The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vegas Golden Knights at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

20 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Nah they win the tiebreaker with us so it doesn't matter,  we need to win two more than them down the stretch regardless.

Good point, and made me feel better about it.

5 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Definitely targeting LA & 3rd spot in the division instead of a wildcard. 

LA’s record over the past 10 is the worst 

of all the play-off spot holders & chasers still alive, in the conference. 

That’s the path. 

That mid March 7 game home stand is haunting us. 14 potential points and we got 5. Including a 1-0 loss to Detroit and an ot loss to Buffalo. 

Regardless things are meaningful still, its been a hell of a ride since dumb and dumber were fired. 

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 2
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Vancan2021 said:

That mid March 7 game home stand is haunting us. 14 potential points and we got 5. Including a 1-0 loss to Detroit and an ot loss to Buffalo. 

Regardless things are meaningful still, its been a hell of a ride since dumb and dumber were fired. 

I hear ya!

How they could have let the situation drag-on so that the fans actually needed to demand Benning’s firing en-mass in a chant, is beyond me!  

A few turn-around wins even a week earlier, may end up being the calculated difference. Aquilini’s hesitancy is to blame if they fall short. 

But, they are making a charge forward & their faith in one another & in this coach is something to admire. It’s seems far & away from the position they were in just after the Christmas break.  

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Just saw on the replay for the OT goal that Eichel got shoved by Hughes and was looking for a call. How embarrassing is it to be shoved off the puck by our smallest Dman in front of your own net?

Hughes said "Hit the road, Jack."

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

How did Burroughs look tonight as RW??  Would be nice if he gets to play a hybrid role going forward!! 

I didn't notice him until the hooking penalty he took in the 3rd, so maybe he should stay on the blueline.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, viking mama said:

I hear ya!

How they could have let that situation drag-on so that the fans actually needed to to demand Benning’s firing en-mass in a chant, is beyond me!  

A few turn-around wins even a week earlier, may end up being the calculated difference. Aquilini’s hesitancy is to blame if they fall short. 

But, they are making a charge forward & their faith in one another & in this coach is something to admire. It’s far away  from the position where they once were.  

Aquaman's only saving grace is he actually went to Rutherford's house and personally recruited him face to face. That led to men and woman being hired in upper management with hockey minds we have not seen in a long, long time.

That along with our core makes me believe we will soon be the aforementioned where we once were.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vancan2021 said:

Aquaman's only saving grace is he actually went to Rutherford's house and personally recruited him face to face. That led to men and woman being hired in upper management with hockey minds we have not seen in a long, long time.

That along with our core makes me believe we will soon be the aforementioned where we once were.   

Yah, and with this laudable-group vetting prospects, I believe character issues will not likely be the main failings being questioned in their draftees, again. 

Edited by viking mama

37 minutes ago, Vancan2021 said:

Honestly considering where we were 20 games in I’m extremely impressed by our team. Even when we probably don’t make it, the fact we actually made a run makes me proud of our guys regardless of where we end up.

Can’t wait to see how we do under a full year of Bruce. Lots of positives for us moving forward.

• Cheers 1