The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

7 hours ago, HKSR said:

Imagine if we trade Bo, and acquire Wright.

Then we win the draft lottery.

Bedard

Pettersson

Wright

One can dream right?

Even if we don’t get Bedard, the top 10 is filled with elite centres

Pettersson

Wright

Fanta/Carlsson/Smith/Yager/Dvorsky/Benson

That would be the dream turnaround in the centre department. 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Is Horvat extended for Wright really a possibility?

What other prospects do the Kraken have?

I don't know why anyone thinks Wright is available for Horvat. But it's lunacy. Wright trade would be a Johansen for Seth Jones situation. Top flight young D for top flight young center. Why the hell would they trade him for a 30 goal pending UFA that has never hit a PPG in his life nor is he a Selke level Center?

Just now, N7Nucks said:

I don't know why anyone thinks Wright is available for Horvat. But it's lunacy. Wright trade would be a Johansen for Seth Jones situation. Top flight young D for top flight young center. Why the hell would they trade him for a 30 goal pending UFA that has never hit a PPG in his life nor is he a Selke level Center?

Because we wish it to be so.  That’s why. :frantic:

1 hour ago, Maginator said:

I have a bad feeling he's headed to Boston as a Bergeron replacement.

:sick: gross.

If he’s traded as as a rental, Bruins are the team I predict that will get him. Just makes too much sense.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

To VAN

lysell

Trent Frederic

carlo 

2023 1st

To BOS

Horvat 

Schenn 

Rathbone 

Mcdonut 

Why would we want Lysol as the key piece in a return for Bo?  He’s a “look at me go mommy” bustaroo bonsai.  Boston is a poor trade partner for us.

If Bo is traded (which is highly unlikely our owner will allow) it will be to the Canes for JK +.  

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

If he’s traded as as a rental, Bruins are the team I predict that will get him. Just makes too much sense.

Except I don't think he'll be a rental if he goes to Boston.

History shows they like to extend their acquisitions. Lindholm extended after his trade from Anaheim last season.

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

Is Carlo any good ? Bad now after too many injuries ?

schenn. Fills the RD whole for them short term for playoffs 

Trent is a C… playing some wing this year on a really good 3rd line 

is he a good add ?

Concussions, I would pass.

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Ya I agree, but that’s why I also asked what other guys do they have to give up? I don’t see much that works yet they are reported to be in consistent pursuit of Bo.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Maginator said:

Except I don't think he'll be a rental if he goes to Boston.

History shows they like to extend their acquisitions. Lindholm extended after his trade from Anaheim last season.

Just a rental generally, to the Canes for a cup run maybe. Then free agency, I see him going to the Bruins. It’s a good run organization and perfect fit for Bo.

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Just a rental generally, to the Canes for a cup run maybe. Then free agency, I see him going to the Bruins. It’s a good run organization and perfect fit for Bo.

Management needs to use this as leverage for a better deal though. If a team can trade and sign for Bo we should be able to get a greater package vs. what a package would be for him as a rental.

Create a bidding war for an extended Bo.

1 minute ago, Maginator said:

Management needs to use this as leverage for a better deal though. If a team can trade and sign for Bo we should be able to get a greater package vs. what a package would be for him as a rental.

Create a bidding war for an extended Bo.

Ya I think that’s the plan at the end of the day. Hopefully it’s a team out East. Deadline can’t come any faster..I am so looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

On that we can agree, I'll chalk it up to his career year. Some folks thought he'd suddenly evolved into a full-time 99 point player and I wasn't buying it. But hey, they call it a career year for a reason. 

If only they'd listened to us....:wacko:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Concussions, I would pass.

Ya I agree, but that’s why I also asked what other guys do they have to give up? I don’t see much that works yet they are reported to be in consistent pursuit of Bo.

Ty Nelson is an interesting lad. RD, only 5'10 but plays with an edge.  Wennberg cause management doesn't wanna tank. But yeah  not much interesting

Edited by N7Nucks

43 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Say what? He doesn't need to "say" anything.

He's refusing to participate in pride related activities based on "religious grounds". At best, it's condoning of homophobia, at worst....

Let's not dress this up. It's LGBTQ+-phobic behavior and hiding behind religious beliefs doesn't change that. He has the freedom and religious "rights" to do so. We equally have the freedom to condemn him for his hateful, ignorant, idiocy.

Well said.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Ty Nelson is an interesting lad. RD, only 5'10 but plays with an edge.  Wennberg cause management doesn't wanna tank. But yeah  not much interesting

I don’t know about that. The full Rutherford interview it sounded like he wants to bottom out.

Wennberg makes no sense, he’s 28. Management said they want to get guys that are younger.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

I don’t know about that. The full Rutherford interview it sounded like he wants to bottom out.

Wennberg makes no sense, he’s 28. Management said they want to get guys that are younger.

He sounded like he doesn't want to rebuild proper, but used the "retool" word instead. Bottoming out this year is a given whether he wants it or not.