The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Dec. 01, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, iceman64 said:

you fell for it hey? yeah he's good.. if you hadn't of then you'd have just realized it had zero to do with gender at all..  my kid (boy) watches that show on drags (as they refer to themselves as "drags" so I'm not being derogitory and my daughter is bi.. do I care? certain not! 

So yes you actually did fall for the troll, people make their choices and who am I to judge or care? 

WHAT this is, is about a hater who has nothing better to do. we have had interactions before and my answer was and still is, don't like the way the team is, there's other teams to cheer for out there.. 

This fire Benning has been nothing short of embarrassing especially since the majority of fans if asked.. today if it's fire or extend JB, most of us would say extend... and do haters hate that? sure... and I'm not against opinions since everyone has one about something but this is getting old.. way old... 

BUT at the end of the day you just got trolled LARGE...  sexist? me? omg lmao! not likely.. :P

Well I tried and I’m glad I said what I said. If it makes you feel better to make fun of me for caring about that it’s ok, I’ve got thick skin. We just don’t view words the same way and let me be clear: I never called you sexist, in fact I defended you. Regardless I’m glad you felt comfortable sharing some of your personal life with me and to hear you support your lgbt daughter as well as allowing your son to watch whatever he wants. Like you said it’s not your business, it’s theirs. There are many other parents out there who won’t/don’t, so kudos for that. At this point to avoid taking anymore time when there’s little to be gained with us on different pages I’m going to drop this conversation.

As far as Jim Benning goes I’m not going to get into yet another debate with yet another user about management, so I’ll leave that part to the rest of the board, which it is very good at doing. Have a good night!

12 hours ago, lmm said:

Imagine yourself in talks with Aqua about the Prez job

A "Yes come to Vancouver and we'll get this signed"

Canucks beat Montreal

A " Sorry, I have an urgent meeting, can you hold off til next week?"

Canucks beat Ottawa

A " Ya, something came up, maybe we'll talk in Janruary"

meanwhile the top talent signs elsewhere

With Francesco, I can see the changes that the fans were demanding to be held off for the time. The wins against Montréal and Ottawa has bought him some time, but also Benning and Green a little bit of time. Once they get start losing again, that's when the fire around this team will begin again. 

still don't trust Benning to be making trades. Seems to be a lame duck GM at this point in time. 

Aquilini's need to invest in their front office and management team. Get the best people to run the organization, sit back and enjoy the hockey people to do their job. Make money in your other business deals, and watch your team and organization flourish. Meddle, and you'll always have an organization that is mediocre, no top management talent will ever want to work for you, and the fans continue to lament. 

I love my team, but &^@#, it's hard being a Canucks fan. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

The Canucks are about to do 1 of 2 things after these two bottom feed team wins. Build confidence from the 2 game streak and start to go on a tear or make these 2 games tiny blips in the never ending continual downward spiral of struggle this season. As much as I want Green gone, I hope it’s the former, because as a fan I just can’t stand watching my team lose. It sucks too much for everyone involved. On the 4th we’ll get our answer one way or another. Slightly hopeful this may be the turning point? Dangerous thinking for a Canucks fan, I know.

Yeah, there's a sense that this team could be turning the corner? Feels like it could happen. If they can get a winning streak of 5-6 games going, they could get pretty close to .500. But then, there won't be organizational change until the off-season. If they start losing on this long homestand in December, then I can see changes happening this month prior to Christmas, or after Christmas in January 2022. 

1 hour ago, lmm said:

It was a teenage wedding and the old folks wished 'em well

You could see the Pierre truly loved the mademoiselle

Chuck Berry-You Never Can Tell-1964 - Bing video

the thing about Chuck Berry is he was married for 69 years up until his death

the Pods should be so lucky

The Ronnie Lane version/cover(from the OGWT) is just pure joy. One of the best musical moments from the 70's

12 minutes ago, x00x said:

Scott Mellanby generating buzz as potential Canucks GM candidate

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/scott-mellanby-potential-canucks-gm-candidate

Key sentence right here:

The 55-year-old Montreal native has never been a general manager before

That’s a big no from me.

