The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elon Musk Officially Purchases Twitter, Takes Company Private

15 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Yes it comes back to why I didn't agree with Scott's post. Making a joke about something isn't the same as promoting hate, people can joke about things while still respecting them. I suspect Musk's comment was geared towards the pronouns that aren't based in reality, such as animal-based pronouns among others. Granted, Musk's comment wasn't funny. People might be insulted/offended by it, but it isn't as malicious as people make it out to be. I think it was an overreaction on Scott's part, even if he meant well. You view it differently, that's fine.

Either way, kudos to you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate that far more than those who ignore my arguments or outright waste my time. I doubt we'll come to an agreement on this topic, so I'll leave it at that for now. Hope you enjoy the holidays.

No, sadly his comments were not.  his comments were based at what he referred to as the "alphabet mafia" of the lgbtq community not long ago.  He kind of made his feelings towards that king of orientation known regarding his own relatives in numerous comments.  

Making a joke about something is making a joke.  But using your pulpit to effectively say it is ok to disrespect people and make fun of them for who they are is crossing a pretty blatant line.

It's why I asked about scott vs musk in your comments.

All Scott was doing was sousing out just that.  Saying dude, respect these people by just accepting their existence.  Musk made a joke about it instead (if that is your belief) and then carried on with an oft disproved statement about Fauci.

When he tweeted about the rabbit hole; he may have made a mistake about what that term means.  As I don't think he fully understands how far down the "rabbit hole" he has apparently gone

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

So when do the Musq fans decide to start criticizing him over the hate they say (yet never seem to show in actions or words, weird huh) that they don’t approve of? 1 month? 1 year? Never? You’d think if it was a bunch of trolls trying to test their limits (the argument used by supporters) after he took over that they would have stopped by now. Or maybe, just maybe those behind him just refuse to admit the reality: Musq doesn’t give a flying f about hate and discrimination on the platform, which helps lead to the murders of minorities like in the Club Q mass shooting.

And to be frank it’s fairly easy to be against hate and discrimination and those who spread it, that’s just the bare minimum someone can do, but it means nothing if you stay silent, nothing. They seem to hate the wokeist libs more then racism, sexism, homophobia and transphobia so none of his clan will ever criticize him for letting it spread like wildfire (especially not those here on CDC). At some point saying you’re against something, but never actually being against people who do that something is empty words. I hope some of you (you know who you are) prove me wrong in my lack of faith of those who constantly defend him and will wake up to the dangers and consequences of letting this stuff slide.

It ain’t words to crazy people, it’s permission to murder.

FF80D23A-F997-4D83-A7B9-BD83DE25E211.thumb.jpeg.a0221e4322599c5acd17c700a58c8894.jpeg

The candidate he voted for in June, a MAGA Republican Myra Flores, lost reelection by over 10,000 votes.  Musk tweeted that he had voted QOP in June:

“First time I ever voted Republican,” Musk declared at the time. “Massive red wave in 2022.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elon-musk-didnt-vote-in-midterms-after-urging-fans-to-back-gop?ref=home

Musk Didn’t Even Vote in Midterms He Cared So Much About

7 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

The candidate he voted for in June, a MAGA Republican Myra Flores, lost reelection by over 10,000 votes.  Musk tweeted that he had voted QOP in June:

“First time I ever voted Republican,” Musk declared at the time. “Massive red wave in 2022.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elon-musk-didnt-vote-in-midterms-after-urging-fans-to-back-gop?ref=home

Musk Didn’t Even Vote in Midterms He Cared So Much About

The gullible don’t care, as long as you say what they want to hear and piss off those against discrimination and the far right insanity that’s infected politics all over the world then that’s all that matters. Actions to you know actually follow through or prove they mean what they say instead of taking those gullible for a ride means nothing to them.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay
  • Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

That isn't even remotely MAGA.

MAGA doctrine is literally there to cancel anyone who doesn't fall in lock step or goose step or whatever they do now.

Obama spoke plain simple truth.  be reasonable.  Yelling and screeching at people because they are trying is not activism.  Calling people out on social media is not activism.  Not everyone is a bad person and that while you can have disagreements, you can also both love your kids, enjoy sunny days etc.

To claim that is "maga" type thinking is laughable

I think this might have been an attempt at humor, his next tweet was...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

According to Forbes, Elon has managed to lose over $100 billion in the past year.....

