The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Canucks have been outplaying their opponents since the Colorado game..........can they turn it around?

Rate this topic

Patel Bure

4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Of course it's good to see Petey score, but it doesn't take away from the fact that scoring on the PP like he did last night is not going to work as often as they think it will. Case in point is how Montreal adjusted for the rest of the PPs against Petey. That's why I said he should just keep blasting at the opponent's body to make them hesitate, rather than Petey doing the hesitation. 

Argued, earlier that EP should work on making that shot harder cause that is what seems to had kept Ovi & Stamkos effective.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Argued, earlier that EP should work on making that shot harder cause that is what seems to had kept Ovi & Stamkos effective.

We both share the same sentiment, as I posted something very similar earlier this morning a few pages back, where I stated Petey should just blast away and not worry if it gets blocked. Their team will not want to keep getting injured, and they'll stop getting into position and/or be the ones to hesitate. That's how he can create room for himself. 

2 hours ago, kilgore said:

Why not switch out Miller for Boeser on the first unit? Miller can score, true, but he's also prone to turnovers.  It's time for the return of the Triangle of Death. Where if Petey is covered, Hughes dishes to Flow. Get his one timer confidence back.  And if both are covered Hughes probably has a lane to shoot himself.

Yes. I've been wanting this all year. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

We both share the same sentiment, as I posted something very similar earlier this morning a few pages back, where I stated Petey should just blast away and not worry if it gets blocked. Their team will not want to keep getting injured, and they'll stop getting into position and/or be the ones to hesitate. That's how he can create room for himself. 

Remember, Al MacInnis.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Remember, Al MacInnis.

Sure do. Weber as well. Guys were always scared of guys like Al and Webber. Petey, although maybe not has hard of a shot as those two, can absolutely rip it, same with Brock, so I say brake ankles, boys. Maybe you do injure someone, maybe you don't, but they'll definitely know what's coming and hesitate. And maybe you injure them enough that they stay in the game but are less effective. The simply matter is when Petey is the one hesitating to shoot, then it means he's squeezing his stick too hard. Grip it and rip it. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Sure do. Weber as well. Guys were always scared of guys like Al and Webber. Petey, although maybe not has hard of a shot as those two, can absolutely rip it, same with Brock, so I say brake ankles, boys. Maybe you do injure someone, maybe you don't, but they'll definitely know what's coming and hesitate. And maybe you injure them enough that they stay in the game but are less effective. The simply matter is when Petey is the one hesitating to shoot, then it means he's squeezing his stick too hard. Grip it and rip it. 

I was going to add, Weber as well.  Good point: Brock and EP should work on this part of there game and it will perhaps give the Canucks two effective PP units.  

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I was going to add, Weber as well.  Good point: Brock and EP should work on this part of there game and it will perhaps give the Canucks two effective PP units.  

What still makes me shake my head is how we've rarely seen Brock and Petey on opposite wings on the PP just blasting away one timers. I know so many of were so excited before Petey joined the team, as we knew he was going to special on that side, and seeing him and Brock one after the other on their sides throwing Howitzers at the net, but we've never seen it from this coaching staff. It boggles my mind. Brock probably has the best shot on the team, and the PP is 95% pass it to Petey for the one time, while Brock is forgotten about and/or put on PP2. I digress.

8 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

What still makes me shake my head is how we've rarely seen Brock and Petey on opposite wings on the PP just blasting away one timers. I know so many of were so excited before Petey joined the team, as we knew he was going to special on that side, and seeing him and Brock one after the other on their sides throwing Howitzers at the net, but we've never seen it from this coaching staff. It boggles my mind. Brock probably has the best shot on the team, and the PP is 95% pass it to Petey for the one time, while Brock is forgotten about and/or put on PP2. I digress.

Imo, THE STAFFS INSECURITIES ARE REFLECTED IN HOW THEY MANAGE THE GAMES.  

Imo, this is not the right staff, to lead this roster - despite there experience level.   This roster needs a coach that can identify the weaknesses & mitigate the issue; as well as, the know how on how to motivate THESE PARTICULAR MILLIONAIRES INTO PLAYING TOGEHTER; a coach with some accountability.  I was really baffled, as to why Canuck Brass chose to re  sign the staff cause there record indicates that they are just a bunch of well dressed, posers pretending to be NHL coaches; perhaps JB bought the Green hype.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Goaltending is the reason we weren’t blown out in most games this season right down to the mtl game last night. that’s not playing good. 
we put played because we got low quality shots. 
we have had decent possession number but the pk and pp are part of the game a we are terrible. 
the dzone is a disaster is has been for 6/7 years.

It’s like greens hypothetical “we win that game 8,9/10 “ 

well actually it looks more like 2/10. Ten games later. 

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Agree with you and the other posters.

EP and Boeser should just blast away.  Blocked shots hurts and can break sticks.  And if the puck is still in control, it's an advantage to the PP if the PK is hobbling around or without a stick.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Imo, THE STAFFS INSECURITIES ARE REFLECTED IN HOW THEY MANAGE THE GAMES.  

Imo, this is not the right staff, to lead this roster - despite there experience level.   This roster needs a coach that can identify the weaknesses & mitigate the issue; as well as, the know how on how to motivate THESE PARTICULAR MILLIONAIRES INTO PLAYING TOGEHTER; a coach with some accountability.  I was really baffled, as to why Canuck Brass chose to re  sign the staff cause there record indicates that they are just a bunch of well dressed, posers pretending to be NHL coaches; perhaps JB bought the Green hype.

