The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Up - Boeser -- Re-Sign or Trade

Rate this topic

HKSR

How Much Will Boeser Get?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

One more year. 

That changes things a bit, still think it's time to start play hardball with these guys, we can't win a Cup paying players more then they are worth all the time. We have 3 value contract atm in Demko, Hughes and JT the rest are either neutral or negative value, most being negative IMO. 

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

One more year. 

2 more years.

UFA is earliest between age 27 and 7 pro-seasons.  A pro-season is minimum 40 games - so that 1st partial year doesn't count as a pro-year towards UFA status and this is his 5th pro-season - so 2 more to go.  He turns 27 in 2 more seasons.  

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

He is also expensive and has further downside.

He also doesn't have much chance of getting what his QO is via an arbitrator.  And if he really wants to stay on the team needs to suck it up.   People are freaking out over the QO for no reason.   He hasn't earned it.  He knows that as does his agent.    If they won't budge then simple arbitration.   Brock is risking a lot if he plays like he did this year next year.   At this point he's earned a deal around 25.  6.25 x 4 or 5 x 5 and that's it.   

17 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Is that for a good skating, somewhat physical 20/50 player or a poor skating, non-hitting player?

Well RNH signed a $5.15 x 8yr full NMC with EDM and Reinheirt signed a $6.5M x 3yr deal with FLA.

So the ballpark is between these numbers.  RNH cap hit is on the low side cuz he wants to stay there and a full NMC for the entire contract.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

2 more years.

UFA is earliest between age 27 and 7 pro-seasons.  A pro-season is minimum 40 games - so that 1st partial year doesn't count as a pro-year towards UFA status and this is his 5th pro-season - so 2 more to go.  He turns 27 in 2 more seasons.  

That's what I thought, either way we can't afford to overpay him based on potential as he has shown no signs of improvement.

• Upvote 1

Brock's current cap hit is 5.875M.

He has said he want to stay here.  I expect based on those comments and the fact that he is not a "Tkachuk", he will agree to a contract under his QO. 

Would expect 6.25M for 5 or 6 yrs. That is less than a 400k raise - does not hurt our cap situation.

Next year Nux could add 1 or two of Klimo, Karlsson, Lockwood, McDonough, Rathbone, Martin.  These guys will be good young players on cheap deals.  We have just saved Hamonic and Motte money. Cap will not be a problem next year especially if we offload Dickinson and/or Poolman.

So I don't see the urgency to deal Boeser if he is willing to sign for the above.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I am getting a little fogged up about the QO process; please help.

If we take him to arbitration, we are stuck with the decision.

If Brock takes us to arbitration, we have the option to let him go straight to UFA.

Is that right?  If so, shouldn't we avoid taking Brock to arbitration?

I am also lowering my offer; this discussion has led me to believe they will not accept a reasonable, but low offer.

Then we can see what the arbitrators think of Brock, and decide from there.

$4.5-5.0 for 4 years, take it or see you in 'court'.

11 minutes ago, mll said:

2 more years.

do you know, in arbitration can Brock select a two year deal? 

3 minutes ago, mll said:

2 more years.

Well i've had this debate with my brother a couple times and thought the same thing.    Then I relented because he's much smarter then me.   So thank mll nice to be right and wrong at the same time.    What happens if we don't qualify Brock?  He becomes a UFA as well correct?  Why i think he's going to sign a reasonable deal or be taken to arbitration.    The team still has power over him and he's got a lot to lose as far as guaranteed money goes.    It's a decent enough system except when teams give out third contract money to guys who don't earn it on their second deals.  Turns out "Uncle Jim" did just fine...,

Just now, JM_ said:

do you know, in arbitration can Brock select a two year deal? 

The party taken to arbitration can elect either 1 year or 2 years (but can't cover UFA years).  As Boeser is 2 years to UFA he gets to choose either 1 year or 2 year in a team elected arbitration.  

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

Sorry, I still don't understand the situation here.

From what I searched from google:

"If a team does not send a qualifying offer to their RFA they become an unrestricted free agent (UFA) on July 1. "

That means the Canucks either offer him 7.5M, or let him walk as UFA.

So how would Boeser take a lowball contract discussed in this thread, if he could explore more as a UFA?

9 minutes ago, mll said:

The party taken to arbitration can elect either 1 year or 2 years (but can't cover UFA years).  As Boeser is 2 years to UFA he gets to choose either 1 year or 2 year in a team elected arbitration.  

I wonder how likely a two year option would be? have you ever heard of a player doing that? 

2 minutes ago, The King of Kings said:

Sorry, I still don't understand the situation here.

From what I searched from google:

"If a team does not send a qualifying offer to their RFA they become an unrestricted free agent (UFA) on July 1. "

That means the Canucks either offer him 7.5M, or let him walk as UFA.

So how would Boeser take a lowball contract discussed in this thread, if he could explore more as a UFA?

The QO is there as a means to retain Boeser rights.  Boeser doesn’t have to accept it if he and the team are discussing a long term contract.

If Canucks do not offer the QO, then JR is stupid and should be fired.