The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Starting goaltender vs. Senators  

174 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The trick is can the Canucks beat the teams they are supposed to beat ( which they screwed up a few times in losing to Detroit and NJ ).

People keep thinking that the lower ranked teams will be easier, but that's not really the case. Lower ranked teams want to be spoilers so will play hard against Vancouver. Teams like LA and Calgary will play hard because they don't want Vancouver to get in.

There aren't any easy games. Just head down playoff style hockey for the next 6 games. Don't bring your head up until the last game.

Any thoughts about an easy game is a surefire way to underestimate your opponent.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Where is this section? Got the #?  I like to know who started the first Bruce there it is chant.  He needs to go on radio or podcast. 

I was at the game against LA Kings....  it started in the upper sections.  That was Bruce's first game and we won 4-0 from what I remember. 

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I was at the game against LA Kings....  it started in the upper sections.  That was Bruce's first game and we won 4-0 from what I remember. 

It started cause the DJ played "Whoop, there it is" sometime in the third period.

9 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

The trick is can the Canucks beat the teams they are supposed to beat ( which they screwed up a few times in losing to Detroit and NJ ).

People keep thinking that the lower ranked teams will be easier, but that's not really the case. Lower ranked teams want to be spoilers so will play hard against Vancouver. Teams like LA and Calgary will play hard because they don't want Vancouver to get in.

There aren't any easy games. Just head down playoff style hockey for the next 6 games. Don't bring your head up until the last game.

Any thoughts about an easy game is a surefire way to underestimate your opponent.

I don't know man, think Calgary will prefer to play us than Vegas and their how many million over the cap. 

Just now, 24K PureCool said:

I don't know man, think Calgary will prefer to play us than Vegas and their how many million over the cap. 

Don’t think anyone would want to play a team that’s on a heater like ours. Also we got a Demko. If I’m Colorado or Calgary I’m begging for Vegas and lehner. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FijianCanuck said:

Don’t think anyone would want to play a team that’s on a heater like ours. Also we got a Demko. If I’m Colorado or Calgary I’m begging for Vegas and lehner. 

Yeah but chances are they aren't gonna play us in the first round giving our most likely target is LA. 

Think they will prefer knocking Begas out before they can even punch their ticket. 

17 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Valid points but the whole team: from the coaches to the players are very engaged and had totally bought what Boudreau has been selling.

One thing, I have noticed during the winning streak: is that the Canucks have been scoring first.  Scoring first, gives the team the chance to dictate the game.  So, these remaining games, if they score first there is a good chance, the Canucks will win, unless the other team will play a hockey version of a full court press - very similar to what the Blues & Vegas were doing. Any teams, left capable of playing a heavy game ? 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

I think that's an elements that's coming into play right now in general - the Canucks AND the league are starting to see what Demko can do. He has the potential to carry the Canucks where other goalies can't.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Why do you think? Record against Us or Vegas is the same so?

Vegas right now is limited by their injury and cap space. Once playoffs start, everyone in their 'LTIR' will come in the lineup given no cap in the playoffs making them way more dangerous than us. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Sutherland has actually been really good in games he's reffed of ours this year.  I've never really had the biggest grudge against him because the time almost everyone hates him, I didn't really pay attention to who the refs were then.  His biggest stupid call that I remember was the goalie interference in the Sharks and Vegas series screwing over the Sharks making them lose that game.  But this year he's been very good only calling the most obvious calls and letting the flow of play run smoothly.  Tonight he only called 2 penalties (both our way).  It was the other ref that called the Suter dive.  Compare that to a guy like Tim Peel who has consistently rigged every game he's reffed of ours.

Sutherland's most egregious acts:

Gave Daniel a misconduct for being punched by Marchand

Gave Keith a 2 minute minor for his criminal assault on Daniel

Openly rigged a playoff series between us and the Sharks

And numerous other games where he's been a major problem.  He's even more of a piece of garbage than Peel and he belongs in prison for criminal negligence.  Nobody who values the integrity of the sport should have any respect whatsoever for that worthless piece of ****.  I simply don't trust him to conduct himself appropriately given his history of disgracing the sport with his refusal to act like a professional.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1