The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday February 27 Vancouver Canucks (25-22-6) @ New York Rangers (33-14-5) at 4:30 (our time) on SNPTV and SNPAM650.

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

3 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Uhh… Linden being slashed down to the ice when he was already on his knees crawling to the bench due to injury. 

Some of the crap is both unforgettable and unforgivable. There’s more but it brings on PTSD.

Thanks for the reminder. Yes that clip showed a pretty egregious penalty. What I don't recall is whether the pocketed whistles were one sided in favour of NYR, or if we got away with similar shenanigans. That was a weird time for me so I wasn't as tuned into Nucks hockey.

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

The League wanted the Rangers to win in 1994 and break their cup drought the same as they wanted the Bruins in 2011. 

Big US market, sponsorships, blah blah blah. Same corrupt BS then as now. 

Let the Rags take liberties with Linden to get him out of the series and even changed the schedule to give the Rangers more rest.

Some things never change. 

Couldn’t agree more. I’m thinking with this new and highly qualified management and coaching team the Canucks might garner more respect . Wishful thinking I know.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Thanks for the reminder. Yes that clip showed a pretty egregious penalty. What I don't recall is whether the pocketed whistles were one sided in favour of NYR, or if we got away with similar shenanigans. That was a weird time for me so I wasn't as tuned into Nucks hockey.

Muck Messy-Eh broke our best defenseman's (Brown) wrist with a slash that took him out of the series.

The refs gave Brown a 5 minute major.

The refs also jobbed Quebec even harder than us to keep the rags in the playoffs.

That Nordiques team should have won The Cup that year but the fix was in, and it was in way before we even got to the dance.

• Vintage 2

33 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Couldn’t agree more. I’m thinking with this new and highly qualified management and coaching team the Canucks might garner more respect . Wishful thinking I know.

I'd like to see more respect commanded from on-ice play. Need to be tougher and harder to play against. I like what I see in spurts. Hoping BB can get this more consistently.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Pocketed whistles is an excuse for kids in grade 3.

Changing the schedule on the other hand......

19 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Muck Messy-Eh broke our best defenseman's (Brown) wrist with a slash that took him out of the series.

The refs gave Brown a 5 minute major.

The refs also jobbed Quebec even harder than us to keep the rags in the playoffs.

That Nordiques team should have won The Cup that year but the fix was in, and it was in way before we even got to the dance.

So not much has changed with this corrupt league,  makes being a fan that much harder. JR has a tough job. Let's add more muscle and win despite the league.