If we replace Benning I don’t want yet another inexperienced GM.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay

16 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Key sentence right here:

That’s a big no from me.

What is it about Scott Mellanby that the Canucks would be interested in? 

No experience as a GM, and what other qualities would they be drawn to? 

16 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Key sentence right here:

That’s a big no from me.

I mean Gillis was a first time GM and he did pretty good outside of drafting.

I would be okay with this move but it would definitely feel like Aquaman cheaping out again on his front office.

Surely there’s better options out there no?

6 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

What is it about Scott Mellanby that the Canucks would be interested in? 

No experience as a GM, and what other qualities would they be drawn to? 

The Aquilinis know him and probably think he’d be a good yes man.

Probably get him cheaper than a much more experienced GM too.

If they’re gonna cheap out on a GM they sure as hell better hire a well qualified president and experienced coaching staff.

Edited by DeNiro

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Also no experience as a general manager.

I think if they go with an inexperienced GM, then a President of Hockey Ops is a must hire. 

If they go with an experienced GM, then I think they might not need a POHO. 

Hey, if Scott Mellanby is the best candidate, then sure let's go. He couldn't be as bad as Benning in his tenure. 

What's the worse that could happen? We'd be in the same exact place as we are today, 10 years later? 

Sad Cry GIF by Team Coco

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The Aquilinis know him and probably think he’d be a good yes man.

Probably get him cheaper than a much more experienced GM too.

If they’re gonna cheap out on a GM they sure as hell better hire a well qualified president and experienced coaching staff.

I agree. I think they're going to want to be cheap about the next hire. Same old $&!# with this ownership. 

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Also no experience as a general manager.

After watching Benning I’m not sure if you need any experiance at all.

You got a whole team guiding every step you take.

A great leader is possible to find everywhere and if it’s an outsider, no strings attached to other players/coaches/gms elsewhere affecting the decisions. 

Wasn't Mellanby's Old man one of the head honchos at CBC(HNIC production) for many a yr? Also recall the guy suddenly ending our season('92 spring?), with an OT goal on McLean(def not his best moment!), with the despicable Coilers. Also recall Quinn rightly pi$$ed with the game's officiating - just a downright irritating moment in 'Nuck history.

Doubt the guy bleeds Nuck colours..but who knows, I s'pose?

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Wasn't Mellanby's Old man one of the head honchos at CBC(HNIC production) for many a yr? Also recall the guy suddenly ending our season('92 spring?), with an OT goal on McLean(def not his best moment!), with the despicable Coilers. Also recall Quinn rightly pi$$ed with the game's officiating - just a downright irritating moment in 'Nuck history.

Doubt the guy bleeds Nuck colours..but who knows, I s'pose?

To me it doesn’t matter if they are a fan of us or not. Hockey is a business that requires good results to have success. You need the right pieces in the right places in order to do that, which only requires a clear view of the organization. In fact if I’m being honest I would almost prefer an unconnected non-fan of our team in management because they can look at things in an unbiased eye. Having someone at the top whose only job description is to build a winning team and whose only ties to us is that we recently hired them could end up being a very good thing for the Canucks in the pursuit of the ultimate goal of the Stanley Cup.

2 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

To me it doesn’t matter if they are a fan of us or not. Hockey is a business that requires good results to have success. You need the right pieces in the right places in order to do that, which only requires a clear view of the organization. In fact if I’m being honest I would almost prefer an unconnected non-fan of our team in management because they can look at things in an unbiased eye. Having someone at the top whose only job description is to build a winning team and whose only ties to us is that we recently hired them could end up being a very good thing for the Canucks in the pursuit of the ultimate goal of the Stanley Cup.

Aren’t you describing Benning, when he was Hired?  

• Cheers 2