The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Travis Hamonic to Senators for 2022 3rd-round pick

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Who the heck is this Wiley Canuck buffoon?  That's not what Seravalli said.  Just trying to stir up some hate. I'm sure Hamonic wasn't popular with team mates and there were differences, but c'mon man. The big story here is VAN fleecing OTT

Exactly!  We dumperood an Antivaxxer idiot onto the Sens.  We win that one!  And the room is better for it.  That's a double win.  

28 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

ofc all of it is just rumours but it sounds rather toxic doesn't it? I guess Vancouver culture seeped into the locker room.

its really a far cry from when the sedins were leading the team back in the day.

what does that mean? 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JM_ said:

based on what? I've lived here for over 20 years, love the place. 

uh, good for you? that's your own opinion.

What I'm saying is my own subjective opinion.

I've lived in a lot of other cities in North America and just find this place to have a small town mindset. People stick to their own and don't really branch out. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wasn't a story started from our media though.  It was Frank Serevelli when he was a guest on 650.  

Just look at the history of this:

Lots of Canucks get very ill from Covid last year before vaccines are available.

(Sutter is still trying to recover.)

Hamonic refuses to get vaccinated.  (He's an antivaxxer)

I can definitely believe some of the guys in that room aren't upset Hamonic is gone.  

thats true, however i still do believe the vancouver media is filled with a bunch of drama queens.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

uh, good for you? that's your own opinion.

What I'm saying is my own subjective opinion.

I've lived in a lot of other cities in North America and just find this place to have a small town mindset. People stick to their own and don't really branch out. 

so have I. Vancouver is great, one of the most multicultural cities on the planet. 

I've never had that experience, maybe its you? People I've met are into all kinds of things, its quite easy to find a group activity, e.g. 

• Cheers 2

Hamonic never really established himself as part of the team...he was MIA and we didn't really ever hear from him much. Whatever his issues were, it seems it prevented him from gelling with the team if the reports we hear are true. I liked him at first but the past couple games I've noticed him in a bad way. Fly by's and not looking too engaged. 

Wish him well, but am glad to move on from him.

"

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JM_ said:

so have I. Vancouver is great, one of the most multicultural cities on the planet. 

I've never had that experience, maybe its you? People I've met are into all kinds of things, its quite easy to find a group activity, e.g. 

So just because you personally have never had that experience its just me? 

You have your own experiences and point of view. Same with other people. That doesn't make it a fact.

I've met a ton of other Canadians from different cities that felt the same way about Vancouver. I've been told it's cliquey, dreary and boring. I've also met people that absolutely love it like you do. Doesn't make it a fact. It's simply their opinion. 

If you think Vancouver is just amazing and great then good for you. Feel free to think that way, I don't care. lol.

8 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

You have your own experiences and point of view. Same with other people. That doesn't make it a fact.

I've met a ton of other Canadians from different cities that felt the same way about Vancouver. I've been told it's cliquey, dreary and boring. I've also met people that absolutely love it like you do. Doesn't make it a fact. It's simply their opinion. 

If you think Vancouver is just amazing and great then good for you. Feel free to think that way, I don't care. lol.

you're the one making the big "toxic" label, not me.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

so all the guys traded around the league are playing already with their new teams except Hamonic.  Go figure.  

That guy is just odd. He’s an odd duck. I wonder what kind of rituals he has around the rink… 

At this point, I have the same happy feeling as when the Canucks finally got rid of Booth.

Just simply odd ducks who attract the wrong attention instead of focusing on the team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Wasn't a story started from our media though.  It was Frank Serevelli when he was a guest on 650.  

Just look at the history of this:

Lots of Canucks get very ill from Covid last year before vaccines are available.

(Sutter is still trying to recover.)

Hamonic refuses to get vaccinated.  (He's an antivaxxer)

I can definitely believe some of the guys in that room aren't upset Hamonic is gone.  

That's what I think.

I don't want to judge him for not getting the jab but don't sign in Canada if that's the case.

Especially after last year the boys are kind of depending on getting the jab. He let his teammates down I think.

I have zero proof.

47 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Hamonic, is that you? Shouldn't you be in Ottawa?

• Haha 2

On 3/21/2022 at 10:27 AM, Me_ said:

I bet Hamonic doesn’t report because of some reason from another reason.

Hamonic flies out to Ottawa

looks for Trucker convoy

forgets to visit the hockey rink

walks back to Manitoba

• Haha 4