The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday March 17 Detroit Red Wings (24-29-7) @ Vancouver Canucks (30-24-7) Rogers Arena 7:00 PDST SNP TV 650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Full slate of games today; we want:

FLA over VGK

SJS over LAK

BUF over EDM

PHI over NSH

MTL over DAL 

And yes, on St Patty's Day,

We can,  HAVE  IT  ALL !!

And this scenario puts Vancouver into a playoff spot!

• Cheers 2

I'm pretty sure Petey of all guys would be doing everything in his power to not only rehab but protect himself against further injury. He's just dedicated that way. 

I'm not sure anything in the gym can really prevent injury due to being slashed. Perhaps different gloves, but this is more unfortunate than anything he can be blamed for. He's targeted and that takes a toll.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, IBatch said:

If his wrist is that bad then maybe he's the guy the team should be trading. 

It does need to be contemplated.

When healthy and not slumping he is a damn fine hockey player.

But he has missed a lot of games over his career with the Canucks.

NHL Totals   224 83 112 195 44   17 7 1
2018-19 Vancouver Canucks NHL 71 28 38 66 12 3 -- -- -- -- --
2019-20 Vancouver Canucks NHL 68 27 39 66 18 16 17 7 11 18 2
2020-21 Vancouver Canucks NHL 26 10 11 21 6 0 -- -- -- -- --
2021-22 Vancouver Canucks NHL 59 18 24 42 8 1          

season length

18-19 was 82 games

19-20         69

20-21         69

21-22         61 games so far

57  games lost to injury over less than 4 seasons.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

It does need to be contemplated.

When healthy and not slumping he is a damn fine hockey player.

But he has missed a lot of games over his career with the Canucks.

NHL Totals   224 83 112 195 44   17 7 1
2018-19 Vancouver Canucks NHL 71 28 38 66 12 3 -- -- -- -- --
2019-20 Vancouver Canucks NHL 68 27 39 66 18 16 17 7 11 18 2
2020-21 Vancouver Canucks NHL 26 10 11 21 6 0 -- -- -- -- --
2021-22 Vancouver Canucks NHL 59 18 24 42 8 1          

season length

18-19 was 82 games

19-20         69

20-21         69

21-22         61 games so far

57  games lost to injury over less than 4 seasons.

I would say his games lost was average if you omit last season where 43 of the 57 were lost.

• Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

10 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

"Superstar" JT is a tier above everyone else.

I'm hearing it could be $9 x 8 years.

Yikes, he's going to be a pretty old and slow $9 player one day.  I'd say he has 3-4 years of being a "superstar", and then he's headed into LE territory.

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yikes, he's going to be a pretty old and slow $9 player one day.  I'd say he has 3-4 years of being a "superstar", and then he's headed into LE territory.

That's pure speculation and projection.

Mid 30's ain't like it used to be. These guys take care of themselves a whole lot better than in the past. He's not a single guy, out there whooping it up every night...I have confidence that he'll remain relevant. He's too competitive to fade out and that's a big difference maker. Some guys are "satisfied" with collecting a paycheque later on in their careers. JT doesn't strike me as one a guy who would be. 

Some just have that ultra competitive edge to them and it's part of their make up. That doesn't just go away.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

I would say his games lost was average if you omit last season where 43 of the 57 were lost.

And I'm 7 feet tall, if I stand on a 13 inch box.   :)

I'm also left wondering if part of the new management's mandate is to review the medical and training staff.

Over the years it seems that something isn't quite right with the medical dept. in particular.

It could just be bias, in that I don't follow other teams and goings on, like I do the Canucks, yet over the years I've started to wonder.

2 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

Petey needs to start wearing special wrist guards similar to those shot-blocker shin pads that D-men wear. 

Don’t those hinder shooting ability?

8 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I knew it felt happier here today.

He should ride his bike to the game....just like old times.  Probably get his teammates to join him.

Strange- I miss this guy more than the folks that went to the Flames, even though they were  better players.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

That's pure speculation and projection.

Mid 30's ain't like it used to be. These guys take care of themselves a whole lot better than in the past. He's not a single guy, out there whooping it up every night...I have confidence that he'll remain relevant. He's too competitive to fade out and that's a big difference maker. Some guys are "satisfied" with collecting a paycheque later on in their careers. JT doesn't strike me as one a guy who would be. 

Some just have that ultra competitive edge to them and it's part of their make up. That doesn't just go away.

Shell shocked from LE contract, so it's probably just a knee jerk reaction on my part to assume JT will follow the same path. Kind of like how some here got nervous with the idea of trading Jake a while back - oh no! it'll be like Cam Neely all over again!   Maybe JT can keep this up?  I don't know, I just hope they can afford to pay Petey, Hughes, Demko, Podz, etc. when the time comes. 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

3-4 years lines up with Demko's current bargain contract. Perhaps this is our window anyway.

• Like 2