The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Dec. 30, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yes well said. I appreciate that you can see it from the players side and give them the benefit of the doubt. It's nothing new to see players struggle for an entire year due to a new environment, new team, role on the team, or injury of course.

There is definitely something to be said for the mental aspect. Maybe for Petey he's caught in transition to becoming the adult version of himself. I can only imagine what I'd be up to if my salary went up 700% overnight. That could make it tough to concentrate on the job at hand. I don't know but he could be anxious about buying a house, laying down roots, being away from family and simply taking some time to figure it and himself out. It can't be easy in this Covid climate either.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him just figure it out at some point. Maybe this is him laying the groundwork to becoming elite. Now look, you got me being all optimistic. :P

Yes Totally

I get a kick out of fans who do see the good rebounding...............

His edge work on the shoot out goal against a NHL caliber goalie

His shot is fricken hard..........and everybody talks about it

His stick handling is top notch

IMO, his passing is elite

Where he is not making the grade is his skating, which is not strong right now

IMO, that will change for the better with time

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

all about the benjamins now.

no fans in the building, they arent making enough money.

sad stuff.

I get why they’re doing it, but it’s worrisome if the situation doesn’t get a lot better in time to make up all the games that have already been postponed on top of these ones.

After all the Christmas and New Years get togethers we’ll see this year, it’s wishful thinking that we’ll be back at full capacity any time soon.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

To be honest Lammikko, Highmore, and Chiasson aren't going to get us any goals. According to their history. Let's say say we not expect anything from those 3. Chiasson is a gifted pp guy only. DiGuseppe is built for the 4th line. Lockwood or Bailey maybe should get a look, Lockwood has speed and scoring potential.and Bailey is faster on the forecheck. We could try a bruising hitter on the 4th. From within, I would try Juulesen or Woo as utility checkers, guys that can hit. 

A hard no on Juulsen, or Woo, you can't just expect a couple of average AHL dmen to be any better than the guys that have played the position their whole life. They are not going to provide any scoring whatsoever. They'll most likely get eaten alive. Neither is a speedster.

I'm definitely in for giving Lockwood a try and DiGuiseppe. Unfortunately I don't think we will find any scoring for the fourth line. That's hard to find for no money or assets, which we don't have to burn.  Although to be honest I wouldn't be against bringing a top notch 4th line guy if the price is right. Also a hard pass on Bailey. He just doesn't get it.

Too bad about Sutter, he could really be key there on this team if healthy.

• Vintage 1

Yesterday the Kings came at us in waves 

We were pretty much doing our best to hang on all game.

This reminded me of the Travis Green days but with better PK and PP. 

Our PP earned us the extra point. 

Guys looked tired. 

I am more interested to see how they bounce back.

Halak kept us in. It was too bad we couldn't steal one in the shootout. 

It would be a real statement if this team can bounce back and string together another streak of wins. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

A hard no on Juulsen, or Woo, you can't just expect a couple of average AHL dmen to be any better than the guys that have played the position their whole life. They are not going to provide any scoring whatsoever. They'll most likely get eaten alive. Neither is a speedster.

I'm definitely in for giving Lockwood a try and DiGuiseppe. Unfortunately I don't think we will find any scoring for the fourth line. That's hard to find for no money or assets, which we don't have to burn.  Although to be honest I wouldn't be against bringing a top notch 4th line guy if the price is right. Also a hard pass on Bailey. He just doesn't get it.

Too bad about Sutter, he could really be key there on this team if healthy.

We'll my point was to add some snarl to the 4th line. Lamb and Himore don't hit. Not sold on Chiasson either. It's not about adding scoring but role players that fit the duties of a 4th line. 

Why do we have to have the softest 4th line in the league? 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

"Day by day" lol

I can't see the 8th going ahead either.

HNIC and it’s against a Canadian team? I think it probably goes ahead at 50% given the fact the Leafs next two home games which are also against Canadian teams are still a go and they’ll be essentially empty buildings limited at 1,000. 

42 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Yes Totally

I get a kick out of fans who do see the good rebounding...............

His edge work on the shoot out goal against a NHL caliber goalie

His shot is fricken hard..........and everybody talks about it

His stick handling is top notch

IMO, his passing is elite

Where he is not making the grade is his skating, which is not strong right now

IMO, that will change for the better with time

Agreed. Oh I forgot to add. Maybe he's in love. :wub:

:lol:

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I get why they’re doing it, but it’s worrisome if the situation doesn’t get a lot better in time to make up all the games that have already been postponed on top of these ones.

After all the Christmas and New Years get togethers we’ll see this year, it’s wishful thinking that we’ll be back at full capacity any time soon.

Yeah it's risky. There is the three week Olympic break, and the All Star game too. But yeah unless this gets better quick they might just need to go with no revenue in the 7 Canadian cities.