saying hes bad, but I have my doubts)

The sophomore slump happens to everyone from superstars to walk-ons. But you’re really using the term “regressed this season” on a kid who just turned 16 and has 15 points in 20 games as the first ever exceptional status rookie in WHL history (which is the toughest league out of the WHL, OHL, QMJHL) in terms of it’s physicality and tight checking. At that age he’s already wearing an “A” too. Due to Covid he’s also had to play in four different places in the last year alone. In Sweden he had 6 points in 5 games, then in his first WHL action as a 15 year old he had 28 points in 15 games, then he had 14 points in 7 games in the U-18s, and now has 15 points in 20 games in his basically rookie season in the WHL as a 16 year old wearing an A…. Regressed? Get real. This kid is a gem.

3 hours ago, ZH96 said:

The sophomore slump happens to everyone from superstars to walk-ons. But you’re really using the term “regressed this season” on a kid who just turned 16 and has 15 points in 20 games as the first ever exceptional status rookie in WHL history (which is the toughest league out of the WHL, OHL, QMJHL) in terms of it’s physicality and tight checking. At that age he’s already wearing an “A” too. Due to Covid he’s also had to play in four different places in the last year alone. In Sweden he had 6 points in 5 games, then in his first WHL action as a 15 year old he had 28 points in 15 games, then he had 14 points in 7 games in the U-18s, and now has 15 points in 20 games in his basically rookie season in the WHL as a 16 year old wearing an A…. Regressed? Get real. This kid is a gem.

Lol, I don't know who to agree with here. Yes, Bedard does look like a generational prospect, he is still the favorite to go first overall (although it is less certain now with Michkov's freakish season) and it is kinda silly to say he's too small at 5'9, given his age.

But, as to this point in the season he has regressed, pretty badly, it is a completely fair question to ask why, and the sophomore slump does not happen to every player, certainly not this this extent. Shane Wright and others get some forgiveness for their slow starts due to not playing all last year, but Bedard played 15 WHL games and dominated just this spring, so the 5 different teams and not playing excuse loses some of it's impact. And if he actually has stopped growing at 5'9, that would be a bit of a problem.

Anyways, the whole proposal is completely silly, but looks like it was a ton of fun to write, so that's the important thing.

Edited by HighOnHockey

This trade proposal reminds me of the PHI and QUE trade for Lindros.

Canucks = PHI in this example. 

So while PHI did well, eventually COL (QUE) won 2 Stanley cups because of the talent and depth they acquired in this single trade.

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

Lol, I don't know who to agree with here. Yes, Bedard does look like a generational prospect, he is still the favorite to go first overall (although it is less certain now with Michkov's freakish season) and it is kinda silly to say he's too small at 5'9, given his age.

But, as to this point in the season he has regressed, pretty badly, it is a completely fair question to ask why, and the sophomore slump does not happen to every player, certainly not this this extent. Shane Wright and others get some forgiveness for their slow starts due to not playing all last year, but Bedard played 15 WHL games and dominated just this spring, so the 5 different teams and not playing excuse loses some of it's impact. And if he actually has stopped growing at 5'9, that would be a bit of a problem.

Anyways, the whole proposal is completely silly, but looks like it was a ton of fun to write, so that's the important thing.

First off 15 points in 20 games is not a concerning “regression”. Secondly use your head; Bedard has had to play far more than any of Shane Wright, Matvei Michkov, etc. in the last year and a half… so that actually gives him more forgiveness not the others. Playing more plus like I said being an assistant captain as a rookie in the toughest junior league out there. Come on. And why would he have stopped growing at 16? Last I checked he doesn’t have a childhood disease affecting his growth. 5’9 and 181 Lbs at 16 is a little tank and he will most likely play at

5’11 to 6’0 and 190 to 200 Lbs. Also please do tell me how my proposal is silly? Give some real insight. Let’s see your thoughts and ideas on replacing the GM through to the video coach. Got a better plan hmm? You don’t know what you’re talking about in the slightest. 

1 hour ago, Moe Knows said:

Reading that is just 10 minutes of my life I'm never getting back :frantic:

Yeah because “Moe doesn’t know”. You do realize Lane Lambert is a highly sought after head coach candidate whose been Barry Trotz wingman in Nashville, Washington (including the cup win), and now the Islanders. And Brad Lauer and Scott Gomez have worked with Lambert in the past. Lauer is also currently head coach of the Edmonton Oil Kings and has been a big part of some high-end prospects coming out of there the last few years. Please do tell me what you don’t like about the thread though and give valid reason.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, #Canucks said:

It started like a dream, then quickly became a nightmare. The time spent on this, thought after thought, just amazes me. 

Two words: Hard Pass……

Okay? Got a better idea? Let’s see your trade ideas to fix this organizational every corner mess. And let’s see you replace the GM through to video coach with better ideas.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Michkov is better just saying. 

I think if we are gonna go all in for anyone he's a guy who might actually be attainable. 

Say we get 5th I think there are a lot of GM's out there that would trade the Michkov pick for 5th and 2 picks in the 20's 

Michkov is not better, has not been better, and will not be better. Connor Bedard is a stocky Crosby-esque built 16 year old that already weighs 181 pounds and can also flat out fly. He’s wearing an A as a 16 year old rookie and is the first player to ever receive exceptional status in the toughest junior league of all in the WHL. He has a combined 63 points in 47 games spanning over four different leagues/tournaments in the last two seasons including a stint in Sweden forced onto him due to Covid.

Edited by ZH96

2 hours ago, BPA said:

This trade proposal reminds me of the PHI and QUE trade for Lindros.

Canucks = PHI in this example. 

So while PHI did well, eventually COL (QUE) won 2 Stanley cups because of the talent and depth they acquired in this single trade.

Yeah this is not a good idea because it might end up like a trade from 29 years ago involving a player that is nowhere near similar to Connor Bedard :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

Michkov is not better, has not been better, and will not be better. Connor Bedard is a stocky Crosby-esque built 16 year old that already weighs 181 pounds and can also flat out fly. He’s wearing an A as a 16 year old rookie and is the first player to ever receive exceptional status in the toughest junior league of all in the WHL. He has a combined 63 points in 47 games spanning over four different leagues/tournaments in the last two seasons including a stint in Sweden forced onto him due to Covid.

Cool story bro!

Bedard 2022 16 points in 20 games with a -7 playing for the Pats

Meanwhile Mich has put up 28 points in 11 count em 11 MHL games this year and 5 points in 12 games where he barely played in the KHL. Michkov out scored Bedard at the U18. If Michkov was named John Smith from Sudbury he would be ranked 1OA with a bullet.