The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Mar. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, mll said:

Friedman says that Arizona's preference is to keep Crouse.  They've been asking the moon for Chychrun so would guess it's the same for Crouse.

I thought EF also saiid everyone was on the trading block? 

Just now, mll said:

Friedman says that Arizona's preference is to keep Crouse.  They've been asking the moon for Chychrun so would guess it's the same for Crouse.

For sure we would love Crouse, but the cost of aquisition would be way too high.  We will see Myers moved out for cap space and Galand traded for a replacement.

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

If we went with @JM_'s idea of picking up Nick Paul via UFA, then we could move Garland and Miller out for futures and maybe a RHD, then acquire Crouse from Arizona.

Crouse-Petey-Hoglander

Podkolzin-Bo-Boeser

Pearson-Paul-3W

Highmore-Lamikko-Lockwood

I'd probably want to move Lockwood up to the 3rd line and put a bigger body on the 4th but thats starting to look better, but I want to keep Miller and I'd rather move Hoglander.

Crouse-Petey-Boeser

Podz-Bo-Miller

Pearson-Paul-Lockwood

Highmore-Juho-(big body)

Every line in this configuration is hard to push around.

14 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I thought EF also saiid everyone was on the trading block? 

Crouse initially was with quite a few teams interested but Friedman then said their preference is to keep him.  Don't think his name was on any of the trade boards this TDL.  He's RFA this summer so they'll probably have to make a decision on whether to extend him or trade him.

1 minute ago, mll said:

Crouse initially was with quite a few teams interested but Friedman then said their preference is to keep him.  Don't think his name was on any of the trade boards this TDL.  He's RFA this summer so they'll probably have to make a decision on whether to extend him or trade him.

I can't imagine he wants to stay there. 

9 minutes ago, mll said:

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I can't imagine he wants to stay there. 

I remember  there were articles about the price set for Crouse at a roster player + 1st round pick. 

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I remember  there were articles about the price set for Crouse at a roster player + 1st round pick. 

hmm... well I guess if we can move Garland ahead of time for a first as you suggest, then try for him? timing may not pan out this draft. 

It would be a nice player swap tho. 

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

hmm... well I guess if we can move Garland ahead of time for a first as you suggest, then try for him? timing may not pan out this draft. 

It would be a nice player swap tho. 

Yeah, that's why I figured Hogs + 1st would be a realistic starting point.

• Cheers 1

I love Miller, but...he should get off the ice if he's too tired to backcheck 3 on 3; that's not the first time, and I doubt it will be the last.

Also, he is not fast now, and is unlikely to maintain even that pace more than a couple more years.

I hate to say it, but if he wants a big, long contract, we might have to say goodbye.

A bit like Brock, slow skater, unlikely to speed up, and up for big, long contract, unless he caves.

Even then, he becomes even more tradeable and we might be saying goodbye to Brock too.

I'll leave it to you to see what you think we should receive if we let the following go in trades:

Miller, Boeser, Garland.

I do not want to give up any 1sts, not keen on 2nds either.

And no UFAs, except possibly some bangers e.g. Reeves.

• Vintage 1

Player Name Ek was long gone. Miller wasn’t going to catch him. Pretty standard if you watch OT from other teams too. Every one is always crying about overtime but it’s a lot of skating and if you don’t take a chance you just end up going to a shootout which is extremely boring. I would love some more points from OT but it’s a crap shoot.

Look at last game OT is was all Horvats fault. These plays are exactly what overtime 3 on 3 was designed for. Not to continually cycle back for puck possession. Again boring 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Player Name Ek was long gone. Miller wasn’t going to catch him. Pretty standard if you watch OT from other teams too. Every one is always crying about overtime but it’s a lot of skating and if you don’t take a chance you just end up going to a shootout which is extremely boring. I would love some more points from OT but it’s a crap shoot.

Look at last game OT is was all Horvats fault. These plays are exactly what overtime 3 on 3 was designed for. Not to continually cycle back for puck possession. Again boring 

Their goalie makes Miller miss (post) and our goalie doesn't make the save.  Demko stops Ek and we would have very likely had a good chance the other way.  It's how the OT goes.  It's pretty much up to the goalies to battle it out.