The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Feb. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I think the idea of moving Bo is going to start to get more traction.

The entire top6 was bungholy last night. Maybe EP is the only one that i cant see being potentially on the block. He has to hit less post and more back of the net though. 

Also, I know it was his fist game back but man did Pearson look slow. 

Bo is our best all situation C, we have nothing in the system to replace him. I just can't see why he'd be on the block. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Love it when people respond by first throwing an insult. I am not here to pump your tires. I am stating facts. It’s up to you if you want to ignore them. The reality is that trading players is what this team needs to do to improve it in the long run. Most of the team stats are at the bottom of the league that is just fact. Sorry.

I agree with your statement, but the original post was right IMO. Mix it up, when you see something positive, comment on that too. Don’t always have to be a critic...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Id take josh anderson in a second for boeser.  The team lacks drivers with size and anderson is still young with goal scoring ability.

26 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I'd do it too

Josh Anderson is their Jake Virtanen. He’s bad.

6 hours ago, dank.sinatra said:

I'd be open to trading Horvat.

Demko and Hughes obviously are untouchable barring a mind blowing offer.

I'd be hesitant to trade Pettersson or even Boeser as well. They've both shown they can be elite and it would suck to have them find their game elsewhere and get a low return in a trade.

Everyone else is open season imo. Except Schenn. Protect that man at all costs.

Boeser is due $7.5 if there's a qualifying offer. So the question is this, is he currently worth that? If you say yes, you're hinging your hopes that he's going to return to previous form or even improve upon that. That's a big gamble with big money. Yes he's only 24, but that kind of money is a risk especially when we just paid Pettersson and Hughes. Boeser struggles with his speed, he struggles to hit the net and he's wildly inconsistent. To me, $7.5 is too much for the status quo. We need Brock to be a consistent offensive contributor along with Petey and BO for this team to win.

Edited by Harold Drunken

37 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Bo is our best all situation C, we have nothing in the system to replace him. I just can't see why he'd be on the block. 

I think you know, I would keep all three of our centers.

I just dont know if his presence is as much as it used to be. He avoids criticism as we all love the guy as a person as well as a player. However, he doesn't seem to lead the charge much and is invisible at times. 

I could see the new mgmt group looking at all options besides Hughes and Demko.

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I think you know, I would keep all three of our centers.

I just dont know if his presence is as much as it used to be. He avoids criticism as we all love the guy as a person as well as a player. However, he doesn't seem to lead the charge much and is invisible at times. 

I could see the new mgmt group looking at all options besides Hughes and Demko.

what I'm hoping is they shed Pearson, Hamonic, Dickie, Halak's bonus first, and I'd pay to do some of that. 

I don't have the stomach for a full tear down, kicking the can down the road another 5 years. 

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

what I'm hoping is they shed Pearson, Hamonic, Dickie, Halak's bonus first, and I'd pay to do some of that. 

I don't have the stomach for a full tear down, kicking the can down the road another 5 years. 

I agree with everything you have said here.

5 years is too long.

This core is the right age with a few slightly older leaders. In the next couple years we could really be in the conversation, 

I also cant help but think of how desirable having 3 strong centers is. With the added bonus that EP is good on the wing, its even better.

Those 3 players are not where i would look to make changes. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I agree with everything you have said here.

5 years is too long.

This core is the right age with a few slightly older leaders. In the next couple years we could really be in the conversation, 

I also cant help but think of how desirable having 3 strong centers is. With the added bonus that EP is good on the wing, its even better.

Those 3 players are not where i would look to make changes. 

I'd much rather pay something to move Bennings final middle meh deals, and take a run at keeping our C depth. Bo, Miller, Petey, Lammikko seems to be working under Boudreau. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Good list. Also try to get a D for Boeser that qualifying offer is way too much

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JM_ said:

We need a shake up, the window is supposed to be “open” would like to see ho key trades that bring back competive players 

1 minute ago, Mossberg said:

Good list. Also try to get a D for Boeser that qualifying offer is way too much

I'd be OK with moving Boeser if he doesn't agree to a long term deal under his QO, in the low 6's, where he'd be more in line with what he's shown. 

• Cheers 1

I think it would be a mistake to resign Boeser,he's a no show way to many nights we need our best offensive  players to be aggressive   ,play with tenacity  and dominate,skate,hit people separate them from the  puck, skate away from them not be left in the dust.We need more players like Motte and Miller  play all out not less

The only players you shouldn't be trading are EP, Hughes and Demko. It's not a novel idea but some of you seem o thinks otherwise. 

Sometimes players just have bad seasons, ask MacKinnon before he broke out. You don't trade those guys, you trade the guys around them.