The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Flames @ Canucks l Saturday, March 19/22 l 7:00 pm PT - GO CANUCKS

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I wonder what the mindset of the managers will be if they lose tonight.

Does Demko start again tomorrow or do they put Halak in the last game before the TDL?

Demko is going to be burnt out.  Playoffs?

They’ve made it pretty clear they don’t want to play Demko back to back.

Bruce also said he plans on Halak playing soon.

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That tip by petey tho... should try him there on the pp. Might actually get a shot on goal instead of the fake and then pass. I miss the days when we had a player who could tip in those point shots on the pp.

Wouldn't want petey there permanently though. When he does shoot he's too good not to be the shooter. But as a little shake up... might be worth a look for a shift.

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Should have Podz on Millers wing with Pearson

Don't think it's going to matter where and with who guys play with.  Bad vibes for a while now about our club.  Demko might get rest tonight, because he gets the mercy hook after one period.  Really bad vibes.

YARN | This is bad, man. I got bad vibes here. | Platoon (1986) | Video gifs  by quotes | 391d189c | 紗

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Darius said:

This is the team I hate the most.  Their fans are insufferable and the smugness of their national broadcast cheerleaders- The likes of Hrudey and Cassie- make them even more intolerable. 

Also they kicked the puck in Game 7 in ‘ 89 vs a real lunch bucket Canuck crew.. should have never counted… I’ll never forget! 

Please win this one. 

Me too.   And that's why.   89 Flames didn't have it nearly as tough once they cheated and Otto kicked it in on their way to their only cup.   Vernon ... lol well Markstrom is twice the size in net but Vernon was twice as acrobatic.   Huge saves on Linden, Tanti and others in game 7...To me the best rivalry we ever had was against CAL...someone had to step up once EDM was almost done at that was us.    Can respect those teams at least now but i still don't like them.    The original slaying of the dragon happened in 1994.   Can't count how many fights those teams had in the early 90's.   Was often.   CHI meh yes it was probably a little better then the WCE era COL one ... and happy we had that too.   But the first real rivalry, and still the biggest for me anyways, started in 89 and carried on until 94.    CAL canucks of recent just makes it come back a little.  Hope we make the playoffs and kick their assess. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Me too.   And that's why.   89 Flames didn't have it nearly as tough once they cheated and Otto kicked it in on their way to their only cup.   Vernon ... lol well Markstrom is twice the size in net but Vernon was twice as acrobatic.   Huge saves on Linden, Tanti and others in game 7...To me the best rivalry we ever had was against CAL...someone had to step up once EDM was almost done at that was us.    Can respect those teams at least now but i still don't like them.    The original slaying of the dragon happened in 1994.   Can't count how many fights those teams had in the early 90's.   Was often.   Many games two or three.   CHI meh yes it was probably a little better then the WCE era COL one ... and happy we had that too.   But the first real rivalry, and still the biggest for me anyways, started in 89 and carried on until 94.    CAL canucks of recent just makes it come back a little.  Hope we make the playoffs and kick their assess. 

you got a great memory Batch…

Yup Canucks could have won it multiple times in OT, in the end the cheaters kicked it in.. that series rookie Linden really stepped up along with two ex Flames Bozek and Reinhart.  Reinhart was amazing - think Quinn Hughes, slightly taller and much heavier.. 

Here is the game… the OT is one of the best in team history as far as excitement goes.

• Like 1