The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Tyler Motte to Rangers for 2023 4th-round pick

1 minute ago, Moe Knows said:

Not that it matters but once again we put in the trade deadline loser column by the talking heads. Things don't change do they (can't say they're wrong)

Did they? I heard them say the Hamonic trade was the worst, meaning OTT

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Holy Frik, this fan base. Keep a guy and lose him to UFA and it goes nuts. Trade a pending UFA for a decent pick and it goes nuts. It's schizophrenic. If Motte is the only thing keeping this team from making, not making the playoffs, we have bigger issues. I'm happy with the pick, don't over complicate it.

Motte is better than Brock Boeser at least he does stuff. Brock needed to go. Take a 4th I don't care just don't sign him to anything north of 5m

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Anywhere near an A is being way too generous, this deadline didn’t really move the needle all that much in either direction c - c+ at best really. 

ture, they still can make moves at draft day or in summer, there are gonna be 32 teams open to talk, more likely get a fair price than trade deadline

Edited by sxqhfeh
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Or it could be part of a trade this summer or next season. It's still an asset.

Sure it could be valuable if used right.

If it ends up being a piece where say we pair it with our other fourth for a third and we get a good prospect that could end up a good return. That’s a big IF at this point though.

Id still rather prospects that we can start developing now though that have a chance of competing with this current core.

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Motte is better than Brock Boeser at least he does stuff. Brock needed to go. Take a 4th I don't care just don't sign him to anything north of 5m

My bet is Brock gets traded for a top-4 RHD like Marino in the summer

They will have more buyers for Brock in the offseason when teams shed some expiring contracts, smart to do business then, when the forward market turned out to be pretty saturated at the deadline. 

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Hopefully we circle back with Motte in the summer

How? Considering we couldn’t sign him now. What makes you think we will sign him in the off-season?

Edited by J-23

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You think we’re gonna be ready to contend next season?

That’s the only way we can use that fourth for something like that.

Otherwise that pick is about 7-8 years from panning out.

To he honest when is this team's window? I think 2 or 3 years at this rate is an ambitious goal. If anything if the window starts after that, the 7 year window would be perfect timing by then 

This is an utter failure by management.

We are back to loving our players so much that we want to re-sign them for longer term. Motte for a fourth illustrates how mediocre the market is, even with an established player like him. 

But the reality is that the Canucks stayed Pat because they were not bold enough to make a push push, not were they fully committed to retooling with picks.

Just an awful trade deadline. Trading Miller would've helped the team move forward. Instead, we risk lowering his value due to injury, or poor performance.

The Canucks just cannot maximize its leverage. Anyone who rated this deadline as an A are smoking hashish.

• Upvote 1

Just now, iinatcc said:

To he honest when is this team's window? I think 2 or 3 years at this rate is an ambitious goal. If anything if the window starts after that, the 7 year window would be perfect timing by then 

2-3 years seems pretty optimistic? Window for what? Playoffs? Contenders? 

3 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

ture, they still can make moves at draft day or in summer, there are gonna be 32 teams open to talk, most likely get a fair price than trade deadline

Trade deadline is when you can maximize the price. Miller should've fielded tons of offers, but the Canucks do a half-hearted deadline.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

7 to 8 years??  Demko would be 33 to 34 years old by then .... :sadno:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2