The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 Canucks end of season media availability

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Zhukini said:

Demko news is the biggest of the day, if he’s out for any length of time due to surgery it’ll be another long year.

Not if he gets it done right away.

Those procedures usually have a fairly short recovery time.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Anyone who's been constantly taking runs at Brock needs to remember that...these ARE human beings. Even IF they're not producing at a level we'd like, take it easy/ier on them...we don't know what others are going through behind the scenes.

I feel for Brock...watching a loved one slip away (mentally) is the most difficult thing ever. Especially when you DO still have to function and show up for work.

May there be lessons learned here....

The human element of the pro athlete.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Not bringing Bruce back for this group would be a HUGE mistake.  We need to keep this group together.  

Miller, Bo, Bess need extensions done.  Don’t trade any of our extended core.  Touch the fringes, like with the Hamonic trade.  Nothing more.  

Glad you figured that out Alfie. I think it’s very important to keep the core together. Rebuilds can take a very long time and JB could have done a better job but he did provide us with most of the pieces. Tearing that down just because there’s new management is a big mistake. I’m not opposed to one piece moving to help facilitate better depth or restock our futures but for the most part this team is still growing. It’s coming together finally!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

All the more reason, IMO, to trade him to MIN or close to home. That would be good for Brock. 

I had that thought too.

But then again would it be good for him? Seeing that disease take its toll every day would be tough to watch. I’m not sure his on ice performance wouldn’t suffer even more.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he has an extension in hand when he does.

Yep it would be smart to get it done right away and have the announcement and his availability go together.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep it would be smart to get it done right away and have the announcement and his availability go together.

Better have a 

Boudreau extension in place before talking to Miller, Bo, and Bess about contracts too.  These three lived through the last time the team took the “shocking reset” path, and very likely will not want to be part of another.  And not bring8ng Bruce back would send that message.