The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Jim Benning, name Stan Smyl as interim GM

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Me_ said:

The rebuild was done already.

I don’t understand why we’d go through another rebuild. Now is the time to start making strategically sound moves to improve on what we have.

Rebuilding would be trading Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes and that’s just not going to happen.

If we can't have success with this group and/or Horvat/Miller plan to walk in 2023 we don't have a choice.

A short rebuild would just include Miller/Horvat as the big ones.

As a fan I am happy to hear the Canucks owner speak and what he is saying, I have to believe what he says and we will see how this evolves going forward. It sounds to me like he knows they have made some mistakes, now is the time to address that so it does NOT happen again. Thanks Aquilini family for bringing in an experienced coach, I am excited to see how the team performs and the direction the team is headed with new management in place in due time...

Go Canucks Go!

Just now, johngould21 said:

Judging by some of the comments from some of the posters. I'd say many are hard to convince that there is no meddling between ownership and the hockey OPs folks on the club. Hopefully Steamer and the committee get a free rein to do the job.

Steamer will be able to do what he wants to do...

If it makes sense to Aqua.

6 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Tanev wasn’t cap snafu(what that means) and we know practically nothing whos to blame for Tryamkin. 
But with Bennings trackrecord regarding communication I believe Tryamkin.

The bit about him being afraid to be between two chairs.

Benning screwed up and didn't leave cap space for Tanev, it had nothing to do with communication. I was a big fan of Nik but it was clear he didn't want to be here. 

• Cheers 1

I never understood the meddling claims of some. Aquilini is a genuine, caring, and concerned owner. I’ve completed forgotten how soft spoken and innocent he is. Definitely not the villain people portray him as. That whole meddling $&!# needs to be put to bed.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Odd. said:

I never understood the meddling claims of some. Aquilini is a genuine, caring, and concerned owner. I’ve completed forgotten how soft spoken and innocent he is. Definitely not the villain people portray him as. That whole meddling $&!# needs to be put to bed.

If it makes sense

• Haha 1