The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 hour ago, Neutral said:

Carolina is a team that needs to put their I don't want to overpay at the TDL away and realize the current group they have are NOT going to be together forever! I can see why the Canucks would ask for Necas but would be shocked if Carolina moved him.

Maybe, Morrow, Suzuki and a pick? Depends on if its pure rental or sign and trade and I sure hope Canucks ALLOW teams to talk extension if it means the return will be better! We can't keep Bo why are we worried about if he signs longterm...just don't trade him to a division rival then!

Agreed on all of this

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

wow, just wow.

Member the  old days, when you could get away with gang swarming gay people, beating them up and leaving them in the cold to die?

Or you you could not hire them, or rent them houses/apartments?

do you miss those days?

I know I don't miss those times at all, and am hopeful that barbaric 'old fashioned ideas' die out. Soon, like today would be good.

Ffs it was a bad example and bad choice of words but you know exactly what I mean. 

When I said "bash" it qas verbally not literally. Geez

Edited by HOFsedins

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Alone...nope. 

+ Borgen and their 1st...yup.

Exactly.

Thats valuing Wright way too much that we have to add.

They need to add on their side if we’re also giving up our best prospect.

If we can get Wright, Borgen, and a 1st then I have no problem with Lekkeramaki being included.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, HOFsedins said:

Ffs it was a bad example and bad choice of words but you know exactly what I mean. 

When I said "bash" it qas verbally not literally. Geez

If you expect people to know what you mean, despite what you print; you are doomed to much disappointment in your life.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

If you expect people to know what you mean, despite what you print; you are doomed to much disappointment in your life.

"Come on guys, I was just saying we should only verbally harass the F@gs and queers"!

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Matt Sekers said he'd have to think about Horvat+Lekerimaki for Shane Wright. 

I wouldn't. That is a trade you jump on. Anyone disagree ?

For me, I'd still do that deal. It won't be long before Bo reverts back to being a 50-60 point guy, and then not much longer for him to decline from there. Wright could be our future 1C, and 2C at worst. I wouldn't be thrilled to include JL to the deal, but I'm highly skeptical that he can turn his development around and actually be an impact player for us one day. Plus, we would have so much cap space that we'd be swimming in it.

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

For me, I'd still do that deal. It won't be long before Bo reverts back to being a 50-60 point guy, and then not much longer for him to decline from there. Wright could be our future 1C, and 2C at worst. I wouldn't be thrilled to include JL to the deal, but I'm highly skeptical that he can turn his development around and actually be an impact player for us one day. Plus, we would have so much cap space that we'd be swimming in it.

I'd spend a bit of time thinking about it, for sure.

If Seattle threw in a 3-7 round pick, I'd likely take it.

not sure our new management team would move on their first pick?

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

I'd spend a bit of time thinking about it, for sure.

If Seattle threw in a 3-7 round pick, I'd likely take it.

not sure our new management team would move on their first pick?

Horvat doesn't have huge trade value bc he will sign an overpay contract wherever he goes.

Lek is not a top 3 or 5 pick. 

Wright for these guys is theft imo 

47 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Matt Sekers said he'd have to think about Horvat+Lekerimaki for Shane Wright. 

I wouldn't. That is a trade you jump on. Anyone disagree ?

Is that what Seattle wants ?

or was Sekers just throwing this out as a hypothetical of what it would take to get SEA to move on Wright?

Edited by Outsiders

26 minutes ago, aGENT said:

"Come on guys, I was just saying we should only verbally harass the F@gs and queers"!

Your obviously not understanding the context of what I said... 

At least I expected you not to since not participating in a event means you are ignorant, hateful etc. 

19 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Straight across, to a division and regional rival for a 30+ goal scoring, faceoff winning machine C in his prime... No.

Who cares where they're at right now, though? I mean, so what if they make the playoffs for a few years with Bo? This trade would rid us of an aging Bo, create a load of cap space. and set us up for the next decade+. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Who cares where they're at right now, though? I mean, so what if they make the playoffs for a few years with Bo? This trade would rid us of an aging Bo, create a load of cap space. and set us up for the next decade+. 

If your worried about a division rival more do than your own roster you shouldn't be in a management position.

I think people here need to temper their expectations shocking I know.

If Seattle ever considered dealing Wright I would be pleasantly shocked if they dealt him in a deal for Horvat. There is no world where the Canucks pry Wright AND say a 1st and Borgen for Horvat. You'd be extremely disappointed if you thought that was an option.

As for Lekkerimaki, he is a top prospect, fans need to stop crapping on a kid with insane talent that has had to deal with mono and a concussion. Its a joke people think he's a bust already or now trade fodder to package. You keep him.

If there is a deal involving Wright / Horvat. Vancouver should jump on it but likely be adding.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1