The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Florida Panthers | Jan. 11, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, TFerguson said:

He's looked terrible all season. His first couple years it wasn't just offence, it was the way he hounded the puck from one end of the ice to the other. It was magnetized to his stick and he was obsessed with making a great play. 

Now, he seems uninterested, emotionless, and just not good enough skill wise.  

He should've taken JB's first offer and kept his head down. I don't think he was ready for the sting of fans calling him on the holdout and shaking his confidence more than it already was. At this point I'm wondering if he'll make it back any time this year. 

He took advice from Lou E.  Eh it be alright management can bring this season back for future negotiations. 1 free year of whatever he's asking for! Add 1 additional year to his contract term! If he still sucks trade him to Toronto for matthews!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Not to sure about THE VIRUS THAT SHRUNK MY BRAIN! thing, but Its a valid point about if the virus has maybe something to do with it.  Look how its affected Sutter long term.  Maybe he has lingering symptoms.

I agree with you that he is not fully recovered, should put him on LTIR

Ok so since i was working again and didnt see the game, only the highlights. What were our lines? tried to follow on the gamecenter page on NHL.com and looked really strange. Demko was aparently human for once....but who were our top players and why? Was petey hesitating and without confidence again? Hoglander with -3? Did Ddickinson actually contribute this game?

38 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

Just saw the highlights of the Pearson fight. Boy does he ever work Weegar, similar size and age. I'm surprised not as many people were hyped on it

JR must have told Pearson when he traded him from Pits that he played too soft. Pearson has two fights since JR took over and IMO both fights don't happen under Travis Green but doubt its a coaching thing. Pearson wants to stay in VAN and is showing JR he is willing to play that kinda game. Respect Tanner cause I thought you were soft also but I have no problem how you've been playing now.

Its still apparent that this team lacks toughness and team toughness as well. 

Whats up with OEL as well? Has played terrible since start of Dec, looks slow and is generating no offence.

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Only watched a bit of the game. Demko looked a bit shaky for the first 40 minutes. We greatly outshot the Panthers. Was this a case of Bobrovsky stealing the game or were our shots just lousy?

Bit of both... Bobrovsky had a stellar game...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2