The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[CDF] Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. St. Louis Blues (C3) | Avalanche win series 4-2

Rate this topic

2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Avalanche in 4
    • Avalanche in 5
    • Avalanche in 6
    • Avalanche in 7
    • Blues in 4
    • Blues in 5
    • Blues in 6
    • Blues in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/20/2022 at 01:30 AM

10 hours ago, JM_ said:

he is a whiner, but Kadri knew exactly what he was doing on that play too. Funny how these plays seem to happen around him. 

This, the only outcome was Kadri hitting Binnington there, Blues dman contact or not he was getting a piece of Binnington. Chickens*** move, chickens*** player. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Vintage 1

Don't get me wrong, the Kadri hit would bite if it was Demko on the other end of it. But that's playoffs, you go hard, play on the edge. I'd sooner win being a little dirty than lose being a saint. A few exceptions, but the Canucks have been too nice since 94. 

6 minutes ago, rekker said:

Don't get me wrong, the Kadri hit would bite if it was Demko on the other end of it. But that's playoffs, you go hard, play on the edge. I'd sooner win being a little dirty than lose being a saint. A few exceptions, but the Canucks have been too nice since 94. 

Bertuzzi-Moore determined that was a lie. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Like I said, some exceptions, but too many Lady Bing moments with this franchise. 

Jovo, Bert, Brashear, May, Cooke, Cowan etc. way dirtier and tougher team than 94. 

Edited by canuck73_3

35 minutes ago, rekker said:

Agreed on the Canucks. 

Kadri hit was intentional. He first pushes Rosen, who is ahead of him, and then just plows into Binnington. 

I would want Kadri's head on a platter if I was a Blues' fan. 

He went head hunting on Faulk last year and took him out for the entire playoffs, and now he's taken out their best player again. 

Reminds me of Kreider's hit on Carey Price where he accidentally on purpose took Price out and Montreal's playoff hopes along the way. 

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Agreed on the Canucks. 

Kadri hit was intentional. He first pushes Rosen, who is ahead of him, and then just plows into Binnington. 

I would want Kadri's head on a platter if I was a Blues' fan. 

He went head hunting on Faulk last year and took him out for the entire playoffs, and now he's taken out their best player again. 

Reminds me of Kreider's hit on Carey Price where he accidentally on purpose took Price out and Montreal's playoff hopes along the way. 

Yip. I'd sooner a Canuck took out Tim Thomas, accidently on purpose in 2011, and have our first cup. 

7 hours ago, Rubik said:

but you don't throw water bottles at him while he's giving an interview... either challenge him on the ice or in a parking lot :lol:

I don't think that Binning can challenge anyone. 

His knee's gone because of Kadri. He should've thrown a brick instead of a water bottle lol 

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Yip. I'd sooner a Canuck took out Tim Thomas, accidently on purpose in 2011, and have our first cup. 

Exactly and then I would gladly admit to being a dirty team, with a Cup. 

If other fans get really pissy I'd pull a Patrick Roy and just plug my ear(s) with the ring. 

Edited by VancouverHabitant

Next play offs- which ever team Kadri is playing for, I line up a leg slasher from the AHL against him in game one.

Slash the heck out of his leg, if it breaks it breaks.

Take the 5 minute major and then get on with the series.

45 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Jovo, Bert, Brashear, May, Cooke, Cowan etc. way dirtier and tougher team than 94. 

Gino, Antoski, Hunter, McIntyre, Momesso, Babych, Courtnall, Murzyn

Dirtier because of Cooke I guess, but not WAY tougher

The hit was a premeditated target ,.  And a way to try and get into the goalies “wheel house”  .

This happens because referees don’t use the rule book properly to midigate the actions of players.

it all escalates from their.

A team was hopeful the League ( player saftey) would recognize the play, the player,  and initiate the suspension needed to appease the loss of a player because of the play causing injury.

It was unsportsmanlike 

It was a dangerous play

There were players in “compromised positions”

Kadri had a history.

“ The Code”.   That the league dosent understand is,   The league needs to deal with it or let the players.

They never get it right,  this has every reason to escalate.

If I was Binnigton , I would not have thrown a bottle.

I would have sat down beside Kadri,  smiled, and unleashed hell on him.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not cool, at all.

Binnington throwing the water bottle at Kadri after the game didn’t help with the whole situation.  Binnington should be charged with assault.  I think he hit a cameraman.  

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

This, the only outcome was Kadri hitting Binnington their, Blues dman contact or not he was getting a piece of Binnington. Chickens*** move, chickens*** player. 

not a peep about the hit on Girard

people say the Canucks should stand up for each other

that looked like even up + a bit more to me

whistles are in their pockets... play to win

Kadri, Binny or Girard? Kadri is the only one that would make our team better

(and he is the only one still standing)

edit

but I am sure I would hate him if we played them in the playoffs

Edited by lmm

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

This, the only outcome was Kadri hitting Binnington their, Blues dman contact or not he was getting a piece of Binnington. Chickens*** move, chickens*** player. 

yep. 

I was pretty surprised at the lack of pushback by the Blues.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yep. 

I was pretty surprised at the lack of pushback by the Blues.

We'll see what happens next game.  

Blues have one of the dirtiest players out there in Bortuzzo.  MacDermid might come in on the Avs' side to play defense now that Girard is out.