The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Return of Edler and the Kings Vs Boudreau lead Canucks, Dec 6th 7pm pst

Rate this topic

86Viking

5 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Eh, it is called background noise while scripting. 

Common your being flippant, Vancouver fans are no worse than any fans in the league. Especially considering the team has been abysmal… I think they may have the right to be upset. 

1 hour ago, brownky said:

So here’s the thing. 

I’m on vacation at the moment at a lovely place. 

I was unaware of the happenings of yesterday until today. 

This was the view I took in this morning, shortly after finding out. This is a raw photo, no edit (its still on my phone) 

image.thumb.jpeg.a4d112a0f4ee43dfa059137fdbd7627b.jpeg

Praise the Boudreau reign! That’s what its telling me… 

or perhaps ‘dont look for any other rainbows’ ahahaha.

Either way, stoked to see an actual change. GCG. 

Whereever you are, I am trading places with you just for 1 day.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Common your being flippant, Vancouver fans are no worse than any fans in the league. Especially considering the team has been abysmal… I think they may have the right to be upset. 

They have the right to be upset before change happened. 

It is another to start whining immediately after change was made before anything on the ice happened let alone before anyone even talked to the media. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

They have the right to be upset before change happened. 

It is another to start whining immediately after change was made before anything on the ice happened let alone before anyone even talked to the media. 

Every team has whiners. Ours is no exception.  Just ignore it… rather than whine about it. 

16 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Common things are common things.  Like Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Clark should retire a Canuck; but I do wonder what happened with Holtby ?  Perhaps, Holtby was who he was at that stage and JB just overpaid for his resume ?

I think it was just a  weird year and such for Holtby. New team, new coaches, covid, compressed season...etc. He would still be around if JB didn't require every nickel to try and fix his bad judgements. Holtby is > Halak.

Edited by BC_Hawk

1 hour ago, appleboy said:

He did beat out OJ but so did Hunt and everyone else. LOL

The time he is getting as the number one D man in Abby is beneficial.  I think.

Lockwood is in the same boat. Getting prime minutes.

Nah...Hunt or Burroughs would have cleared waivers in early October. We traded JV because he wouldn't, and Rathbone won his spot. IF the plan for Rathbone was Abottsford, why not keep JV for another year. JV and Burroughs is a hell of a lot better than Hunt, Burroughs and a meh Lammiko. How about this; kept  MacEwan and JV vs. Lammiko and playing Burroughs fulltime....

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

I think it was just a  weird year and such for Holtby. New team, new coaches, covid, compressed season...etc. He would still be around if JB didn't require every nickel to try and fix his bad judgements. Holtby is > Halak.

JB was not a great GM but not bad either - imo.  The one mistake, that I find hard to ignore, is the Green extension cause after last season it seemed obvious. As for Holtby, JB overpaid in cap & term for a declining goalie cause he didn't trust that Demko was ready.

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

So did Edler ..... until he didn't 

I think Edler was a two phase reason:

1) Team kept running him out there is top pairing minutes; killed the guy and made him appear "spent"

2) Team lowballed him vs. giving him a reasonable contract in the 2mill range; contact of a 7/8 guy that played 1/2 minutes the yera before

Edler would have been AWESOME beside Poolman on the 3rd pairing right now.

4 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Nah...Hunt or Burroughs would have cleared waivers in early October. We traded JV because he wouldn't, and Rathbone won his spot. IF the plan for Rathbone was Abottsford, why not keep JV for another year. JV and Burroughs is a hell of a lot better than Hunt, Burroughs and a meh Lammiko. How about this; kept  MacEwan and JV vs. Lammiko and playing Burroughs fulltime....

Good points but had already made up his mind on who was staying..  

Hope, they don't waste an asset, to get some grit.  Probably best to dumpster dive, for a young player looking for an opportunity to play, since the season is lost.

Edited by ShawnAntoski