The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Jan. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

This win streak and how we close out the season will go a long way to attracting GM candidates, AGM candidates and free agents. I would wait till the off-season to hire/interview potential people and bank we go on a huge tear and are anointed a destination anyone would want to go to. 

Patience might pay off here.

6 hours ago, KyGuy123 said:

This win streak and how we close out the season will go a long way to attracting GM candidates, AGM candidates and free agents. I would wait till the off-season to hire/interview potential people and bank we go on a huge tear and are anointed a destination anyone would want to go to. 

Patience might pay off here.

I don't disagree, but I heard Rutherford say he's hoping to hire someone within about a month.

He also had really high praise for Ryan Johnson about a minute before he started talking about his love for bringing up new guys (and had a list of a half dozen guys that he pulled up into Gm and/or AGM positions).

Made me wonder if that's how he's leaning.

9 minutes ago, Putgolzin said:

I don't disagree, but I heard Rutherford say he's hoping to hire someone within about a month.

He also had really high praise for Ryan Johnson about a minute before he started talking about his love for bringing up new guys (and had a list of a half dozen guys that he pulled up into Gm and/or AGM positions).

Made me wonder if that's how he's leaning.

Certainly a possibility, and I don't think it is a bad one.  Hiring a brand new GM is a habit of ours, but having a mentor for them sounds like a better process and if the AGMs are experienced too...  If the Twins are future executives do they take some kind of AGM of Abby if this happens?

1 minute ago, dm_ranger said:

Certainly a possibility, and I don't think it is a bad one.  Hiring a brand new GM is a habit of ours, but having a mentor for them sounds like a better process and if the AGMs are experienced too...  If the Twins are future executives do they take some kind of AGM of Abby if this happens?

Agreed, on Ryan Johnson specifically, I feel like I'd prefer the route of bringing in someone with prior experience and success at the NHL level.

But I'm not JR, so I guess I'll just wait and see.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

it's obvious he's not himself this season for whatever mysterious reason. but I think he will get back to it. He's too talented not to get back there. 

I think Pettersson has been overrated since he entered the league. He needs a lot of sheltered minutes to succeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 4

2 hours ago, Battlemonger said:

I think Pettersson has been overrated since he entered the league. He needs a lot of sheltered minutes to succeed.

So you've changed your tune....go back and read what you said about him when he entered.  Not quite the same.

He was injured/off and now is having trouble finding his game again.  But stay consistent if you're demanding that he do so.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yah, I'd never heard of him before.  Looked him up 8 goals, 12 assists in 22 games.  Before this year he's only been a .5 PPG player in the AHL and only 10 total games in the NHL without a point.  Could be a late bloomer would be interested to see if he gets a game.

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Wow. This is what one bad 1/3 season gets you eh? 

Season is not even half done. 

You dont win MVP and golden helmet of SHL as a rookie for being crappy. Think about all the greats that came out of the SHL? And then he wins rookie of the year in the NHL. Overrated??? 

Petterson is a cerebral player with great puck skills. The first 3 seasons, it looked like he knew what he wanted to do with the puck ahead of time and did it. If you could grade it, His anticipation was like 95/100

He was always at the right place at the right time and then when he got the puck, there was zero hesitation and he made a great play whether it be a shot, pass or defensive check. I still remember him picking off a king's breakout pass going down left wing full speed and letting go a Gretzky clapper to win the game. I don't remember any canuck that would have the guts to go full speed up ice to pick off a pass when the opposition D is making a breakout pass. It's usually a play on the body of the winger to make a defensive play. 

He showed moxy in the STL playoff series as well. 

I think this is Peteys humbling experience right now. After the offseason contract negotiations, some comments he made , all the time he spent on instagram and recording studios etc. He's probably regretting a lot of it. 

But you know what, I'd rather he go through this now rather than in a playoff series when we need him to show up. 

I think it'll be amazing if he gets it together in the 2nd half and becomes the old Petey when we hit playoffs. That's like adding a star at the TDL. 

BB is showing we have a good team. With some run support from other guys, pressure should be easing which will allow Petey some space to breath and regain his touch. 

Whats funny is that he has been terrible this year and he's still 0.5 pts per game. 

Now we know what his floor is lol

Yeah, imagine being a bad player but still producing 0.5 points per game on the ice. 

Most players in the league wish they could produce that at their peak :lol: