The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Ducks Dec. 29/21 7:30 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The reason we struggle against Gibson is the same reason we struggle against Hellebuyck and Price.

These guys rarely give up goals on shots they can see. You have to get in his face and get a greasy one or a tip.

They keep playing the way they’re playing and he’s gonna get a shutout. Gotta shoot from everywhere and get tips up high or in front.

While I agree that's an issue, we haven't forced him to move laterally at all this game either. 

I can only recall a single one timer on net from this team and that was Bo shooting it right at him.

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

And the common denominator is Big Dmen

I don’t see that as the issue tonight.

Our guys just seem out of sync. They need to communicate better and go to the net when a shot is coming.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

While I agree that's an issue, we haven't forced him to move laterally at all this game either. 

I can only recall a single one timer on net from this team and that was Bo shooting it right at him.

Also a problem yea.

Unfortunately most of those pass attempts are being broken up or the shooter isn’t one timing it.

• Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Also a problem yea.

Unfortunately most of those pass attempts are being broken up or the shooter isn’t one timing it.

I feel as if they're not being as selective with their shots as well. Settling for some weaker opportunities as opposed to setting it up.