The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Jan. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So the owner wants a full house.  It's clearly his decision, and it's about the bottom line.  

I think they're waiting for restrictions to be lifted. If they aren't the season is over anyway for Canadian teams. We're still tied for 13th in games played so it makes sense to wait for a full arena since it's just one game. It's always about the bottom line. I agree though, it sucks. Damn would have been nice to see a game. At least there are a couple of NFL games on.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

This covid postponement will only hurt the Canadian teams as they going to cram all the make up games in a short period and we going to see 4 games in 5 nights crap again just so they don't have to delay too much the playoffs. FA is dumb lol imagine if we were to miss the playoff because we are burnt out at the end of the season due to all the make up games crammed in a short period of time. Theres also a possibility where they dont lift the 50% capacity for months. You gonna postpone all those games too? 

Actually we're only down 10 games as of Feb 1 I believe, even if we cancel upcoming Canada games. So if we played 8-10  games in 26 days during the Olympic break we can easily catch up. I think that would work anyway. Am I off on that thought?

Just now, gurn said:

Thank you for mention this part. :)

No problem Gurn! I've always kind of hated the Cowboys but Prescott and Shultz (no thanks to you Lamb, lol)  just won me $900 for winning my fantasy league and I've watched every game this year. They play the Eagles (who are an interesting team) tomorrow night who are also fighting for a playoff spot. I should mention Prescott can be annoying as hell if you're betting on him. ::D Should be a heck of a game. The Cowboys D is pretty awesome to watch.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Actually we're only down 10 games as of Feb 1 I believe, even if we cancel upcoming Canada games. So if we played 8-10  games in 26 days during the Olympic break we can easily catch up. I think that would work anyway. Am I off on that thought?

where do you get the 26 day break from? and assuming we don't play any home game this month.. we also prolly won't be playing the other canadian games on the road either so that's 12, and who knows how many more we might miss if a team have an "outbreak". there's no guarantees capacity limit will be lifted any time soon in canada.. i rather we play with half capacity while we can still play vs later we have more postponement coz of covid.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

50 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

This covid postponement will only hurt the Canadian teams as they going to cram all the make up games in a short period and we going to see 4 games in 5 nights crap again just so they don't have to delay too much the playoffs. FA is dumb lol imagine if we were to miss the playoff because we are burnt out at the end of the season due to all the make up games crammed in a short period of time. Theres also a possibility where they dont lift the 50% capacity for months. You gonna postpone all those games too? 

1000 bucks says home games will never happen unless the NHL/Owner and BC government , finally decide to play with no fans, this virus will be around everyday, and by the time we get to play another home game, a new variant will surface and that will postpone our future home games LOL, its a revolving door .....i just feel sorry for people who spend money and either have to wait for a long time for a refund or dont even get a refund ( ie plane tickets etc ) , funny thing is, like 2 days ago, this game was a goo , so im sure people planned on comming to van to go to the game, now they get screwed.

Also why is the leafs able to play at home, but we cant, is it our onwners being greedy or? cause they have a worse outbreak than us, but can still play home games wihtout fans

It just blows my mind of whats happening, we get fully vaccinated and still being treated like we unvac/prisoners  and being forced to stay home due to restrictions and  lockdowns

Edited by x00x
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, x00x said:

Also why is the leafs able to play at home, but we cant

I'd guess that the Leaf's revenue from T.V. rights is a fair chunk higher than  Vancouver's; merchandising probably out sells the Canuck stuff as well.

7 minutes ago, x00x said:

1000 bucks says home games will never happen unless the NHL/Owner and BC government , finally decide to play with no fans, this virus will be around everyday, and by the time we get to play another home game, a new variant will surface and that will postpone our future home games LOL, its a revolving door .....i just feel sorry for people who spend money and either have to wait for a long time for a refund or dont even get a refund ( ie plane tickets etc ) , funny thing is, like 2 days ago, this game was a goo , so im sure people planned on comming to van to go to the game, now they get screwed.

Also why is the leafs able to play at home, but we cant, is it our onwners being greedy or? cause they have a worse outbreak than us, but can still play home games wihtout fans

It just blows my mind of whats happening, we get fully vaccinated and still being treated like we unvac/prisoners  and being forced to stay home due to restrictions and  lockdowns

There’s no more running from this. We have to start playing home games after this trip. I can’t see the NHL allowing this with the owners anymore. The games need to be played with or without fans 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

where do you get the 26 day break from? and assuming we don't play any home game this month.. we also prolly won't be playing the other canadian games on the road either so that's 12, and who knows how many more we might miss if a team have an "outbreak". there's no guarantees capacity limit will be lifted any time soon in canada.. i rather we play with half capacity while we can still play vs later we have more postponement coz of covid.

I agree 100%. I'd rather play at 50% vs whatever else. I'm just going by the upcoming schedule. I think my numbers included upcoming Canadian games this month but I'm unsure on anything anymore. 

image.thumb.png.488f99ab1d7b93714208da090290f110.png

It's going to be near impossible if we don't start making those games up/lift restrictions soon imo. By that I mean early/middle Feb.

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So the guys are 'discouraged'. Well done Mr. Aquilini. 

I believe this is an NHL order. Not ownership. Also, even if he did have a say, I would like to see how you would pay for the 80 something million dollar salary cap AND pay for all those arena expenses on just half capacity. 

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I believe this is an NHL order. Not ownership. Also, even if he did have a say, I would like to see how you would pay for the 80 something million dollar salary cap AND pay for all those arena expenses on just half capacity. 

So run the risk of losing more money instead. They are gambling. That’s all it is and judging by the recent tweet this is an owners decision 

Edited by Devron44
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So the guys are 'discouraged'. Well done Mr. Aquilini. 

There's a reason why the league is playing ball in postponing games. 

They played in an empty arena last year because the league and teams thought they'd be covered with the insurance policy. 

Theres a lawsuit going on over 1 Billion dollars because of denial of coverage. 

How much is the avg ticket price? 

50% capacity is like almost 10k ppl. 

That's like a 1m+ per game that Aqua is forfeiting. 

I dunno but if i signed up for insurance thinking i would be covered and then got denied for all of last year's revenue and am at further risking losing 1m+ per game this year, I'd prob want to hit the pause button too. 

Super interesting read

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/covid-19-canucks-among-20-nhl-teams-suing-insurance-companies-over-losses

• Cheers 1