The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Florida Panthers | Jan. 11, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, eeeeergh said:

Yea, honestly thought we were outplaying them for majority of the game. Dont care that we lost, was great to see us outplay one of the best teams in the league. 

Definitely.  They didn't crawl up and die like when they were coached by greener

55 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Most nights he'll be able to look around or stop them anyway with his positioning and size. 
1st goal was clean through, not tipped, just a screen. He has those most nights.
No chance on the second goal- fair play. 
3rd goal also clean through, not tipped, just a screen. Still has those most nights.
4th goal was a positioning error on Demkos part. Bad goal. 
5th goal was a breakaway.. again he has those on most nights, but not a bad goal.

He had a bad game but not b/c he had a bunch of bad goals, but rather b/c he let in a bunch of goals that he would otherwise normally have had. Even if he wouldnt have all of them, he'd probably make a few of those saves on other nights, and the canucks would still be in it. 

according your analyze, at best we are 2-2 tie if Demko plays like a superman.... 

20 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Watching Petey is getting unbearable.

I guess you aren't watching too closely.

Petey sent Pearson in all alone in this game... not his fault Pearson couldn't bury it.

He has sent in on clear breakaways multiple linemates over the past few games in exactly the same way he did with Pearson... they all missed.

Pettersson is doing good things... what he is not doing is shooting with any confidence.

Go ahead and whine about his shooting, but that is not any reason to b*tch about his complete game.

5 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

My son told me today , his teacher said omicron easy get recover but could get brain shrunk, i am worry about Petey might have been affected by the virus?

Not to sure about THE VIRUS THAT SHRUNK MY BRAIN! thing, but Its a valid point about if the virus has maybe something to do with it.  Look how its affected Sutter long term.  Maybe he has lingering symptoms.

This game is on Aqualini.

As an owner, he should have understood that putting the team on a layoff for 9 games right after a 10 game layoff would be a mistake.

Worrying about filling up the seats is stupid when you put the team back into a slump... then you have more problems with filling the seats.

• RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, KirkSave said:

When Bennet ran Demko in the 3rd, our response was soooo lackluster. Miller was there and skated away. Boeser grabbed Bennet but was not interested in fullfiling that role. He didn't even look Bennet in the eye or even said a word to the guy. Just sad that we can't even find some jam in a moment like that to stick up for our MVP and send a message that running Demko is off limits.

At least Pearson gave BOB some "what for's" at the end of the thrid and then fed a few shots to Weegar. Our team toughness is terrible.

Luke Schenn was not on the ice.  Gino is retired.   

4 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I guess you aren't watching too closely.

Petey sent Pearson in all alone in this game... not his fault Pearson couldn't bury it.

He has sent in on clear breakaways multiple linemates over the past few games in exactly the same way he did with Pearson... they all missed.

Pettersson is doing good things... what he is not doing is shooting with any confidence.

Go ahead and whine about his shooting, but that is not any reason to b*tch about his complete game.

I’ve been watching Petey pretty closely.  My observation is that he is not moving his feet.  When he gets the puck he is either skating in the wrong direction or standing still.  I’m still seeing some sleek passes and stick handling, but he’s not supporting his line mates at the right times.  It’s like he is out of sync.  Maybe the Alien is caught in another dimension?

• Vintage 1