The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 30, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Can anyone clarify what his current contract is?

It was a 2 year with the second year being an option right? I would imagine that’s the teams option?

Can’t imagine they don’t pick up that option and even look to extend him. Great to hear he wants to keep coaching for a long time! He’s a good fit with this group we just need to fill some holes for next season.

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

You were the one calling people traitors not me ... but I digress. It seems like everyone in this thread is talking about it. It seems pretty reasonable to me but since you own the website I'll go do something else.

Perhaps you can direct me to the the link where you can't talk the next day about how the game affects the team moving forward.

I could perhaps tell you where to go; but maybe you are finally gone.

8 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Ur overrating rathbone just like you did rafferty, Chatfield,  guadette.

Dermott defends better than rathbone.  I doubt we will ever see rathbone stick up here.  He plays way too small.

Have you ever been to a game in Abby? Rathbone is a future Star high IQ smooth skater and excellent passer. And Lockwood is the same, the Team hasn't been the same with him and petan up to vancity, come to Abbotsford and watch a playoff team

47 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Great posts guys. I've been saying this for months now. This team is lacking maturity in it's core and the leadership required to play responsibly in all 3 zones and in different situations. The core will mature but right now it is seriously lacking on this team.

That's 2 games Petterson blew now. He also gave up a short handed breakaway on the PP that lead to only Detroit goal in a 1-0 game. It's Gawd awful play and someone needs to be able to get that through to him. Whether it's the Captains, teammates, or coaches. Right now it's unacceptable decision making and he's not listening to anyone except his own ego. I still love Petey but it's something he absolutely has to fix. Same with Hughes and Miller who were both playing D and somehow got roasted by a guy 4 feet in front of them. No team is going anywhere with those attitudes and performances.

Pretty sure when your skating around your "ego" isn't something that comes to mind but maybe i'm wrong.    Mistakes are the mana for improvement. So yes the coaches should be pointing this stuff out - and pretty sure they know what they did wrong themselves as soon as they sit down on the bench.   And that it's a balance between what they also do right.    Only 3 - maybe 4 guys in the history of the sport, did very little wrong when they played.   That's it.   And all of them got burned often enough although it was way less often.   Wayne made most guys look like they were still in juniors the first half of his career - then became a normal superstar, eventually not even that.   Mario and Orr just had their highest level of play throughout - Bossy as well, but of course injuries and age.... it happened.   Bure too and we all saw him - he made mistakes.   

Crosby made his fair share too early on. So did Ovi.   EPs kind of proving to be exactly what scouts thought.   The most skilled guy in his draft, but weak for the NHL.   At least he scored a couple of goals.    Guys got talent ... i'm not holding my breath for an Art Ross ever anymore, or a Hart trophy.    But he's for sure legit.   And well i'm still hoping the gym becomes his ally. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Pearson Miller Garland

Petan Pettersson Boeser

Lammiko Dickinson Chiasson

Podkolzin Richardson Lockwood 

Those are the actual lines.

Should move Podz up to the top 6 for the rest of the season. Give him opportunity to pot a few & get his confidence up going into next year.

When he's confident he feels he can make a difference in the game, then thats when he's most engaged/aggressive. As opposed to just playing a safe game when he's lower down & playing limited minutes.

Need the aggressive & engaged Podz.

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kind of funny that they're saying the team is tired. The season's not even over!  Playoffs? :lol:

Calgary and Colorado sure don't look tired. 

When you don’t have depth your top players have to work harder to get results and play more minutes.

You don’t think Demko isn’t tired after the amount of games he’s played and the all star performances he’s had to put in?

Calgary and Colorado both have great depth and can play different lines more minutes each night to manage fatigue.

Not to mention Markstrom gets a lot of easy nights because his team knows how to shut it down in front of him. He also has a backup that can play and win games consistently.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Should move Podz up to the top 6 for the rest of the season. Give him opportunity to pot a few & get his confidence up going into next year.

When he's confident he feels he can make a difference in the game, then thats when he's most engaged/aggressive. As opposed to just playing a safe game when he's lower down & playing limited minutes.

Yup, time to rest the injured and give someone, an opportunity to make next years club. 

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yep seems like Boudreau is taking the same approach as Green.

The fact that Chiasson and Petan are playing more minutes than your budding young powerforward is a joke.

Like why are they afraid of letting him make mistakes? You can’t have double standards for vets and rookies. That doesn’t create a culture of accountability.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

When you don’t have depth your top players have to work harder to get results and play more minutes.

You don’t think Demko isn’t tired after the amount of games he’s played and the all star performances he’s had to put in?

Calgary and Colorado both have great depth and can play different lines more minutes each night to manage fatigue.

Not to mention Markstrom gets a lot of easy nights because his team knows how to shut it down in front of him. He also has a backup that can play and win games consistently.

Yes, that's the problem right there, they don't have enough depth (and maybe the wrong players)

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Depth and situational awareness.  Does Allvin, have what it takes ?  

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The fact that Chiasson and Petan are playing more minutes than your budding young powerforward is a joke.

Like why are they afraid of letting him make mistakes? You can’t have double standards for vets and rookies. That doesn’t create a culture of accountability.

7 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yup, time to rest the injured and give someone, an opportunity to make next years club. 

I'm not ready to go that far, it's just line rushes. Podz has actually been playing a decent amount lately - significantly more than Petan & slightly more than Chiasson - but I would like to see him given even more of a chance down this stretch.

Podz / Rathbone / Lockwood are the 3 guys we need to usher along here, get them comfortable with the NHL for next season.

Lockwood has looked good so far, & Podz has gotten better all year. Now we just need to get Rathbone up & playing.

(I'd also be curious to see Dermott w/ OEL, just to see how Dermott could do)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The main problem that hasn't been addressed was Green cutting actual NHL players over those pylons.  We don't have enough serviceable forwards for Podz to play with unfortunately.  I'm hoping it will be better next year and we won't be forced to ice useless trash like Petan and Chiasson.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The main problem that hasn't been addressed was Green cutting actual NHL players over those pylons.  We don't have enough serviceable forwards for Podz to play with unfortunately.  I'm hoping it will be better next year and we won't be forced to ice useless trash like Petan and Chiasson.

The NHL should fine the Canucks every time they dress Petan and Chiasson. Maybe that will force their hand to make changes. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The NHL should fine the Canucks every time they dress Petan and Chiasson. Maybe that will force their hand to make changes. 

I haven't minded Chiasson at all.  I know it's been trendy to trash him, but he's been solid for us most of the year.  

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

On a playoff team, seven of those 12 players wouldn't crack the lineup.

No to Lammikko and Podkolzin?  Or are you referring to Mr Green Jacket Boeser? 

Pga Tour Good Job GIF

I think it's better for them to miss the playoffs to give them a taste of importance of having a good start and minimizing the slump and actually beating those teams like Buffalo, Detroit, else they'd be closer to the playoff spots. Those little things do matter.  I wouldn't want them to make the playoffs only to be swept away, ratting their confidence.  At this point, if they do not beat Las Vegas 3 games in next few weeks, it's over even if we beat them 2 out of 3 games for we gained only 2 points in that scenario.   IF we do make the playoffs, the next season will be challenging to get those guys ready to play and hope that the habit of having a slow start is a thing of past.

There is also a chance we win the lottery this year, we're overdue to win at least one after what we have gone through. 

For as much as we want them to make the playoffs, we ought to face the reality. They're definitely a playoff team had not for a slow start and Green awful coaching.  Let's hope for a better off-season and those prospects are ready to make the team.