The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well...

yuck but probably not entirely all that bad when you consider how lacking this team is in any sort of prospects or youth of any quality and position which in itself is so absolutely damning it hurts

VHN's Proposal: Brossoit, Brisson, Cormier, and a 2023 first round-pick for Horvat with $2,250,000 retained. (Horvat comes in at $3,250,000) 

Why in God's green earth would we want Brossoit and a LD?

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

you do know that Bo is not the only player on the team, and that the team is losing with ALL their players, right?

Petey is on the team

Miller is on the team Schenn is on the team

Kutz

Mik

and on and on, but the team is still losing.

So, trade them all, should be what you want, not focused on trading just Bo.

Bo is the longest standing and the longest standing leader. Many of the younger guys have not had their time to shine yet and neither have the guys that just joined the team. I don't paint everyone with the same brush.

There are others, Meyers has been here long enough to see what kind of contirbution he brings and Boeser. It is time for them to go too.

Miller is having an off year in all the years he has been here so we will see with him. He still may come around.

6 minutes ago, Gurn said:

you do know that Bo is not the only player on the team, and that the team is losing with ALL their players, right?

Petey is on the team

Miller is on the team Schenn is on the team

Kutz

Mik

and on and on, but the team is still losing.

So, trade them all, should be what you want, not focused on trading just Bo.

The 1 game Petey misses our entire offense is MIA and we don't register a shot in 15 minutes, and our 2 powerplays generate 0 shots. 

Just now, HorvatToBaertschi said:

The 1 game Petey misses our entire offense is MIA and we don't register a shot in 15 minutes, and our 2 powerplays generate 0 shots. 

Petey on many nights was the only guy going. Would be nice to see Petey's line come out and then one of the other lines come out an repeat. The 4th line is about the only other line that shows any kind of consistency.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

An off year?

Millers biggest knock since he came here has been his biggest issue again this year.

He Kovalevs every play that doesn't go his way and it's kind of a crappy thing to be known for as a player

Really I don't care about indivdual stats I care about wins and losses. Miller carried the team last year, especially when the team came out of the gate flat as a pancake. He has been a dominate force since coming here its funny how many of you forget that. He is having an off year, no doubt , but many are quick to say Bo is going to score 60 goals this year, its funny how there is that double standard out there with some posters.

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Really I don't care about indivdual stats I care about wins and losses. Miller carried the team last year, especially when the team came out of the gate flat as a pancake. He has been a dominate force since coming here its funny how many of you forget that. He is having an off year, no doubt , but many are quick to say Bo is going to score 60 goals this year, its funny how there is that double standard out there with some posters.

Ok full stop.  Nowhere did I say anything about Miller regarding ANYTHING other than him Kovaleving on every play that doesn't go his way.  As a $5+ million player he was 100% a beast.  As an $8+ million player that is wrong.

It's funny how people will create a narrative that never existed in order to be outraged or offended about something that was never mentioned.

For me, Miller is 100% expendable and in order needs to go behind the following players in order of return on value.

Horvat
Kuzmenko
Schenn
Garland
Miller
Boeser
Myers
Pearson

Again, full stop I don't care how much you like the player.  He has literally no place on a team that needs to rebuild from the literal ground up while keeping only 4-5 total roster players 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ok full stop.  Nowhere did I say anything about Miller regarding ANYTHING other than him Kovaleving on every play that doesn't go his way.  As a $5+ million player he was 100% a beast.  As an $8+ million player that is wrong.

It's funny how people will create a narrative that never existed in order to be outraged or offended about something that was never mentioned.

For me, Miller is 100% expendable and in order needs to go behind the following players in order of return on value.

Horvat
Kuzmenko
Schenn
Garland
Miller
Boeser
Myers
Pearson

Again, full stop I don't care how much you like the player.  He has literally no place on a team that needs to rebuild from the literal ground up while keeping only 4-5 total roster players 

Kovalev was actually a pretty good player, even with his issue similar to Millers. I would say Jovo had the same issue at times too but man I wish we had someone like him again on the team. 

I am not disagreeing with you on Miller I thought we were discussing Bo. ::D

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Kovalev was actually a pretty good player, even with his issue similar to Millers. I would say Jovo had the same issue at times too but man I wish we had someone like him again on the team. 

I am not disagreeing with you on Miller I thought we were discussing Bo. ::D

For me Bo is already persona non grata.

My list is entirely expendable players this team needs to jettison for maximum value over the next 2-3 drafts.

20 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Miller carried the team last year, especially when the team came out of the gate flat as a pancake.

Miller's start last year sucked, about as bad as his start this season.

Difference, so far, is he began scoring at a higher than career average rate, and got a bit better defensively. Hopefully the same happens this year- and then they trade him.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

In what way do you think it’s going to be catastrophic? Because as it is right now WITH the current semantics WITH Horvat things are looking catastrophic and that is unlikely to change.