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/14/business/bernard-arnault-richest-person/index.html

Bernard Arnault, the chairman of French luxury goods giant LVMH (LVMHF), has just become the first European to top Bloomberg’s list of the world’s richest people, relegating Elon Musk to second place.

Now worth $171 billion, Arnault’s wealth eclipsed the Tesla CEO’s $164 billion fortune on Tuesday, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Arnault had already ousted Musk from the top spot on Forbes’ list of “Real Time Billionaires” last week.

Musk’s net worth has tumbled by $107 billion this year, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Arnault’s wealth, which stems from his controlling stake in LVMH, has suffered a more modest $7 billion decline.

The divergence is partly down to the stock performance of the companies in which the pair own shares. Musk’s purchase of Twitter (TWTR) hasn’t helped either. Still, he is in no imminent danger of falling further down the list: His fortune remains comfortably bigger than that of Indian industrialist Gautam Adani ($125 billion) and Amazon (AMZN) founder Jeff Bezos ($116 billion), who rank third and fourth on Bloomberg’s list.

While Tesla (TSLA)’s share price has plummeted 54% this year, LVMH stock has held steady, supported by robust sales in the United States and Europe. The luxury market has remained relatively steady this year, even as surging inflation has led less-affluent shoppers to change their spending habits. LVMH has a market value of €362.4 billion ($386 billion).

Wile E Coyote | Classic cartoon characters, Old cartoons, Looney tunes  cartoons

43 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Posted just this a page or two back.

The "champion of free speech" seems to have serious issues with free speech depending on what is being said.  He has by all appearances deleted hundreds or thousands of accounts sharing videos of him being mocked.  Thousands more for questioning him or calling him out over statements or behaviour.  Has "shadow banned" accounts like muskjet which I posted the evidence of a few pages back; by demanding twitter execs make the call directly.

Rules for thee but not for me.

It is kind of shameful that a sweeping allowance of some truly disgusting people was made to allow them back on the platform.  Bot usage is at an all time high by some metrics and if you make fun of the cult leader you will be silenced.

The strictest usage of the word irony can be applied here.  Where in Musk claims, makes comments about cancel culture and free speech being at risk.  because companies and people are making choices based on their OWN preferences; yet he is cancelling the voices of thousands or more because they question him or share videos of him at a low point.

Yes you nailed it in your post  last page about wokeness and pronouns. I believe he does worry about wokeness but for no other reason than it is becoming so damaging to his brand. I find it hard to believe he cares a flying fig about pronouns, proven by the naming of his child. 

The art of misdirection. Is he up to something or is he just another ‘stable genius’?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

C'mon Petey....suggesting that Barry has gone full MAGA is beneath you.....:picard:

Haha, it wasn’t my tweet, I was posting the video and Elon’s reply to it.  @Playoff Beered already posted a reply by the poster who showed the video which showed it was dark humour. Of all the posters that can see the dark humour in it I thought you would have liked it the best…   <_<

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Haha, it wasn’t my tweet, I was posting the video and Elon’s reply to it.  @Playoff Beered already posted a reply by the poster who showed the video which showed it was dark humour. Of all the posters that can see the dark humour in it I thought you would have liked it the best…   <_<

1 hour ago, Playoff Beered said:

I think this might have been an attempt at humor, his next tweet was...

This is why I shouldn't read or respond before my morning tea.  so easy to mistake things

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I usually have to have my eggs in the morning before I even log in to CDC…

Haha, if I don't have my fried egg on toast in the morning I can barely function. I've tried cereal or oatmeal or toast and jam and they all leave me hungry. Gotta start the day with some good protein!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

WarHip is right, this guy (Elon) is up to something and it's not his concern over pronouns. He is promoting the divide, for whatever game he has planned. 

Maybe he's trying to divert people's attention away from a major problem:  the mis-distribution of wealth in the US and other countries?

• Cheers 1

On 12/13/2022 at 11:50 AM, nuckin_futz said:

He's not selling it but if he wants to pledge it for margin loans firms will mark it at $10-15 Billion tops.

He's pledged his Tesla stock for margin loans and it's at a new 2 year low. He's repeatedly being forced to liquidate his Tesla stock to satisfy margin requirements. In other words "he done f***ed up".

Right on schedule. LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I just wonder if Musk is this stupid or if he tries to use the same conservative folks giving away money for nothing to Trump, Powell etc.

He's the new darling of the Right in his fight against 'wokeness' whatever that is. What he's failed to account for is most of his customer base is granola munching eco leftists. Who have many options when it comes to EV's.

• Upvote 1