The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks name Patrik Allvin as GM

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Patrik Allvin as GM  

180 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, khay said:

Retaining 50% on Miller sounds like a good idea if it gets us another 1st or good prospect. Whatever to expedite the retool.

I think if Boudreau had this team from the beginning, it's a playoff team. 

But it's not a cup winning roster. 

For sure. Although I agree with the notion of had we hired him 2-3 weeks earlier than we did we’d be in prime playoff contention. 

34 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, with Malkin, Letang, Guentzal and Crosby, do you believe Boeser would take a place on PP1?

Absolutely. There's not a single sane coach in the NHL that would not try Boeser with either Crosby or Malkin on PP1, maybe even with both. You're grasping at straws here to prove for whatever reason that Miller and Boeser aren't talented enough to be top line players when all data says otherwise. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Well, with Malkin, Letang, Guentzal and Crosby, do you believe Boeser would take a place on PP1?

Umm. Boeser would make that unit the best in the league and even better than it currently is. How is that even debatable?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 13231 said:

Absolutely. There's not a single sane coach in the NHL that would not try Boeser with either Crosby or Malkin on PP1, maybe even with both. You're grasping at straws here to prove for whatever reason that Miller and Boeser aren't talented enough to be top line players when all data says otherwise. 

Actually, what I say is that many players in similar situations would produce goals/points. 
In the Canucks the roster was pretty thin til resently. So Boeser got in front seat at once. 
If he had come now he might be after Podz in picking order… 
My real point is that it’s not about talent.

Green wouldn’t be an NHl coach if he didn’t have Marky in AHl to lead the team to wins. 
Miller would have much less points if he had stayed with the Lightnings.

Let Boeser take Kapanens role in Penguins, less production. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Because the information we do have doesn't give me confidence. If we had the same amount of information available to us, but the scouting departments under Allvin had been more successful, I would like the hire a lot more.

So basically we're going to loop around in discussion over and over again.

You clearly want to be depressed and dismal and yell at clouds for no reason so I'll leave you to it.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

Umm. Boeser would make that unit the best in the league and even better than it currently is. How is that even debatable?

I don’t know. That’s why I’m asking. 
I got my ideas about possibilities but that isn’t actual knowledge. 

11 minutes ago, Pears said:

Ummm cause Benning, duh! <_<

Sorry, Green this time. My bad. I wonder how long we have to do this for. Probably the next GM and coach I'm guessing.

Edited by Gawdzukes

20 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Was he the final decision maker on the draft in Pitts tho?

No, they also had very few high picks during his tenure. They were a little busy being a perennial playoff team and contender, that comes at a cost and that cost is typically picks. 

Edited by Harold Drunken

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I don't feel like not taking hypothetical information that may or may not exist into consideration when gauging whether or not Allvin is the right person for the job can be considered "assumption".

This is not the place for facts, statistics and logic......

Edited by Harold Drunken

3 hours ago, khay said:

Yep, Boeser is likely gone. At 5-5.5 mil salary, I would keep him even if he is slow but he will be asking for 7 mil.

I wouldn't rule out trading both Boeser and Miller though.

Miller probably offers the fastest way towards a retool.

Ditto, I would not be surprised to see them both moved based on Miller's return and Boeser's price moving forward......it would make sense. 

I clicked no in the poll. I openly admit that I don’t know a lot about the guy. My concerns are pretty superficial so I look forward to being proved wrong. 
This is clearly the case of JR picking up his lackey from his last job. Now maybe he will make a great GM, only time will tell but the optics appear that he is a yes man. JR promoted him before and is doing so again. Why interview other candidates and pretend this wasn’t settled a month ago?  Regatdless this is my team and I support them. I was a Benning supporter and I will support Allvin now as GM. Hoping he can get some good value in a trade or two and turn this thing around. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Amebushi said:

I clicked no in the poll. I openly admit that I don’t know a lot about the guy. My concerns are pretty superficial so I look forward to being proved wrong. 
This is clearly the case of JR picking up his lackey from his last job. Now maybe he will make a great GM, only time will tell but the optics appear that he is a yes man. JR promoted him before and is doing so again. Why interview other candidates and pretend this wasn’t settled a month ago?  Regatdless this is my team and I support them. I was a Benning supporter and I will support Allvin now as GM. Hoping he can get some good value in a trade or two and turn this thing around. 

JR is the most successful GM in the cal era. I trust his mind when it comes to hockey knowledge. I feel like he’s building up a good management team and as a whole they’ll come up with a plan. I think in 3-4 years we’re going to be an organization that competes for a long time. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1