The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Activision Blizzard to be Acquired by Microsoft

Shekky

4 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Sony must be shaking in their boots. That is a huge chunk of their install base gone with CoD more than likely going exclusive.

If Sony is smart, it should use that spiderman money and buy EA and hold the sports title hostage. 

Seems unlikely it becomes exclusive. It's too well established across both platforms.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm playing Wow classic/TBC. Is it a nostalgia trip? Yes. But the play balance is back. After Wrath things went sideways. I stopped playing the retail version at Legion. 

Must be nice for the shareholders of Activision/Blizzard. 

I was playing TBC but have since lost interest I played Classic and yeah it was also fun played up until BWL came out then stopped lost interest as well but the best wow has to offer is to remove 15+ years of updates and that is the sad state the game is in and at this time Blizzard should look to do something else with the ip WoW2 would be awesome but I can't see them doing that at all.

1 hour ago, 24K PureCool said:

Sony must be shaking in their boots. That is a huge chunk of their install base gone with CoD more than likely going exclusive.

If Sony is smart, it should use that spiderman money and buy EA and hold the sports title hostage. 

It would cost them too much money to make CoD exclusive. They would lose close to half the revenue it generates. CoD has been criticized for basically being the same game in different skin. I don't think it has a loyal enough following to convert PS4/5 users to xbox. 

5 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

It would cost them too much money to make CoD exclusive. They would lose close to half the revenue it generates. CoD has been criticized for basically being the same game in different skin. I don't think it has a loyal enough following to convert PS4/5 users to xbox. 

Might be a different story if Sony can't fix their supply issues though.  Likely to see bundling instead of it being exclusive though.

Edited by King Heffy

7 hours ago, Shekky said:

I used to play World of Warcraft a lot and then after Cataclysm I stopped playing and played it off an on a little bit but never at the same level I did for Vanilla to Wrath of the Lich King and now the game is just in an absolutely terrible state now so hopefully the purchase can improve the dev teams for some of these games but I think at this point though Microsoft doesn't fix the companies they acquire though so I am not expecting much to come from this.

Same here. Loved playing WoWcrack back in the day but the game lost me a few xpacs after LK. Probably a good thing tho as the addiction was not. Just like how EA ruined SWTOR (although took Blizzard a lot longer)

Edited by Ronaldoescobar

13 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

I have friends who still have friends at Blizz. Early word is there might be Xbox exclusive content for COD but no way they cut out the player base for at least the next few CODs.. PS has won the last 2 console generations. 

This was mostly about mobile gaming for Microsoft apparently. 

11 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Might be a different story if Sony can't fix their supply issues though.  Likely to see bundling instead of it being exclusive though.

They are both losing market share to PC gaming as well....I think. 

8 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

I have friends who still have friends at Blizz. Early word is there might be Xbox exclusive content for COD but no way they cut out the player base for at least the next few CODs.. PS has won the last 2 console generations. 

This was mostly about mobile gaming for Microsoft apparently. 

Well it will take MS about two CoDs to close the deal so that checks out. 

This is definitely a play for game pass. Sony can definitely keep CoD if they allow game pass on the playstation but that ain't happening till hell freezes over. 

Either way I never cared for Activision or Blizzard games so doesn't really affect me much. Just mean I might need to pony up for a rtx4080 down the line. 

On 1/18/2022 at 10:47 AM, 24K PureCool said:

It's very unlikely it'll go exclusive. It wouldn't make sense to lose that much of their player base leaving all that money on the table.

Microsoft knows that software is what matters. It doesn't matter what platform someone plays the game on. They don't make their money off the hardware, they make it off the software. It's the same reason why you are starting to see some Sony/PlayStation exclusive games hit PC now.

13 hours ago, Templeton Peck said:

It's very unlikely it'll go exclusive. It wouldn't make sense to lose that much of their player base leaving all that money on the table.

Microsoft knows that software is what matters. It doesn't matter what platform someone plays the game on. They don't make their money off the hardware, they make it off the software. It's the same reason why you are starting to see some Sony/PlayStation exclusive games hit PC now.

Well we have Bethesda as an example already with how all their game are going exclusive. 

PC ain't a good example as it is not considered a console and MS have a vested interest in seeing PC gaming work out as you know windows. 

Anyone thinking CoD, maybe except for warzone or other service games, ain't gonna be exclusive to Xbox and windows are delusional. Like I said, if Sony allow game pass on playstation then they will get those games but ain't gonna happen. Exclusivity sells in this industry. MS ain't spending 69 billion for the status quo. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Templeton Peck said:

Same thing was said when Microsoft bought Bethesda. None of their future games are coming to playstation and their is some hugely popular games in Bethesda's catalog. Microsoft didn't spend almost 70 billion to help the competition. It isn't about money for them, so lost profits and sales from playstation isn't as big as growing game pass and the Microsoft eco system