The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

There is a good chance Fleury starts in net as well.

Looks like we haven't had 3 thirty goal scorers in a single season since the mid-90's.

Petey is one goal away.

That says something about the trajectory of our team.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

7 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

They only have 4 games left.

Of course they do.  But just won 2.  Do you think they will win six in a row?  I do not.   This was a simple math thing ... was wondering if anyone wouldn't get that lol.   It's ok.   If a train travelled at 100 and another was doing 60 etc etc when would they meet blah blah  ... i didn't always get those either. 

Edited by IBatch

Just now, Alflives said:

OEL and Bone coming up soon.  

You can’t replace Hughes. It literally isn’t a thing unless your getting an elite offensive defencemen back in a trade. Any trade involving Hughes would be a step back in the wrong direction 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Odd. said:

They have only 4 games remaining.

They need to lose at least 2 of them in regulation. We can only afford to lose one game IF Kings manage to lose 2. If they keep winning then it’s over

NVM understood what you meant 

It's ok .. Odd way to write it wasn't it? 

Edited by IBatch

13 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

One positive thing I wanted to mention:

Really like the way Podz handles himself in the rough stuff.

Podz was in the middle of dealing with Josh Norris after Norris hooked him and nearly high sticked him... and meanwhile Brady Tkachuk figures he'll take a sneaky run at little Vasily from behind...  SORRY, NOT GONNA HAPPEN;)

Mathew Tkachuk is no lightweight, but Podz straight-armed his attempted cheapshot without even looking around... and then Tkachuk, nursing a bloody nose...  goes off on a whine which the Refs initially listened to, but after looking at the video reply, realized Brady was the author of his own misfortune...  :lol:    Too bad they didn't give Tkachuk a penalty too for roughing.

Meanwhile as John said... Vasily sat in the penalty box showing his 'angelic face' and pretending he did nothing.  B) 

He may have a baby face, but this kid is TOUGH.

And no interference call for BT for the run at Podz.. what b.s.!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

And no interference call for BT for the run at Podz.. what b.s.!

He's such a puke. Shameless. If you're going to play like a dirty pos all game, no whining. Dish it, take it.

I'm so glad he missed his penalty shot. I can't stand him...he's got a real sense of entitlement. Sure, he plays a big (dirty) game but can he send an email to the refs instead of them holding a 20 minute conference and delaying the game? Or maybe write to the manager, signed "Tkaren"?

I LOVED Podz's response. He did not give a Tkachuk about Brady.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

He's such a puke. Shameless. If you're going to play like a dirty pos all game, no whining. Dish it, take it.

I'm so glad he missed his penalty shot. I can't stand him...he's got a real sense of entitlement. Sure, he plays a big (dirty) game but can he send an email to the refs instead of them holding a 20 minute conference and delaying the game? Or maybe write to the manager, signed "Tkaren"?

I LOVED Podz's response. He did not give a Tkachuk about Brady.

Yeah he has quite the Rat streak to him.. Marchand and the chuks related? 

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

The "Mighty" Quinn to Jersey for a HUGE haul?  Fill all the holes in one move.

Alf you’re too drunk already. There is no return worth what Quinn brings now and what he projects to be in the future. Trading him would be the absolute worst move they could make, save maybe Demko being traded.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Smarmy as he is, he's not wrong. Some of us having been saying that about our defense for months. 

That statline that Drance threw out though is so meaninglessness. 

We got outshot 20-15 with our 2nd and 3rd pairings out there. That's not a huge margin. 

Is he taking into account the fact that Ottawa had about 12 shot attempts go wide/blocked while we had over 40? No he's not. 

Drance is a journalist that's pretending to be a stats guy.  

People that enjoy and embrace science first embrace the fact that they could be wrong. Drance thinks he's god's gift to hockey analytics when it couldn't be further from the truth. 

On the subject of our D, it was Schenn that had a really bad game yesterday. He was directly responsible for 1.5 goals. We definitely need to acquire one good RHD for our team going into next year. 

People that have been calling our defense one of the worst in the league have been proven wrong during the season. Drance has shown how stubborn he is on this subject. He cherry picks statistics to fit his narrative and that's one of the worst sins you can commit as a statistician. 

I got my bachelor's of science in math and statistics, as a reference. 

15 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

18th point lost to lottery team this season.. and we wonder why ppl are pessimistic about the team.. and no let's not blame green he only dropped 8 of the 18 points against lottery teams..  if we could a gotten 4 or 5 points out of those 18 we dropped woulda been comfortably in a playoff spot

Same could be said if we won 4 more of those games we dropped while Green was coaching. 

• Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

For a small d man, that's a mighty big hole to fill.

No doubt.   QHs is only freaking 22 years old.   Guys awesome.   So is EP for that matter.   Brock is doing what he can to get us into the playoffs too.   Don't get why fans are quick to turn on our players - well i do it's always cap.   Somethings, you just can't put a price on.   Right now it's hard not to be proud of this group.   Podz keeps getting better as the season goes on, Garland has done his job, same as OEL.   Myers still leads the team in plus minus (but he's not a top four RHD ... ok then)  ...  Miller and Horvat in their primes are showcasing what could happen to the younger players.    Patience.   Team needs to sit back - rinse and repeat.   Still has cost controlled options next season.  I'm sure the West is sighing in relief we didn't win another one last night.  

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

That statline that Drance threw out though is so meaninglessness. 

We got outshot 20-15 with our 2nd and 3rd pairings out there. That's not a huge margin. 

Is he taking into account the fact that Ottawa had about 12 shot attempts go wide/blocked while we had over 40? No he's not. 

Drance is a journalist that's pretending to be a stats guy.  

People that enjoy and embrace science first embrace the fact that they could be wrong. Drance thinks he's god's gift to hockey analytics when it couldn't be further from the truth. 

On the subject of our D, it was Schenn that had a really bad game yesterday. He was directly responsible for 1.5 goals. We definitely need to acquire one good RHD for our team going into next year. 

People that have been calling our defense one of the worst in the league have been proven wrong during the season. Drance has shown how stubborn he is on this subject. He cherry picks statistics to fit his narrative and that's one of the worst sins you can commit as a statistician. 

I got my bachelor's of science in math and statistics, as a reference. 

I wasn't digging into his stats, moreso his general take on our defense. I don't pay attention to Drance for stats. 

Outside of Hughes and OEL I view everyone on our D as expendable. We're going to need an RD to place Hamonic and we'll need one to replace Myers sooner than later. I view D as this team's biggest weakness.

Edmonton and Toronto are two teams above us, Toronto's done very well for themselves this season. In spite of their success as a team, which will get them to the playoffs, I wouldn't say either team has a good defense. That's how I view our D core despite the team's record under Boudreau. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Injuries and illness catching up to us now... we basically have an injured backup and a sick starter... while missing our captain.  Man, why does it always seem like the odds are never in our favour.

• Cheers 1