The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

5 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

To be fair, Miller himself said the deal wasn't close at all then got done in a matter of days. Saying that Horvat isn't close doesn't mean the same thing won't happen, it's just the facts. It's their job to stir things up, people enjoy reading it and it sparks conversation. Even you, who clearly doesn't like it, was the first to reply. Now I'm replying to you, and a discussion has been started. It worked.

It’s fine to discuss it it’s just annoying when they’re clearly just pulling things out of thin air.

Like if you’re gonna say why you think it will be in the 7’s back that up with some sort of reasoning.

• Vintage 1

20 hours ago, SilentSam said:

With the Canucks having very little flexibility with the cap now and moving forward, it does seem feasible that Horvat could be moved if the right offer were to be presented to Vancouver General Manager Patrik Allvin. Even Horvat himself raised some questions over his own future by saying on Monday that he’s a “Vancouver Canuck right now.” That is hardly a ringing endorsement.

So, with that being said, it is hard to think that the Canucks wouldn’t pull the trigger on trading their Captain and ridding themselves of a salary cap headache if they got an attractive package back in return. With a plethora of prospects and plenty of draft capital, the New York Rangers could make that trade and it would make a lot of sense.

Well tbh he is in the middle of a contract negotiation...

Both sides are pressing, so he is playing hard ball... Same as Miller did

• Cheers 1

Just now, billabong said:

Miller got 8m/7rs

horvat gets 7m/8yrs 

Horvat slotting in around 6.5m is more preferred but 7m is still reasonable 

I don’t think the Canucks want to go above 7 m per on him.

I think Management wants 6-6.5 m per.

…. and quite frankly I think management will play hard ball to get want they think is fair, or trade him by Christmas.

Lots of time ,  lots of things change for many reasons in this sport.     Just my opinion.

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Well tbh he is in the middle of a contract negotiation...

Both sides are pressing, so he is playing hard ball... Same as Miller did

.. and so is Management Spook.

But by Horvat NOT signing ,  Management is allowed to seek their options before the TDL.

Perhaps this is the case,  Management isn’t locked into the player,   So having the option to move a good player to address weaknesses elsewhere with the club untill the TDL ,  Keeps them fluid in that option.

The longer it goes could leave Bo more unsatisfied either way.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Why would NYR need Horvat? Just Elliotte trying to stir things up?

Zibanejad

Trocheck

Chytil

The only deal I'd be interested in would be Schneider and Chytil for Bo.  Otherwise, no thanks.

Friedman never said that New York was interested that’s some Rangers blogger.

But of course New York would like him. They would probably be trying to send Chytil back the other way too.

Zibanejad

Horvat

Trocheck

Much deeper. That being said it ain’t happening.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bubba Gump Freidman could very well be spit balling here, but isn't he considered to be an "insider"?

Nevertheless, it's time for PA to get cracking, and seriously field some offers. No way Pat Morris is going to acquiesce to any offers the Canucks have made if they're lower than the Horvat camp's "deal breaker" number. We don't need the distraction, and if things are "stalled", it's time for a change.

The way some CDC'ers are married to players is mind boggling. They could trade any player as far as I'm concerned, as long as it is equitable and fair, and conducive to us reaching our goal of winning the cup.

I won't be concerned about this until the start of the season.

Still plenty of time to get this done, IMO the pressure point is the beginning of the season. Both sides have been consistent in wanting Bo to stay in Vancouver. Its going to take some time, Bo knows the gravity of what it means to be a lifetime Canuck and the importance of his position to this organization. I get the very sense after what he witnessed with the twins and how beloved they are to the fanbase, he wants to cement his own legacy here too for the long term.

With what happened with Miller's negotiations, I'm sure Bo's camp is waiting to see if management blinks to gain maybe an extra half a million/year on the deal. Im sure on the other end, management is trying to hold their ground and not let another negotiation lead to them blinking first.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bubba Gump Freidman could very well be spit balling here, but isn't he considered to be an "insider"?

Nevertheless, it's time for PA to get cracking then, and seriously field some offers. No way Pat Morris is going to acquiesce to any offers the Canucks have made if they're lower than the Horvat camp's "deal breaker" number.

We don't need the distraction, if things are "stalled", it's time for a change.

16 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Comparing Bo to Hank is laughable. While Hank wasn't a strong outwardly emotional leader, his game did the talking consistently.  Balanced with Burrows and Kes, the energy was there.