You want Miller to be moved but get real here, you’re not going to get Dubois or whoever you’re suggesting, and NY isn’t cooking up shit to make a pointless trade for Miller while they have Trochek and all those RFA’s needing to be signed.

So the question is, do you still think keeping Horvat at his incredible joke of an asking price is LESS catastrophic than trading him while his value is at an all time high, freeing up cap space now and the future, and we avoid yet another possible albatross contract we will struggle to move for the rest of this decade? 

We’re in a flat cap era, management thought it would be easy to flip flop contracts, but then suddenly realized literally nobody wants cap without cap space. Mind = Blown

Horvat is an elite faceoff git, literally one of the top 5 in the world and that's a big factor in the Canucks even being remotely close to a playoff spot 

In a league where possession is critical, losing one of the best possession faceoff guys on the world would be catastrophic, yes.

• Cheers 3

31 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well...

yuck but probably not entirely all that bad when you consider how lacking this team is in any sort of prospects or youth of any quality and position which in itself is so absolutely damning it hurts

VHN's Proposal: Brossoit, Brisson, Cormier, and a 2023 first round-pick for Horvat with $2,250,000 retained. (Horvat comes in at $3,250,000) 

The author seems to think that Brossoit has value because Demko is injured, but really it's a pure cap dump. Brisson and Cormier are both intriguing, but I really can't understand why other teams fans and media keep including offensive LHD in trade proposals. That's really not the area of defense the Canucks need to address...

Overall I'd say it's still an intriguing proposal but I like other teams' potential packages more.

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

I think Sat is bang on. Too many guys on here loking at this with rose colored glasses. When we are not playing well, does Bo do anything to inspire the troops? Ever?

He doesn't hit, doesn't fight and doesn't turn up his effort when the team comes out flat. There is never a "Beast Mode" out of this player because he doesn't have it in him. The problem is that he was the best option when they were handing out the Captaincy and he was the best option at the time. Maybe. 

He is a good player, no doubt, but he is way over rated and he is plain ol asking for too much money. 

There needs to be change on this team and the best way to do this is to finish his tenure as Captain. With strong leadership coming to the group(i.e. Miller,Schenn) it appears to have caused confusion in that dressing room. Confusion that Bo has not been able to rectify. 

I don't know how some of you cannot see the lack of team play and cohesion among this group. We keep changing certain players and coaches yet the problem remains. 

I see the concern as among the leadership group and Bo is right in the middle of that. 

The way that he is dealing with his contract does not spell, "I am a team player" and I am pretty sure the rest of the team sees that. He doesn't want to deal with his contract during the season but he doesn't want to cause interference with the team, does that make sense? If he was sincere, he would have agreed to the last contract and moved on. I don't think the last offer was unreasonable. 

He is doing a pretty good job padding his stats this year but the TEAM IS STILL LOSING! If you are not a part of the solution then you are a part of the problem.

is he Trevor Linden? No. 

Bo is not Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Connor McDavid, Nate MacKinnon. 

There are things Bo does well. But then there are things Bo can’t do well. One of them is winning the game single handedly. There’s no point being angry at him for not winning you games single handedly. 

• Cheers 2

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

Horvat is an elite faceoff git, literally one of the top 5 in the world and that's a big factor in the Canucks even being remotely close to a playoff spot 

In a league where possession is critical, losing one of the best possession faceoff guys on the world would be catastrophic, yes.

So was Malhotra do you rate him higher or lower then him. Serious question.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jyu said:

is he Trevor Linden? No. 

Bo is not Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Connor McDavid, Nate MacKinnon. 

There are things Bo does well. But then there are things Bo can’t do well. One of them is winning the game single handedly. There’s no point being angry at him for not winning you games single handedly. 

You got it! Ding! Ding! Ding! :lol:

Now we are getting somewhere. 

..........and I am not angry in the least bit. Just tired of losing and looking at solutions to this tire fire we've been watching for far too long. Like I said, he may not be the main problem but he is not our solution and giving him crazy money is not going to get us any closer to a cup when we can't even make the playoffs when we are tight to the cap with nothing to show for it. Time for change and a changing of the guard.

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

Ya, that's something that definitely concerns me. It's still early so I'm willing to see if they can change my mind but it feels like they're constantly changing the direction they want to go.

"We're going to need to evaluate but clearly this team wasn't built right"

"You can't get rid of your best player even though he'll be 30 when his next contract starts and the rest of the core is under 25"

"There are going to be some hard decisions and we have to disregard emotions "

"We're only going to trade for other NHL players who are better than the ones we're shipping out"

"Every player must go"

(Clearly not direct quotes)

The bolded part is :picard:

• Like 1