The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Feb. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I hate to say this but I’m starting to believe our best options might actually be trade to EP and BB. And the only reason i say this is because that combined identity of those two players is what we need less off, unfortunately.

I would replace these two with gritty larger forwards who play with intensity, consistently. 2 F who can immediately create that impact. 

If I was GM, I would truly consider offering EP or BB to MTL for Josh Anderson. His profile is exactly what should be the Canuck prototype when it comes to retooling this roster.

I believe it would also dramatically help shift the locker room to more of a workhorse mentality. 

As for the other forward…any thoughts?

Josh Anderson hasn't done anything close to what Petey or BB has done.  He's not a consistent scorer either.  I would pass.

1 minute ago, DJB said:

I mean serious contenders. Like winning a cup. 

Well then you're asking for a Cup Winner.  Not a serious Contender.  You tell me who will be that team this year.  Nobody knows.  You have to have a lot of things go right to be a cup champion.

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

I mean serious contenders. Like winning a cup. 

They were the best team in the league for a few years there with a trip to the finals. That's a contender. Unfortunately, since the Sedins peaked so late, the window wasn't open very long, but that was definitely a contending team.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, DJB said:

He will never be anything with this team. Had a bit of a run, but it’s over. Maybe with luck he could fit in with a new team and get some confidence back. 
I told all my friends the same thing years ago with the other high paid player Luongo. Said they would never win a cup with him because he choked on all the big saves when it really counted. 

Imagine if the AVS went that route with a young, struggling MacKinnon...

Just now, aGENT said:

They were the best team in the league for a few years there with a trip to the finals. That's a contender. Unfortunately, since the Sedins peaked so late, the window wasn't open very long, but that was definitely a contending team.

The way I see it is the best team in the league wins a cup. 
I understand what you’re saying though. 
Teams finally figured out the Sedin cycle. 

Just now, DJB said:

No, they didn't. We didn't win a cup for a whole slew of reasons but to state they weren't a contender is just nonsense.

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

Have to take into account injuries and luck.  The best team doesn't always win the cup.  Or else the cup would always be won by the presidents' trophy winning team.

• Cheers 1

Just now, aGENT said:

No, they didn't. We didn't win a cup for a whole slew of reasons but to state they weren't a contender is just nonsense.

Yeah 1 was having Luongo. 2 was a lot of bad reffing. I mean those are just my opinions. I’m old. 

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

I hate to say this but I’m starting to believe our best options might actually be trade to EP and BB. And the only reason i say this is because that combined identity of those two players is what we need less off, unfortunately.

I would replace these two with gritty larger forwards who play with intensity, consistently. 2 F who can immediately create that impact. 

If I was GM, I would truly consider offering EP or BB to MTL for Josh Anderson. His profile is exactly what should be the Canuck prototype when it comes to retooling this roster.

I believe it would also dramatically help shift the locker room to more of a workhorse mentality. 

As for the other forward…any thoughts?

Josh Anderson? How about no

Boeser should be traded for Schneider from NYR. 

• Cheers 1