• Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Kings in 4
    • Kings in 5
    • Kings in 6
    • Kings in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2022 at 02:00 AM

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I wouldn’t be so sure.

The refs may decide to extend the series by giving the Oilers lots of powerplays. Only way they can win this series now.

Yep, Kings go up 2 all of a sudden 2 Oiler PP’s to the rescue. 

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Crosby will retire as a top 5 player all time (imo) whereas McDavid will simply retire as one of the most offensively gifted players ever 

Without at least a cup or international accolades he won't crack the top 5 imo 

Crosby's made his linemates and team better his entire career and he's one of the most decorated players ever

McDavid might pile up a similar amount of individual hardware but it's unlikely he'll ever be the sort of champion Crosby's been 

thats why calling McBaby "best ever" burns my cookies. He isn't. Is he a great scoring F? you bet. But he's not a complete player or leader in the way Crosby has been. 

Watching Crosby on the PP even now last game e.g., the guy is constantly moving and shifting into different roles seamlessly, its really fun to watch him still. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Bang on. If I had to pick a team for a winner take all, Crosby is my number one center. Crosby is a grinder with a superstars skill set. Strong as an ox. McD is a hilite reel that doesn't help his teammates get better. Just off the top of my head Guentzel, Kunitz, Hornquist, Rust, all have extra cash, cups, gold medals in their pockets thanks to Syd. You could argue Draisatel owes some to McD, but if Draisatel played with Syd, Syd wouldn't accept Draisatel's effort in his own zone. He's got that kind of determination and leads by example. McD simply doesn't have that. 

Oilers roster is teeming with immaturity and miscreants. Assigning the leadership roles to a 40 year goalie that can’t get out of his own way, and a washed up Duncan Keith isn’t the magic pill.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Oilers roster is teeming with immaturity and miscreants. Assigning the leadership roles to a 40 year goalie that can’t get out of his own way, and a washed up Duncan Keith isn’t the magic pill.

I wonder if Smith is hurt? he looked really bad on at least two goals. 

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

thats why calling McBaby "best ever" burns my cookies. He isn't. Is he a great scoring F? you bet. But he's not a complete player or leader in the way Crosby has been. 

Watching Crosby on the PP even now last game e.g., the guy is constantly moving and shifting into different roles seamlessly, its really fun to watch him still. 

I'd also take Barkov over McDiver.  200 foot player with a ton of offense and none of the character issues.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd also take Barkov over McDiver.  200 foot player with a ton of offense and none of the character issues.

That OT lack of back checking (on the winner) by McDavid was exactly why he’s not even close to the best player.  McKinnon, Aho, Barkov, Hedman, Makar, Fox, Josi, and even Draisatl are better players than “Mc I don’t back check.”

• Cheers 1

Edmonton are in their prime right now, sure they lack a consistent star goalie but everywhere else they have players in their prime. 

Their big weakness for me is lack of team defence, especially from their forwards, and the Kings are showing them first hand what they're missing.

It'll be a disaster if they lose this next game. Imagine how bad CDC would have been if we wasted the twins prime years in 1st round exits. Sadly a lot of it isn't personnel, there's not much else they can do there - their forwards and defenders need to defend better as a 5 man unit and they really need a proper goalie, not a couple of streaky guys.

I'm sure Draisaitl and McDavid will turn it up for this next game though...

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Edmonton are in their prime right now, sure they lack a consistent star goalie but everywhere else they have players in their prime. 

Their big weakness for me is lack of team defence, especially from their forwards, and the Kings are showing them first hand what they're missing.

It'll be a disaster if they lose this next game. Imagine how bad CDC would have been if we wasted the twins prime years in 1st round exits. Sadly a lot of it isn't personnel, there's not much else they can do there - their forwards and defenders need to defend better as a 5 man unit and they really need a proper goalie, not a couple of streaky guys.

I'm sure Draisaitl and McDavid will turn it up for this next game though...

It’s the team as a whole and Scotty Bowman would struggle to get more than a round or 2 out of this lacklustre roster. 

9 hours ago, JM_ said:

Yeah, the best ever my ass

If he doesnt get out of this city he'll just be the best to never win a cup

5 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Seems as though we all are. :P

Nope, I'm mediocre at 31 :P

• Haha 2