Like I said, I love Bo and love him on this team, but I want a passionate leader with the C or at least the captain to take the team on his back when needed.  Bo is more of a keep the peace kind of a guy but the reality is that for this team to be successful, the team has to be ready to go to war.

For both points, emotion, and readiness for war, Miller does fit the bill more than Bo.  Tough to knock Miller like you did considering that Miller had much more to do with the playoff push than Horvat.....by a long shot.  So I'm curious why you think Bo is better as a captain than Miller......not if Bo could be a good captain, but why he'd be better than Miller.

I haven’t seen Bo quit on a play the way miller did numerous time in his 3 seasons with the canucks. Until Miller shows he will not cost the team throwing his teammate under the bus by quitting on the play he is not a good captain for me. I rather they go with no captain if they trade bo. Then have a guy that throws temper tantrum and quits on play when things don’t go his way. 

2 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Nevertheless, it's time for PA to get cracking, and seriously field some offers. No way Pat Morris is going to acquiesce to any offers the Canucks have made if they're lower than the Horvat camp's "deal breaker" number. We don't need the distraction, and if things are "stalled", it's time for a change.

The way some CDC'ers are married to players is mind boggling. They could trade any player as far as I'm concerned, as long as it is equitable and fair, and conducive to us reaching our goal of winning the cup.

clearly you're the best of us. 

or maybe it's that some of us don't consider the players meaningless pawns on the way to a cup. a cup is meaningless if there's no attachment to the team, and I'm not going to have an attachment to the team if I don't know/care about the players. 

some things matter more than winning. 

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

I haven’t seen Bo quit on a play the way miller did numerous time in his 3 seasons with the canucks. Until Miller shows he will not cost the team throwing his teammate under the bus by quitting on the play he is not a good captain for me. I rather they go with no captain if they trade bo. Then have a guy that throws temper tantrum and quits on play when things don’t go his way. 

Nah, he just disappears for 10 or 12 game stretches, when the team needs him most. I'll take JTM's piss and vinegar attitude over BH's awe shucks approach every time. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, tas said:

clearly you're the best of us. 

or maybe it's that some of us don't consider the players meaningless pawns on the way to a cup. a cup is meaningless if there's no attachment to the team, and I'm not going to have an attachment to the team if I don't know/care about the players. 

some things matter more than winning. 

Ya, ok whatever you say. Way to reach there, champ.

6 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Ya, ok whatever you say. Way to reach there, champ.

Yup I’m reaching coz it was so noticeable and he did it so many times the coach had to talk to him about it

And where was he when the team continuously no show in the 1st period last season? Oh right he was no where to be found just like the rest of the team.. so where was he leading by example? Only player that showed up consistently for 60min was Demko 

Edited by wai_lai416

3 minutes ago, tas said:

what am I reaching for?

Implying that players are meaningless to me (they aren't), but with Lil Bo Peep not being signed so close to the starting gate, I believe a trade should be explored. I've also never said he SHOULD be traded, but BH has been here for 8 years, though thick and (mostly) thin, maybe he just wants to explore new, and FRESH opportunities? 

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

.. and so is Management Spook.

But by Horvat NOT signing ,  Management is allowed to seek their options before the TDL.

Perhaps this is the case,  Management isn’t locked into the player,   So having the option to move a good player to address weaknesses elsewhere with the club untill the TDL ,  Keeps them fluid in that option.

The longer it goes could leave Bo more unsatisfied either way.

Absolute true...

It goes for both sides... Bo will say 'at the moment I am a Vancouver Canuck' and Management will counter with 'we have a pay structure, no way we can stretch' and so forth...

After that it all depends how willing both sides are for Bo to remain a Canuck.

If Bo has a number and won't budge, or if management has a number and won't budge, he will be shifted at some stage. But as with Miller its a game of cat and mouse... we've been through this plenty of times before... Its all down to the willingness to both sides to compromise. 

Do agree the longer things take, the more chance there is of a negative outcome. 

• Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Implying that players are meaningless to me (they aren't), but with Lil Bo Peep not being signed so close to the starting gate, I believe a trade should be explored. I've also never said he SHOULD be traded, but BH has been here for 8 years, though thick and (mostly) thin, maybe he just wants to explore new, and FRESH opportunities? 

3 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I didn't imply anything, you said it in plain english yourself.