The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday March 17 Detroit Red Wings (24-29-7) @ Vancouver Canucks (30-24-7) Rogers Arena 7:00 PDST SNP TV 650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

They need to keep on winning PERIOD. to keep their slim chances alive....and the Red Wings are still no easy beats ....look at the way they came back against the Oilers...The Nucks better not take them lightly....or have another slow start and hang their goalie out to dry....JUST WIN!

Nancy Pelosi Democrats GIF by GIPHY News

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

You would kinda think if you had a serious wrist injury you would wear  extra protection but maybe not.As the trade deadline approaches  I  really wonder what all the trade JT people see as the centers leading us without him. How many years did we hear you need a big strong player down the middle,we happen to have 2 of them  and also a flashy extremely talented  slight center but I really dought he will beef up enough to handle the wear and tear of a first line center. My opinion  we need more players with the competive attitude and drive ,desire JT brings , Quinn Hughes said JT is the most competive player he has ever played with.I just don't  get that vibe watching Brock play or talk even he said JT talks a lot and that he has been talking more this year and trying to work harder in practice as well, for 6 million dollars you think he be working his ass offevery game and practice to even get better.The opposing teams defenceman or forwards have absolutely no fear of being hit by him . So trade Brock and talk to JT and Bo let them know they are the type of players we want to drive our team and really monitor EP next year and if he doesn't  get much stronger and learn from these 2 leaders  look to move him out.  

• Vintage 1

I will point out that the cap is going to start going up again, what is 9m today will probably not look so bad in 5 years once his play starts to decline.  By the same token, OEL's contract will not look so bad and Hughes and Demko will seem like steals.

I mean if a 29 yr old Hertl is worth 8x8.125 then Miller is probably worth 8x9m.  If we're going to keep him we will have to pay him.

4 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I'm pretty sure Petey of all guys would be doing everything in his power to not only rehab but protect himself against further injury. He's just dedicated that way. 

I'm not sure anything in the gym can really prevent injury due to being slashed. Perhaps different gloves, but this is more unfortunate than anything he can be blamed for. He's targeted and that takes a toll.

Every star gets the same treatment.  Actually i'd say it's toned down by a fair margin since Crosby entered the league. I don't like slashes to the wrist, it used to be a code violation.   It was so bad 7-8 years ago the league has to step up their enforcement.   Guys that's also had their own injuries where taking it out on each other (wasn't it Crosby on Methot?!)... Thing about the gym, it makes you stronger.   And more dangerous.    And more capable of taking care of yourself out there.    Don't mean any disrespect to EP, or any other NHL athlete,  yes padding there won't help much.   Guys would be less likely to go there in the first place if they knew they'd have to face the music though.    What Crosby had to deal with was something else.  Same with the Sedins.   EPs going to have to as well.    The gym reference is mostly so he can give back what he's taking.    Or at least use his stick more.   How many slashing penalties did the Sedins used to take?  They figured it out, and have high hopes EP will too. 

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Islandclarky said:

You would kinda think if you had a serious wrist injury you would wear  extra protection but maybe not.As the trade deadline approaches  I  really wonder what all the trade JT people see as the centers leading us without him. How many years did we hear you need a big strong player down the middle,we happen to have 2 of them  and also a flashy extremely talented  slight center but I really dought he will beef up enough to handle the wear and tear of a first line center. My opinion  we need more players with the competive attitude and drive ,desire JT brings , Quinn Hughes said JT is the most competive player he has ever played with.I just don't  get that vibe watching Brock play or talk even he said JT talks a lot and that he has been talking more this year and trying to work harder in practice as well, for 6 million dollars you think he be working his ass offevery game and practice to even get better.The opposing teams defenceman or forwards have absolutely no fear of being hit by him . So trade Brock and talk to JT and Bo let them know they are the type of players we want to drive our team and really monitor EP next year and if he doesn't  get much stronger and learn from these 2 leaders  look to move him out.  

Bo

Petey

Lammy

Trade return/solid ufa 3c specializing in pk

The record-list must start with Gretzky(likely 50+ games, from beginning of seasons, back in the mid-80's), but I wonder what is the record for consecutive games streak, with an avg of 2(minimum) pts per game?

Again, at least a pt in each game(so consecutive pt streak), but averaging at least 2 pts over the stretch of games.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad