The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, Qwags said:

I've wasted a third of my life watching Benning/Weisbrod flounder about like idiots.

the salt in the wound is flipping the channel and watching a bunch o X canucks on the lames help them go on a tirade, and become a powerhouse.  Tanev, Markstrom walked to an enemy for nothing.  Toffoli could have been kept instead of signing some of the dead weight, and i wont bring up the wrong choice made at the draft table in 2016 - coz for about 3 years i tried to rationalize it in my mind as a defendable choice.  

new chapter now with new management team. lets see what they can do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

So much drama........they're playing the way most figured they would, up and down, inconsistent.  They were talked about being a bubble team for the playoffs.  Guess what bubble playoff teams are?  They're inconsistent, if they were consistent they'd be securely in a playoff spot.

• Vintage 2

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't believe this team makes the playoffs, I've been saying this for a while. I fully expect us to see at least one significant piece move prior to the deadline. Probably Miller or/and Boeser imo. 

But that being said, I firmly believe we have good pieces to build around and that we're not looking at a teardown style rebuild. Hughes, Demko, Podz, Pettersson, Hoglander. And yes, OEL and Horvat (despite his recent struggles). We're certainly not in the state we were in after Gillis left. Lots of work to do, absolutely, but good pieces to build around. 

I believe in this management group, Rutherford's done a great job, I still think the future could be bright. 

Our 4th line gets put on that list too imo. Im hard pressed to find fault with Lammikko and Motte. Highmore's been good too. 

Dickinson, Pearson, Poolman, Myers, Miller all need to be moved. Miller only because of the huge return we can get for him. 

The UFA pool has some interesting top 6 guys that can go a long way to filling in for Miller (Reilly Smith or Max Domi come to mind). 

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

the salt in the wound is flipping the channel and watching a bunch o X canucks on the lames help them go on a tirade, and become a powerhouse.  Tanev, Markstrom walked to an enemy for nothing.  Toffoli could have been kept instead of signing some of the dead weight, and i wont bring up the wrong choice made at the draft table in 2016 - coz for about 3 years i tried to rationalize it in my mind as a defendable choice.  

new chapter now with new management team. lets see what they can do.

The tiny cap increase probably means more teams have to let go UFAs that theyd rather keep this year and next. Having cap space to be able to pick up those guys without having to give up any prospects/draft picks is going to be key to building properly in my opinion. 

Calgary did it and look at them now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RU SERIOUS said:

That;s because this frachise has been built on stoic/passive Swedish Values for the past 25 years.   Unfortunately, our so called leader (captain) was baptized and neutered by the Sedins and thats why you see that lack of grit in our locker room.  I'd bet $5 bucks that JR gets rid of Bo if he's truly intent on changing the culture of the team.   

Except Allvin is the GM.

Does he value that same Swedish style of leadership is the question.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

So much drama........they're playing the way most figured they would, up and down, inconsistent.  They were talked about being a bubble team for the playoffs.  Guess what bubble playoff teams are?  They're inconsistent, if they were consistent they'd be securely in a playoff spot.

Exactly! Moves need to be made to become elite.

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Our 4th line gets put on that list too imo. Im hard pressed to find fault with Lammikko and Motte. Highmore's been good too. 

Dickinson, Pearson, Poolman, Myers, Miller all need to be moved. Miller only because of the huge return we can get for him. 

The UFA pool has some interesting top 6 guys that can go a long way to filling in for Miller (Reilly Smith or Max Domi come to mind). 

I'm fine with Motte going either way tbh, staying or going. It really depends on what he wants in a contract, I don't see how he'd earn less than Dickinson on this team. But yeah, that trio has been impressive. If Motte goes I'd be happy to see Lockwood or Jasek get a shot though, I think they could do an adequate job for less. But if he's retained I certainly won't complain. 

I'm indifferent on Pearson, I think he's fine as a defensively responsible third liner who can chip in tbh. But yeah, depends on what teams are willing to offer. The rest, sure. Though I think Myers rides out his contract here and that wouldn't bother me. Not that I expect us to re-sign him.

I'd like Nick Paul out of Ottawa, we've missed having a Sutter/Beagle style center and it's shown all season. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Or their response. Ya but we won.

Good point.

I still think there’s too many guys on this team leaning on past success or over-inflated egos. Trying to get by on skill alone and not putting in the work.

Boeser may be the epitome of that unfortunately.  He just doesn’t hustle and has zero impact on the game when he’s not scoring.

At one point tonight I even found myself cursing Horvat. It was on the powerplay, he made some no look behind the back pass to nobody. I’m like seriously!? You’ve been absolutely brutal on the powerplay and putting up zero shots and you’re trying g fancy plays like that?! Get back to the basics! You’re not that good!

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1