Personally, I feel as though they signed them to two years in order to try and take pressure off the coaching staff to perform. Alas, here we are and they're likely going to all get a severance very soon. 

4 minutes ago, BPA said:

Agree with you and the other posters.

EP and Boeser should just blast away.  Blocked shots hurts and can break sticks.  And if the puck is still in control, it's an advantage to the PP if the PK is hobbling around or without a stick.

Broken sticks is another great point. It happens all the time and then the pk'er is rendered practically useless. This is why it's so mindboggling when we can all see issues to improve and have solutions, yet it seems like the coaches don't see any of it, as it doesn't ever seem to change. I digress, again.

5 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Broken sticks is another great point. It happens all the time and then the pk'er is rendered practically useless. This is why it's so mindboggling when we can all see issues to improve and have solutions, yet it seems like the coaches don't see any of it, as it doesn't ever seem to change. I digress, again.

I'd like to see our guys just rush to the bench if a stick breaks, especially with the short change in the 1st and 3rd periods.

12 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Personally, I feel as though they signed them to two years in order to try and take pressure off the coaching staff to perform. Alas, here we are and they're likely going to all get a severance very soon. 

Yeah; JB gambled, on the wrong horse - perhaps based on hype or something else.   Still wondering, about the real reason, hopefully, it is not based on a shallow reason, of liking the person cause Greens ' record is abysmal.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Of course it's good to see Petey score, but it doesn't take away from the fact that scoring on the PP like he did last night is not going to work as often as they think it will. Case in point is how Montreal adjusted for the rest of the PPs against Petey. That's why I said he should just keep blasting at the opponent's body to make them hesitate, rather than Petey doing the hesitation. 

I didn't watch the game so I don't know what you're talking about. 

But yes. He should just fire away. Hurt the ones who are crazy enough to stand in the way of his shot, and make them think twice about trying to block it the next time. It's easier said than done, which is why I think with him it's more mental than physical. With that being said, I would not be surprised if he's injured somehow. 

Brock too. These guys would never disclose that they're injured. Just seems like an "excuse" not to perform, so they'll hide it from the media (also so that other players around the league doesn't take advantage of their injuries if they knew). But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Boeser and Petey are both injured to one degree or another. 

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, BCNate said:

I'm not making any excuses, I'm am suggesting that an immediate coaching change could very easily change some of these L's to OTL's or W's.  Our roster is not as bad as our record indicates.  

I agree. I think our roster is definitely and absolutely underperforming. 

Which is why I think Green's and his assistants gotta go. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Been noticing, that alot of the better teams are trying to keep the games entertaining against the struggling Canucks, by allowing them the outside shots.

Helps them rest up for the next game too.. let the Canucks cycle the puck for a minute trying to find a shooting lane from the point, catch your breath while they're doing that. Maybe get a blocked shot and head out on a 3-1 too 

9 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I didn't watch the game so I don't know what you're talking about. 

But yes. He should just fire away. Hurt the ones who are crazy enough to stand in the way of his shot, and make them think twice about trying to block it the next time. It's easier said than done, which is why I think with him it's more mental than physical. With that being said, I would not be surprised if he's injured somehow. 

Brock too. These guys would never disclose that they're injured. Just seems like an "excuse" not to perform, so they'll hide it from the media (also so that other players around the league doesn't take advantage of their injuries if they knew). But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Boeser and Petey are both injured to one degree or another. 

Not sure, if he is hesitant due to the risk, that an errand shot, in a PP will end up to a break away chance or an exit out of the zone.   The coaching staff, should be able to identify & take advantage of the skillset that a BB & EP can offer and develope a scheme that can accommodate it.

20 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Helps them rest up for the next game too.. let the Canucks cycle the puck for a minute trying to find a shooting lane from the point, catch your breath while they're doing that. Maybe get a blocked shot and head out on a 3-1 too 

The game against Ottawa will be a win, unless, Demko lays an egg cause Ottawa, seems to be addicted to drafting in the top 3 and this is a loaded draft.  It will come down to how long Ottawa, will willingly compete to put on a show before bowing down - only my prediction. 

Ever rebuilding loser franchise.  Ottawa fans must be some of the most apathetic fanbased there is (besides there ever rebuilding cousins: Buff, NJ and Ari - perhaps, under Aquaman the Canucks can sadly be added to the list as one of the ever rebuilding losers).   As for the Isles, baffling how they are struggling; and my guess, Lou looking to take advantage of this loaded draft (?).

Screenshot_20211130-163156_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Edited by ShawnAntoski

5 hours ago, kilgore said:

I think this team could turn it around this season. Just too many good pieces.   Love what Garland adds.

Just not in time most likely.  Its sad because I feel we've already lost a couple of years with COVID and roster changes, and now we will have to wait until next October to once again be excited about working towards the playoffs. 

Never say never.  And I'm not going to say its impossible to make the playoffs, if other teams have injury troubles etc.. But I'm coming to terms with simply wanting to watch the team get better this season. Canuck Luck that we will get better, have a St. Louis like surge, and then just fail to make the playoffs and draft 15th.   But that would be a successful season now IMO

Do we really see this team going on a 14-7 streak just to get back to even?

• Haha 1