The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Flames @ Canucks l Saturday, March 19/22 l 7:00 pm PT - GO CANUCKS

Rate this topic

-DLC-

7 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Let's consider that since their Stanley cup run in 2011. 10 years: ONE time have they gone beyond the first round, 3 times they made the first round but won zero games, and 6 of 10 years they didn't even make the playoffs.

JT Miller is their best player by far. Who is going to lead the team next year without Miller? We have no one - Boeser? Horvat? Petterson? Boeser is more likely to get traded on Monday for lack of production or future. Horvat is okay but not in the same quality or leadership as Miller.

I don't think people realize what a team killer it will be to fans and players to lose their best player. The team will be lost and much worse. ZERO chance they make the playoffs next year without Miller.

What good does extending a long-ass contract for Miller do? The team also has to deal with the salary cap. Cheap young players are the way to build a team, and you only can do that when you draft.

• Cheers 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Agreed.  Oh wait, you said Press conferences... I thought you said on the ice.

I like him, I like how he comes across. I don't really pay attention to how players are on the ice unless they make a totally awesome goal.  Then I pay attention. 

5 minutes ago, brilac said:

You know, I really want to see those dog races again! 

I think CDC will post it. Stay tuned. Clearly, dog racing was one of the  positive things that has happened in the building tonight. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

What good does extending a long-ass contract for Miller do? The team also has to deal with the salary cap. Cheap young players are the way to build a team, and you only can do that when you draft.

We don't know what the contract might be. He's massively underpaid right now. We have other players we should be trading before him. IF get go to cheap young players again we might as well say goodbye to making the playoffs for another 5 years.