The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Florida Panthers | Jan. 11, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, mikeyman109 said:

Shots don’t tell an accurate story. The game was closer than 5-2 but the first goal OEL screened Demmer and the deflection was tough for any goalie. 
the Panthers had more dangerous chances and at one point we had out shot them 17-8 or something like that but Florida was the more dangerous team. Bennet had one roll off his stick that should have been in. They missed the net a lot on their good chances. We shot from everywhere and really didn’t make Bobrosky work too hard. We fell asleep as a team twice after the first and third goals and they scored on the shift after the goals. That’s on the whole team not just the goalie. Save percentage is a useless stat if all the shots are from outside. We didn’t threaten most of the game. There was not a time when It felt the Canucks were taking the game over. Throw this game away. On to the next one. 

Yeah you hit the nail on the head. We might have had 45 shots but they were either from a long way out or straight at Bobrosky, who was way better then Demko last night. The Panthers looked dangerous every time they came into our dzone, and they spent a long time there as we struggled to get the puck out. The only point in the game we stood a chance of winning was at 1-2 at the first intermission. After they scored the third goal it was all pretty much over. Miller missed a sitter late on but it wouldn't have changed anything. It goes to prove that you can practice all you want, but it is not the same as playing meaningful games. Those two weeks off cost us any chance of winning this one.

32 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t care how many assists a player puts up if they’re a defensive liability.

100 games played for Demko, 200 for Petey and Hunt, Petey and Hunt is on the same boat , one makes 7.5mil, the other makes 0.6 mil, 

Line combinations I would like to see. 

Garland Miller Tanner I'm watching the games and IMO Miller needs guys to go to war w him. 

Hoglander Bo Boeser I've always liked the chemistry Bo and Brock have and Hoglander is every bit the 5v5 player Baertschi wasn't.

Motte Pete Pod IMO Motte is the perfect mentor for these kids this would be a great utility line. I think Pete and Pod's games hugely complement each other.

Dickinson Lammi Lockwood Is it frickin Lockwood time yet? I truly believe this is the best shutdown combination we have in our arsenal. 

Edited by hammertime

8 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

True.... but he's got a pretty good shot from the point though... something we don't see out of Poolman, Hamonic... it is what it is... a downgrade from Juolevi!

Sure, Canucks need impactful offensive players, but given his position it’s a bit more crucial he can take care of business in his own end.  Juolevi/Hunt is kind of a wash to me.  I do like the intensity Rathbone plays with and with maturity can develop into something very solid for the Canucks.  Too bad he’s injured

• Like 1

14 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I guess you aren't watching too closely.

Petey sent Pearson in all alone in this game... not his fault Pearson couldn't bury it.

He has sent in on clear breakaways multiple linemates over the past few games in exactly the same way he did with Pearson... they all missed.

Pettersson is doing good things... what he is not doing is shooting with any confidence.

Go ahead and whine about his shooting, but that is not any reason to b*tch about his complete game.

If you think Petey is playing well, you need your eyes checked.

Actually Canucks played not bad.

We could not win every game, but do not mind to lose to the best team.

The gap between games is too long for Canucks.

Demko was not in the very good mode this game.

Petty still need an opportunity to wake up.

Hoping we will start another point streak next game.

• Cheers 1

Thought it was a good game.

Hockey is like that. Tough to win every single one. It's why we have 7 game playoff series, so we can ensure the better team moves on.

Demko had hard night. At one point it was 4 goals on 13 shots.

Demko still had a good game but I think the lay off caught up to him a couple times. Cant give an inch to such a great home team as the Panthers.

Still really excited for BB era and was content with the effort the lads put out there last night. 

• Cheers 1