The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Mar. 26, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

I agree but you can still go to practice and just work on drills that don't impact cardio. Shooting drills, passing drills, etc. 

I hurt my knee in January, rest is good for ligaments. I noticed edge work requires a sound knee. I went all out on my knee in a workout and it's reminding me it's not fully 100% healed hence ibuprofen and tramadol today. 

Rest, massage, heat packs work for me. 

5 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

the fallout from letting motte walk and getting nothing in return would have been awful

and our cupboards are so empty, they cant afford to do that imo

Imagine missing the playoffs by 2 points because you wanted a 4th round pick instead?  The fallout from that will be much bigger I think.  We all know Motte would be helping this team alot more right now that geriatric Richardson...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Imagine missing the playoffs by 2 points because you wanted a 4th round pick instead?  The fallout from that will be much bigger I think.  We all know Motte would be helping this team alot more right now that geriatric Richardson...

imagine winning by 2 points because Richardson wins a key face-off 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So by your reasoning, if Canucks make the playoffs it’s because they got Dermott and Richardson?

Or maybe it was really Hamonic and Motte holding back the team?

13 minutes ago, BPA said:

So by your reasoning, if Canucks make the playoffs it’s because they got Dermott and Richardson?

Or maybe it was really Hamonic and Motte holding back the team?

Only a blind person who cannot watch the games would think that Richardson is an upgrade over Motte...

38 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You don't miss the Playoffs because of 4th liners lol.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Agree, but still not sure why we couldn't have kept Motter-Motor and picked up Richie-Rich, a strong RHD who knows the game, the coach, and has played for the team before.

Blah, blah 4th pick 2 years out.  Whoop-dee-Dee-do.

How good would Tyler Motte look right now with Richardson taking right hand draws, Lammer up, and Highmore out?

I still think they got lost in their 5D chess, and missed the fact that we needed, and need, All Hands On Deck.

31 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Agree, but still not sure why we couldn't have kept Motter-Motor and picked up Richie-Rich, a strong RHD who knows the game, the coach, and has played for the team before.

Blah, blah 4th pick 2 years out.  Whoop-dee-Dee-do.

How good would Tyler Motte look right now with Richardson taking right hand draws, Lammer up, and Highmore out?

I still think they got lost in their 5D chess, and missed the fact that we needed, and need, All Hands On Deck.

Well, would you have been okay with letting Motte walk during FA?

They tried to strike a deal with Motter till' the very end, couldn't come up with anything so they moved him. Other players in Motte's tier were also moved for 4th round picks. Motte was an effective 4th liner who was fast and could kill penalties. Easily replaceable? No. However, he was not a game changer like some fans are making it seem. Classic CDC overreaction. Love Motter but at the end of the day this is a business. BB has done a good job building bottom 6 players. Lammiko was getting scratched under Green. Now he looks like a reliable and effective bottom 6 guy who can produce every now and then. Look at Highmore. Hopefully, we can build Lockwood into something, he is fast and not afraid to throw a hit. Losing Motte just opens up doors for guys like Lockwood. Richardson is just here to finish off the season, nothing more. Likely means that Dickinson is done for the season. 

The real judgment of management will be determined based on how they deal with our top guys. Sign or trade Miller. Sign or trade Boeser. What are we doing with Garland, all these rumours going into the deadline? How can we rebuild our defence. And so on..

• Vintage 1

The TDL moves could potentially influence either way. There's no alternate universe for comparisons, so let's not get tooo wound up about perimeter moves.

What's not really debatable, is we do have to make moves to accommodate next yr's ceiling. Either 1 or 2 'big' moves, or several smaller ones, like Ham/Dermott.

I'm rather glad they at least got that started. Now the roster guys remaining, simply have to give their all.

22 hours ago, viking mama said:

Bieksa doing his former team a solid on HNIC, where as the rest of the panel virtually ignores the compete-level & the heart of one of the hottest-trending teams in the NHL.

If the ‘Nucks get in - at least Kev will have their backs. Glad you’re there KB3! 

Juice just rocks!!! Great guy!! We could really use a d man like that now... 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Well, would you have been okay with letting Motte walk during FA?  yes

They tried to strike a deal with Motter till' the very end, couldn't come up with anything so they moved him. Other players in Motte's tier were also moved for 4th round picks. Motte was an effective 4th liner who was fast and could kill penalties. Easily replaceable? No. However, he was not a game changer like some fans are making it seem. Classic CDC overreaction. Love Motter but at the end of the day this is a business. BB has done a good job building bottom 6 players. Lammiko was getting scratched under Green. Now he looks like a reliable and effective bottom 6 guy who can produce every now and then. Look at Highmore. Hopefully, we can build Lockwood into something, he is fast and not afraid to throw a hit. Losing Motte just opens up doors for guys like Lockwood. Richardson is just here to finish off the season, nothing more. Likely means that Dickinson is done for the season. 

yes; and...

The real judgment of management will be determined based on how they deal with our top guys. Sign or trade Miller. Sign or trade Boeser. What are we doing with Garland, all these rumours going into the deadline? How can we rebuild our defence. And so on..in your opinion then, real judgment is reserved until after the summer.

We did not have to trade Tyler Motte; we could have still added Richie as a free waiver-wire pickup, and had both seasoned veterans for our playoff run RIGHT NOW.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

We did not have to trade Tyler Motte; we could have still added Richie as a free waiver-wire pickup, and had both seasoned veterans for our playoff run RIGHT NOW.

How much of a difference would Motte have made for our so-called Playoff run?

Lammiko and Highmore have been holding their own. PK has been at 90% last three games. Seems like we are doing just fine without Motte. We could have used him, but it's better to get something rather than nothing for a guy who likely walks in off-season. 

• Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, J-23 said:

How much of a difference would Motte have made for our so-called Playoff run?

Lammiko and Highmore have been holding their own. PK has been at 90% last three games. Seems like we are doing just fine without Motte. We could have used him, but it's better to get something rather than nothing for a guy who likely walks in off-season. 

wake up

highmore is/was hurt

I'm out

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Its a possibility, i dont mind the extra center depth Richards gives us though. Was really nice to see Lammikko step in when Richards got waved out.