The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in John Marino

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

For all we know PIT might be open to a Boeser for Marino straight up trade, but that's a bad deal for VAN.  Maybe PIT doesn't even become a trading partner. 

Poolman and Rathbone for Marino sounds fair 

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Pittsburgh has 4.75 million in cap space; they may be able to provide a bit of that for us.

In other words, it doesn't have to be a cap-for-cap trade with them. 

8 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Pittsburgh has 4.75 million in cap space; they may be able to provide a bit of that for us.

In other words, it doesn't have to be a cap-for-cap trade with them. 

Zucker is on LTIR but has a 5.5M cap hit.  Is his injury season ending?

Friedman doesn't think there's a deal to be made - Marino is a target for Vancouver but he doesn't think they can pull off the trade.  

Wouldn't surprise me if Pittsburgh is only interested in Miller from the Canucks.  Garland hasn't made much of an impact of the scoresheet and neither has Boeser - not exactly the pieces a contender in win-now mode would necessarily want to add.  Miller on the other hand could make a real impact with the way he is playing.

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Friedman doesn't think there's a deal to be made - Marino is a target for Vancouver but he doesn't think they can pull off the trade.  

Wouldn't surprise me if Pittsburgh is only interested in Miller from the Canucks.  Garland hasn't made much of an impact of the scoresheet and neither has Boeser - not exactly the pieces a contender in win-now mode would necessarily want to add.  Miller on the other hand could make a real impact with the way he is playing.

Zucker should return sometime relatively soon after the trade deadline.

Zucker (lower body) participated in Monday's morning skate, per Dave Molinari of DKPittsburghSports.com.

Zucker skated Monday for the first time since being placed on long-term injured reserve Jan. 24. The 30-year-old has averaged 15:33 of ice time -- 1:50 during the power play -- and registered 13 points over 31 games this season. He appears to still be on track for an early-to-mid March return.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Zucker should return sometime relatively soon after the trade deadline.

Zucker (lower body) participated in Monday's morning skate, per Dave Molinari of DKPittsburghSports.com.

Zucker skated Monday for the first time since being placed on long-term injured reserve Jan. 24. The 30-year-old has averaged 15:33 of ice time -- 1:50 during the power play -- and registered 13 points over 31 games this season. He appears to still be on track for an early-to-mid March return.

So they can't really do anything this TDL unless it's a cap-in / cap-out type trade.  The extra cap space they currently have will all go towards activating him off LTIR.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

who would be available on Pitts that would even interest the Canucks for Miller? 

38 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

who would be available on Pitts that would even interest the Canucks for Miller? 

It's Vancouver that is pursuing a deal with Pittsburgh - they have Marino as a target.  Friedman doesn't think there's a deal to be made - Pittsburgh considers Marino a very good player.

I am speculating that the only player that would make them consider parting with Marino is Miller, so it's hard to see how a deal would work out for both teams.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Last game I watched before benching he was getting reps on the 2nd line

He’s averaging 15:56 minutes per game this season. There are 4 D ahead of him in TOI, 5 if you include the rookie Pierre-Oliver Joseph who’s been trusted more in his first 4 games on average in terms of TOI. 

Pettersson has 3 more years at 4.025M. 

They probably try to move him before Marino I reckon. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog

9 hours ago, mll said:

It's Vancouver that is pursuing a deal with Pittsburgh - they have Marino as a target.  Friedman doesn't think there's a deal to be made - Pittsburgh considers Marino a very good player.

I am speculating that the only player that would make them consider parting with Marino is Miller, so it's hard to see how a deal would work out for both teams.

Pit is the team calling on our guys.  They feel close to the Cup and will go all in while they have Sid and Gino.  

I'm not too sure we want the Mariano guy.  He's not the best skater and plays small and soft.  And provides no offence.  

Have to be something like Dickinson and Poolman for Mariano and picks.

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He’s averaging 15:56 minutes per game this season. There are 4 D ahead of him in TOI, 5 if you include the rookie Pierre-Oliver Joseph who’s been trusted more in his first 4 games on average in terms of TOI. 

Pettersson has 3 more years at 4.025M. 

They probably try to move him before Marino I reckon. 

For sure. They have Letang due for a new contract after this year, Dumoulin after next, to me it seems they’ve been rotating in a few players on D to see where they fit on depth chart going forward especially as Letang will be 37 next season. 
I’d imagine Joseph will be a big part of their future and after this season will really start to play an even more prominent role in shaping that group.