The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Mar. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, KirkSave said:

If we could somehow draft a player who plays like O'Reily, that would be a huge win for the org. Guy is a tenacious puck hound, who plays hard and clean. No cheap stuff, just an honest and extremely effective game. The fact that Petey, Hughes and I think Horvat couldn't strip him of the puck on our PP in the thrid period, in our zone, 3 on 1 was impressive play by him and lackluster from us.

Cole Sillinger would been nice with Podz - but we got OEL, Garland and less cap space.  Deal is done and Canucks should be able to draft, a good player in this draft.  

• Cheers 1

We will have our revenge on the Blues and will start an interesting April.

Teams we need to watch..

VGK: Play 9 of their remaining 14 on the road (2 of which are against us). They’re a game above .500 on the road.

DAL: Have 16 games in April. Tough schedule for those older Stars.

WPG: Still have games against TOR, COL(x2), FLA, TBL, NYR, CAR and CGY.

EDM: Well they have 2 goalies that make Dan Cloutier look like a star on most nights.

Still plenty of meaningful hockey to go folks. Go Canucks Go!!!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Garland is the better hockey player no matter how you slice it homey.

Can't argue that this season. Boeser is similar in point totals but is also getting majority of the powerplay time and nearly half his points are generated on the powerplay. Boeser only has 21 even strength points in 61 games and that's with more ice time. 

• Vintage 2

17 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Wow. Wasnt he just on the radio spewing crazy last yr? 

Last year he was tame. He basically got silenced by his own organization after the couple years prior for being ridiculous. 

As sad as it is, Ottawa fans are gonna be happy to have a new owner. 

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Why do people keep pairing boeser and garland together as if its one or the other?  Garland is the way better hockey player. It isnt even close.  Garland creates more in one shift by himself than boeser does in 20 games.  

Anyone with half a brain understands boeser is a lousy overpaid player dragging this club down

Yeah Garland >>> Boeser for me. 

Boeser would do well on a bottom of the league team where he could just pot in power play goals in garbage time. 

33 minutes ago, PuckTruckCanuck said:

This time of year you need to ice your best lineup. Halak isn’t it. Questionable decision by Boudreau.

”I didn’t want them to see the same goalie twice” 

Who cares, ice your best line-up and let that take care of itself. 

Bingo

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Rackdawg said:

Exactlty..when was his last goal?

i was looking that up coz he has 5 goals this calendar year and none in this crucial month of March.  I get all the criticism Boeser gets, he looks slower this year, and hasnt been effective as he has in past years....but when I see posters arguing that Garland is better "no matter how you slice it" I just dont buy it.  Almost Half of Garland's points came in the first two months of the season.   The team needs these guys now and Garland has done very little in terms of goal scoring so I cant see how one guy (BB) gets lambasted by a few of the posters here - game in game out- while some of the same posters pump Garland's tires.  To me Garland looks too small to deal with the big defenders of the better teams, gives away the puck too much, and his passes are not the best.  When push comes to shove hes doing very little.   

I see him as a candidate to flip for a good d man in the off season. This doesnt mean that I dont think Boeser should get traded.  The only untouchables imho are Quinn and Demko and maybe Petey.   I just dont buy the arguments that Garland is helping this team more - especially during the past 3 months when they have been trying to get out of the initial hole.

Edited by Darius
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Stars got burned by a hot goalie on Saturday, and we got burned today.

Couple lucky goals went the Blues way, and our boys coulda played harder.  Close game aside from the scoresheet.

Any other time of the year, we'd have been quite satisfied with 2-1-1 road trip against that level of competition. Oh well.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1