The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Florida Panthers | Jan. 11, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Demko is a top 10 goalie in this league at a bargain of a contract, and would have made the US Olympic team if the NHL had gone..  We are lucky to have him.

don't think demko is a shoo in for olympic even if they went. Hallebuyck prolly gets in as the starter not because he deserves it but he's the experienced one. then it'll be jack campbell who's been pretty dominant over the last 2 season. then it would be a toss up between gibson and demko.. if i were the gm i prolly would take gibson over demko based on consistency gibson have been really good and consistent his entire career beside the #3 goalie probably won't even get a game so it wouldn't even matter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

https://canucksarmy.com/2022/01/06/report-thatcher-demko-member-usa-olympic-team/

Seravalli would disagree and is one of the most respected insiders in the business.

Shots were 46 to 26.  Goalie Bob save % was .960.  Demko’ was .808.  It’s obvious why we lost that game.  Demko matches Goalie Bob and we win 3-2 in OT.  

It’s okay to accept Demko had a bad game.  

• Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Shots were 46 to 26.  Goalie Bob save % was .960.  Demko’ was .808.  It’s obvious why we lost that game.  Demko matches Goalie Bob and we win 3-2 in OT.  

It’s okay to accept Demko had a bad game.  

Yea, honestly thought we were outplaying them for majority of the game. Dont care that we lost, was great to see us outplay one of the best teams in the league. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Canucks played hard but I think its one of those games you gotta throw out and move on. 

Fla first 2 goals. I was speechless. Nothing you can do besides either blocking the shot or cross checking the screen. 

That tip in was ridiculous. 

There was a few breakdowns that luckily didnt go in but the first 2 goals were indicative of what kind of night it would be. 

Peteys line wasn't very good. He needs to get back to his puck hounding ways and i feel like offense will take care of itself. 

Just now, eeeeergh said:

Yea, honestly thought we were outplaying them for majority of the game. Dont care that we lost, was great to see us outplay one of the best teams in the league. 

This exactly!  We play like that and we will win way more than we lose.  Demko had an off night.  It happens.  

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Canucks played hard but I think its one of those games you gotta throw out and move on. 

Fla first 2 goals. I was speechless. Nothing you can do besides either blocking the shot or cross checking the screen. 

That tip in was ridiculous. 

There was a few breakdowns that luckily didnt go in but the first 2 goals were indicative of what kind of night it would be. 

Peteys line wasn't very good. He needs to get back to his puck hounding ways and i feel like offense will take care of itself. 

Shots were 46 to 26!  Demko’s save % says he should only let in 2 on 26 shots.  That’s a 3-2 game.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This exactly!  We play like that and we will win way more than we lose.  Demko had an off night.  It happens.  

Yeah idk why people are mad if u acknowledge that, this wasnt his first bad game, wont be his last. Generally outplays most other opposing goalies and stands on his head, while not even being in the prime of his career yet. He's going to win the vezina at some point, just a matter of time. 

• Like 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

He's allowed to have an off night once in a while is my point.

I 110% agree.  If Demko plays his regular self we at least get a point, because it’s a 3-2 OT game.  Our guys went into Florida, and outshot the top team in the league 46-26.  That’s really good.  We have a much better team than many of us realize.  We could easily win our next four on this trip, especially if we play like we did tonight.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I 110% agree.  If Demko plays his regular self we at least get a point, because it’s a 3-2 OT game.  Our guys went into Florida, and outshot the top team in the league 46-26.  That’s really good.  We have a much better team than many of us realize.  We could easily win our next four on this trip, especially if we play like we did tonight.  

Let's concentrate on Thursday first of all.  Manageable goals like Bruce likes.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Shots were 46 to 26!  Demko’s save % says he should only let in 2 on 26 shots.  That’s a 3-2 game.  

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Yeah idk why people are mad if u acknowledge that, this wasnt his first bad game, wont be his last. Generally outplays most other opposing goalies and stands on his head, while not even being in the prime of his career yet. He's going to win the vezina at some point, just a matter of time. 

I feel like it's hard to blame Demko when he can't even see the shots. 

Which out of the 5 were bad goals? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

I feel like it's hard to blame Demko when he can't even see the shots. 

Which out of the 5 were bad goals? 

Most nights he'll be able to look around or stop them anyway with his positioning and size. 
1st goal was clean through, not tipped, just a screen. He has those most nights.
No chance on the second goal- fair play. 
3rd goal also clean through, not tipped, just a screen. Still has those most nights.
4th goal was a positioning error on Demkos part. Bad goal. 
5th goal was a breakaway.. again he has those on most nights, but not a bad goal.

He had a bad game but not b/c he had a bunch of bad goals, but rather b/c he let in a bunch of goals that he would otherwise normally have had. Even if he wouldnt have all of them, he'd probably make a few of those saves on other nights, and the canucks would still be in it. 

• Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Luongo sh*t the bed many times. Same with Markstrom. Every goalie can have a bad game or 5. Demko is easily tied for our MVP this year along with Miller and Hughes. They have been our 3 best players all year.  Miller isn’t great every game. Neither is Hughes. Demko isn’t Superman. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

So...how bout that Pettersson eh?

Really though.  That much time off vs the Panthers who have played a fair bit in comparison.

Meh

Not defending him but wasnt he quaratining alot of those practice days?

Edited by TNucks1