The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Also with 29 points in 28 games he is literally the least of our worries on ice this year. Not sure why you’re so happy to lose a player like that. Must love mediocrity. 

This has been my argument about why mcdavid really isint separated from the rest of the leagues high end superstars, you can put up insane numbers but when you can’t play both sides of the puck you have to take away all those defensive mistakes out of the offensive numbers, but because it’s McDavid not one person ever agrees on that take, I just hate when opinions are changed because of a players name, obviously it’s not as extreme with CM but it’s still something everyone turns a blind eye to and miller is taking a licking over it this year from the drance boys. Guess what he will be just fine and “outscoring” his own defensive woes soon enough 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Iron Man said:

And Bertuzzi and then Luongo. Set up our core(s) for a good period of time.

Yup.  Hopefully our owner realizes a futures trade is what we need to become (in time) a better team than we are now.  But our owner lacks patience.  

If the rumoured 5.1 mil initial offer is indeed true, then I'm happy to hear that Bo rejected 8 mil contract offer. 

As a fan that have followed Bo since he came into the league, I think he deserves a chance to play for a winning team and a management team that values his contribution. 

As a fan of the Canucks, I don't think it makes sense to commit 8yrs x 8mil for Bo when the team isn't winning with Bo as the heavy minute player. A new direction is needed.

Now all I want to hear is that we trade Bo to the Avs for Byram, Newhook, and 1st. Then roll with Miller-EP-Newhook-Aman as centers. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

99 point guy vs 60 point guy.  And both are good at faceoffs but suck without the puck.  Hmmmm.  I wonder why our management chose to pay Miller and not Bo?  We all love Bo!  He’s loveable.  Great guy.  But Miller is easily the better player.  It’s not ev3n close.  Just look at their number over the last three years.  And don’t focus so much on a 20 game sample.  Look at the 200 games.  Only a moron management group would choose Bo over Miller.  

Fair points. Problem is only one of those guys you can depend on for face offs and responsible 2 way play 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

At some point, you have to let the players take some kind of responsibility. It's not always Demko's or Stillmans fault. ::D

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Bo with Pearson and Eriksson as linemates.

EdgarM: I don’t get why this team sucks. 

Like I said. 

Just now, Alflives said:

Yup.  Hopefully our owner realizes a futures trade is what we need to become (in time) a better team than we are now.  But our owner lacks patience.  

He also lacks foresight. He's chasing 2 games worth of postseason revenue now rather enduring a few bad years in return for 5+ years of solid postseason revenue.

5 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

This has been my argument about why mcdavid really isint separated from the rest of the leagues high end superstars, you can put up insane numbers but when you can’t play both sides of the puck you have to take away all those defensive mistakes out of the offensive numbers, but because it’s McDavid not one person ever agrees on that take, I just hate when opinions are changed because of a players name, obviously it’s not as extreme with CM but it’s still something everyone turns a blind eye to and miller is taking a licking over it this year from the drance boys. Guess what he will be just fine and “outscoring” his own defensive woes soon enough 

McDavid is outscoring his own defensive woes.

Miller isn't. Miller's mistakes tend to come at a crucial moment, a sign that he isn't the guy you are going to win with.

Edited by jyu
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I said all along if the choice is between Bo or Miller you keep Bo, said that like 2 years ago and said it since. 

I think we agree.  But the management choose Miller because he’s been at least a ppg player for three years.  Bo is a 60 point player.  They are similar in e dry other way.  How can Bo be worth what Miller is then?  He can’t, right?  So as much as we all love Bo, management chose Miller.  And from the numbers they are 100% right.  Our owner will step in and insist we keep Bo, so this is all moot anyway.  

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sure, but we stink.  On a good team OEL is bottom pairing.  We stink because we have guys, like OEL, making big cap who are playing too high in the lineup.  But we have no choice because that’s how they’re paid.  

Similar to how we deployed the Sedins in their latter years. Top line and #1 PP when they should have been split up and put on other lines. 

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Does that number go up? or does it go down in the post season? Serious question.::D Sounds like hitting is a total option in this full contact sport.

They go up, and Bo had 29 hits in 17 games. Bo’s hit numbers go up in the post season too. 

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

9m for Bo won’t age well

i like him but his numbers look better than he actually is 

Petey is the better player, and it isn’t close

Petey is our best player.  Miller is better than Bo too.  Just look at their numbers over the last three seasons.  It’s not even close.  I’m hoping our owner will keep his snout out of the Bo stuff, but I’m thinking he will pressure management 8nto re-signing him, when we all pretty much know the return for Bo (if futures) is what this club really needs to be bette4 two years from now. 

• Like 2