The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

I don't know. Canucks D can be a tire fire in their own zone. Demko bailed them out more than the average amount imho.

According to analytics he was exactly average.  He gave up 3 goals.  He should have given up 2.97 goals.  That is average.  Yes, he bailed out the D occasionally, but that's what an average goalie does occasionally.  Don't confuse average with Halak who is the worst goalie in the league right now.  Halak does not equal average goaltending.

Edited by Rindiculous
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I don't know. Canucks D can be a tire fire in their own zone. Demko bailed them out more than the average amount imho.

I want to see more of the team helping out Demko rest of the way because he more than earned it. Plus it's about that time of season where your #1 goalie needs rest, or easy games at least occasionally, to stay fresh.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

I'm glad he at least acknowledged Bo...nicely done.

1/2 captains got it tonight ;) haha. It was well done by JT.

Awesome to see both Bo & Miller step up w/ 3 points in Petey's absence. When your down a star your 2 other big guns step up to fill the void when its needed, that's huge. Especially at this time in the season.

Great win. So glad that stupid losing streak is done. And Quinn finally beats Jack too!

• Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Good to win. I am still worried this is a bit of a mirage of sorts. We have seen them not start out great to come back and play hard in a season to fall short of making the playoffs. Sometimes I feel like they trick us. Sorry if so am

negative. I think I just hated the Benning era so much that I have a hard time with it. The schedule has been easy so it’s hard to get a sense of what this team is. The schedule gets so much more difficult after the deadline. All they can do is win.

6FE40853-02E1-48FE-B716-37D872EAE6CB.jpeg

• Haha 2