The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How you know you are less knowledgable then your fans

Rate this topic

Odjick the Warrior

Thank you Fransico for doing something your own fans told you to do in the summer and you know how I know that happened because they flew a banner over the city behind a plane and if that didn't raise an eyebrow with your consumer confidence then you should have thought something needed to change before 20+ games in last place behind an expansion team. 
You sir are a baffoon for thinking you have hockey knowledge and Canuck Nation does not want you trying to be Jerry Jones because the next chant will be "sell the team" to an owner that let's hockey people make hockey decisions.

A fan since Linden's rookie year 

Now the Griffiths family were owners

• Like 2
  • RoughGame 2

Benning was never at fault other than this inability to move on from Green.

People can say all they want about how Benning spent to the cap during a supposed rebuild, but those players that he paid for were renowned locker room leaders that were brought in here to safeguard the development of our young players.  All roster spots and roles that young players were assigned were earned through merit.  Benning's plan worked and the Canucks made the playoffs in 2020 much to the chagrin of Thomas Drance, JD Burke, HFCanucks.com, and a few other disgruntled idiots that shall rename unnamed. 

Unfortunately for Benning, he became too loyal to Travis Green. Green is a coach that is fine for a developing team but a team on the rise needs an elite coach.  Benning simply didn't have the heart to replace Green after the 2020 bubble.  

As a result, the Canucks struggled even despite Benning's good moves post 2020 bubble.   

Travis Green turned Nate Schmidt into Caityln Jenner and the Canucks struggled throughout the 2020-2021 season.  

As promised, all of our bad "transitional" contracts were off the books before this season started.   Unfortunately, because of Green, our top young players became our bad contracts.  

If Green had been replaced post 2020 bubble, we would have played some good hockey in 2021.  

No point in crying over spilled urine, but Bruce Boudreau is now here and I couldn't be any happier.

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, YEGCanuck said:

C'mon man, you don't have to stoop to name calling to make a point. It is unecessary and adds nothing to your argument. 

the owner needs to learn that the Canucks were not always the most popular team in Vancouver and things were heading that way with the White Caps making the playoffs before the Canucks.

He needs to hire people he trusts and let them do their job until he loses trust and not just hope something might happen after nothing pointing that was possible and let it fester and disgraced Travis Green by becoming a dead man walking for weeks when something needed to change weeks earlier. 

I know I will anger a lot of people but that's who I am and I call it as I see it 

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

At least Aquilini stepped up and hired a real coach, something Benning couldn't do successfully.

because the owner took away control to make decisions as reported by multiple insiders for weeks so instead of making a change after no evidence things will he acts like a guy at the river rock trying to go double or nothing at the table being desperate, There is a reason why there is a rep about them in the NHL being difficult to deal with. 

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

because the owner took away control to make decisions as reported by multiple insiders for weeks so instead of making a change after no evidence things will he acts like a guy at the river rock trying to go double or nothing at the table being desperate, There is a reason why there is a rep about them in the NHL being difficult to deal with. 

Benning was the guy who decided to hire two incompetent clowns to coach the team.  We also went to the SCF under this owner.

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Benning was the guy who decided to hire two incompetent clowns to coach the team.  We also went to the SCF under this owner.

it doesn't matter who was coaching the Canucks their needed to be a change should have been weeks ago but instead they hung Greener out to dry to by not knowing there was a communication and trust problem and didn't matter who was coaching just needed a change before Petey completely loses his confidence and becomes an unrecognizable player

8 minutes ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

it doesn't matter who was coaching the Canucks their needed to be a change should have been weeks ago but instead they hung Greener out to dry to by not knowing there was a communication and trust problem and didn't matter who was coaching just needed a change before Petey completely loses his confidence and becomes an unrecognizable player

And then person who made the change is who you are complaining about.

Edited by King Heffy

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

And then person who made the change is who you are complaining about.

you are losing my point, he took too long to make a change after it was a clear disconnect with players and coaches and was obviously effecting Petey and Boeser and how the players hated coming to the rink was a clear sign a change was needed and instead hung Greener out to dry as the only one answering questions was him

51 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

At least Aquilini stepped up and hired a real coach, something Benning couldn't do successfully.

I agree. This on ice change has more to do with Aqua hiring an NHL coach then firing Benning…. Benning assembled the team we watched tonight…..

Edited by #Canucks
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

he had help that is on another team right now 

Jimbo did enough good, to make up for his bad. Unfortunately that's 50/50. You need more then half for a rebuilding team. 

Saying that minus defense, this team is loaded up front, with an all-star goalie. 

Two reasons Bruce hasn't slept well the past 3 nights. Van media & how to get Petty back. 

Bruce knows this is potentially one of the most talented players he has ever had. 

I personally believe Bruce has the leadership and small skills to turn him around quickly. 

Thanks ownership for not hiring the likes of Torts, Babcock, etc. Would have ruined what could be the best player in Canucks history.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Vancan2021 said:

Jimbo did enough good, to make up for his bad. Unfortunately that's 50/50. You need more then half for a rebuilding team. 

Saying that minus defense, this team is loaded up front, with an all-star goalie. 

Two reasons Bruce hasn't slept well the past 3 nights. Van media & how to get Petty back. 

Bruce knows this is potentially one of the most talented players he has ever had. 

I personally believe Bruce has the leadership and small skills to turn him around quickly. 

Thanks ownership for not hiring the likes of Torts, Babcock, etc. Would have ruined what could be the best player in Canucks history.

it's too leave Greener twisting in the wind for a month is just bad management because Francesco was naive after things get worse and starts to sound like a mutiny in the locker room

Edited by Odjick 4 Premier