The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Mar. 05, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, FijianCanuck said:

Leafs are very careless with the puck, if they play a tight checking team in the playoffs it’s over for them. 

I was thinking that when everyone was talking about their "speed". Not just skating speed, but how quickly they throw the puck around. It gets reckless at times (too).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Yeah, trade Miller. (I can't say this had me "sobbing" but I sure did notice this and who was a brother on the bench...this team is starting to really bond.)

Miller is a quality player and a leader on our team. Lots of teammates lean on him for comfort inspiration and advice. These kind of players don't come around very often. Imo I think we need this guy moving forward. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redline said:

Miller is a quality player and a leader on our team. Lots of teammates lean on him for comfort inspiration and advice. These kind of players don't come around very often. Imo I think we need this guy moving forward. 

We cant afford to lose him. 
And Boeser can probably be signed to a pretty reasonable contract b/c of his production this year.

I dont think we're going to get our cap room by moving those two. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

And Boeser can probably be signed to a pretty reasonable contract b/c of his production this year.

Unfortunately it's not up to us at all really.

44 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If the Canucks were to make the playoffs, and Miller were to finish with 90+ points, you'd have to think he'd get some consideration for the Hart trophy. Just sayin.

He'd have to beat out Demko as well.   But yes.  

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Boeser's pass out front to Matthews was horrendous.

For sure it was but mistakes happen to all players. He sure came back with more grit after that. Just saying..even though he's really pi%#ed me off a lot this year.

Edited by Redline
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Of course not.   That's going to be Dickinson and Poolman ... ok joking aside - Pearson can be moved after the season is over at the draft.   That's enough to sort next year out and save a little for the next season.      ... which and after next year the bad cap leaves from buyouts/halak etc.   Let's hope Dickinson and Poolman can earn their deals. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Well said.

If they trade Miller there is no replacement/improvement coming, and frankly there may never be another one in the life cycle of this core. He's that important & that good.

I think going forward we need 1 more stud top 3 defenseman, another 3L center option (since Dickinson hasn't worked), and to fix our penalty killing. Creating the space to do that is going to be tricky but thats how we get to the next level imo. (And this is already looking like a playoff team under Bruce)

Maybe landing that 3C is where a Boeser trade comes into play. I've been pretty critical of Bo lately, but hopefully having a 3C that can take some of the load off of him can help him return to previous form, and Boeser might be the trade chip to do it. Then, if we can land another middle 6 RW in free agency or, better yet, someone like Karlsson can win a spot in training camp and slot into that third line RW slot, our forward group could look pretty solid. 

Landing a stud RD is going to be difficult though. If the Rags aren't willing to part with a guy like Schneider for Miller, who's on pace for 90+ points, can play all 3 forward positions and both special teams, then that tells you just how valuable good RD are, and how difficult it's going to be to land one.

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Unfortunately it's not up to us at all really.

It depends largely on the timeline that PA and JR decide on. 

If they figure the Canucks are going to contend 4-5 years from now, JT gets traded.

If the plan is to go for it 2 years from now, they're keeping JT. 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why does Miller's agent say, JT "has loved" Vancouver?  That's past tense.  Why not say JT LOVES Vancouver?  Present tense.  Why not say JT is looking forward to negotiating his next contract to stay in Vancouver?  Future tense.  But no, the agent speaks like JT is already gone.  Past tense.

why do people think he wants out I couldn't get it, some player said he wants to play for a winning team and people love it,

JT bought a house in Van west and his family loves to live here, he is the #1 star in this team and he is a true leader ( yesterday BB said that), and very important for his career-- he is now playing his best hockey in Vancouver, and I remember once at practice Jim Rutherford was watching, he yelled at him" don't trade me, you can't win the cup without me" and everybody was shocked, and people still want to trade him? ( yesterday Kevin Bieksa explained why you can't trade him ), or still thinking he may want to play in the US? Miller traders will be disappointing, after yesterday's game( look at the standing and the schedule) didn't you see at postgame how happy JT was? he knows how important that game means to him. It’s pretty clear Miller won’t be traded! 

Edited by sxqhfeh
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I've repeatedly heard from Ranger fans that Schneider is indeed off the table, which should take them out of the running for Miller (assuming we were still open to moving Miller at the TDL, which I doubt), barring a package that includes multiple 1st rd picks or something insane like Laf, Chytil, Lundqvist and a 1st.

Really, I just think people need to qccept the fact that Miller isn't going anywhere in the short term. Next deadline is the only point I see him being moved, and that's only if management isn't convinced he'll be willing to stay. They're going to give themselves every chance they can to get him resigned imo.

I'm not sure what the Rangers are smoking but Schneider tops out as a top 4 D and is likely going to be a bottom pair D we need a top D coming back if we're moving Miller at all. They don't have the assets to get Miller unless Lafreniere or Fox is on the table which i doubt.

Edited by Ferlands_Head
ok
  • Like 1