The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Nashville Predators | Feb. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

we did couple of years ago, what changes now?

we changed the coaching personnel, i don't know if we can do that again. we need to get the mix of players right. maybe we just don't have very good offensive players, either that or they're just dumb players. the only thing that hasn't changed is the players on those PP units. we've changed the head coach, even released our PP coach from a couple years ago. Maybe King's gotta go. 

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

we did couple of years ago, what changes now?

Worse passing than before. Less shooting, harder to break past the blue line( See Calgary game), not being able to set up properly. There’s a ton of reasons and I can’t figure out why no coach deals with it as a priority. 

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well, I am sure they are told to shoot and don’t so I would say it’s a personnel issue. They really need a dman with a bomb. I miss Salo.

I do too. Why don't players want to shoot? I wonder what is behind the psychology of that. 

8 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Josh Anderson? How about no

Boeser should be traded for Schneider from NYR. 

Agreed, if we were a Colorado or a Miami team looking for that one last piece at the deadline sure.Young talented defence or nothing. Jersey has some up and comers we should kick the tires at to. 

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s weird it seems we have too many unselfish players on the ice all at once.They just love to pass.

We need to trade for more selfish players then. Sounds odd to say. 

8 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

we changed the coaching personnel, i don't know if we can do that again. we need to get the mix of players right. maybe we just don't have very good offensive players, either that or they're just dumb players. the only thing that hasn't changed is the players on those PP units. we've changed the head coach, even released our PP coach from a couple years ago. Maybe King's gotta go. 

Is King coaching the PP?  I thought Boudreau took that over.

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s weird it seems we have too many unselfish players on the ice all at once.They just love to pass.

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

We need to trade for more selfish players then. Sounds odd to say. 

I don't think being unselfish is the reasoning. We don't move the puck quick enough or decisively enough and we're not fast enough to skate ourselves out of trouble/into opportunities, that's why our shots are so low. Guys aren't creating the opportunities to shoot that an elite powerplay would create. 

As it stands now, I doubt shooting more will do much. Yeah I think we'd be slightly better off shooting more, but it won't make us anywhere close to elite. A lot of these hypothetical shots we're not taking would just go into the defenders shins and result in easy clears. It would be a much bigger issue if we were generating looks and not shooting, but we're not even generating looks. It's way more than just a mentality thing of just shooting more.

7 minutes ago, mll said:

Is King coaching the PP?  I thought Boudreau took that over.

Who knows at this point. I thought King was still coaching the PP. If he is, then I say he needs to be replaced. 

If it’s Boudreau, then I don’t know what to say. 

4 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Canucks suffer from Canthitthenetites. Hit the net with your shots. Wow.

It’s weird to look around the league and just envy all these teams with 25-30 goal scorers and then look at our players with 10-15. Just seems so unfair. The scoring comes so easy for this those teams and it feels like pulling teeth to get more than 2 for ours. Why is it such a struggle in Van?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

That “Motto” line seems to be gelling very nicely. Highmore is growing on me. 
Lammer seems to be rounding into shape…solid line that makes sense. 

still noticing chances where other lines have a chance to pull the trigger, but seem to be looking for the more “cutesy” play. Shoot to score all the time. 

51 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s weird to look around the league and just envy all these teams with 25-30 goal scorers and then look at our players with 10-15. Just seems so unfair. The scoring comes so easy for this those teams and it feels like pulling teeth to get more than 2 for ours. Why is it such a struggle in Van?

But the thing I notice the most is that the Canucks are sitting in prime areas take the shot and... just wide. It has been a huge problem all this year and last. 

A healthy scratch for Petey for a couple of games will actually help him.  I think he is too tentative once the puck hits his stick, he doesn't know when to shoot or pass, or just scared being hit and passes the puck too quickly to no where.  Seeing a few games from the press box should help.  He is just unwatchable right now and he won't return to his first 2 years of stardom anytime soon either.

Edited by a4rules