The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Major Changes Coming, Country Club Atmosphere ~ Shannon and Kypreos

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

He could and should be far more physical JM.

He usually softens on boards , almost afraid to offend by pushing someone down.

Rare , and mean rarely abrasive.

Or its just not part of how he's been so effective and consistent. I don't really agree with you on him being soft on the boards tho. 

Why do you want to see him be more physical, what do you think that would add to his effectiveness?

That  Nurse tilt was 5 years ago.

Hockeyfigjts.com lists 5 Horvat fights in the last 10 years.

When Podz got crunched, Cap and every other Canuck should have made it painfully clear that the team had his back.

Keep Bo as our 2nd line center but take the C and put it on someone who will lead us into the fray, not skate away.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Or its just not part of how he's been so effective and consistent. I don't really agree with you on him being soft on the boards tho. 

Why do you want to see him be more physical, what do you think that would add to his effectiveness?

Getting a legit defensive 3C would finally free up Bo to concentrate more on more offensive duties.  IMHO, that would be a greater impact.  

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

You're the one that mentioned Smyl in the same post as Miller though hence my reaction.  Smyl gave his all whether the team was up by three goals or down by three goals.  Same 100% effort whether team was on a 5 game winning streak or 5 game losing streak.  He's a Captain.  

Smyle spoke from his Canuck heart in his November 2021 presser with our owner.  That’s exactly how he played.  100% heart.

Miller is far more skilled than Stanley Steamer.  But no matter me could give more than Smyle.

Miller is great now, and does try his hardest.  But when he’s 30+ will his best effort (and he’s clearly going to try his hardest, no matter his age) be enough for him to be a difference maker for us?  Will he be one of our top five players?  He will be earning like one, so it’s important he’s contributing like one - if we Xperia t to compete with th3 top teams.

Just look at the LOSER LEAFS.  They have Pyjama Man sucking up their second highest salary and he’s falling down their list of most important players. We have to be careful to not become like the LOSER LEAFS. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Getting a legit defensive 3C would finally free up Bo to concentrate more on more offensive duties.  IMHO, that would be a greater impact.  

I don't know what people expect. When you look at the career line mates that Bo has been saddled with, he's carried his line's production his entire career. Maybe if he didn't have to carry his line he could hit a bit more. 

Seems like nitpicking to me, but maybe people would be happier with more hits and less production? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

I don't know what people expect. When you look at the career line mates that Bo has been saddled with, he's carried his line's production his entire career. Maybe if he didn't have to carry his line he could hit a bit more. 

Seems like nitpicking to me, but maybe people would be happier with more hits and less production? 

It's not hits.

It's leading the group in an All for one and one for all mentality.

Can't Win The Cup without it.

22 hours ago, NucknAsia said:

I think its Bo...if they don't like the room, and Bo is the captain, Boeser is a leader....I would not be surprised if its those 2 who are moved. Miller still may be because of his age etc...but saying they don't like the room? That is leadership of the team, that is squarely pointed at Bo and likely Boeser.

Gotta agree.

7 minutes ago, JM_ said:

He is the leader right?

The leader should be intitiating the type of game he wants his players to strive for and play up to.

His points aren’t generated by himself, neither are Millers,.  But the game you bring will associate itself to having far more success,  that’s what Miller does.

He creates opportunities with his abrasive style, for himself, and others.

A more abrasive game is challenging to another team to not make more mistakes.

No one HAS to literally take their mitts off JM, but as forwards and D men , you have to create an intimidating physical hit presses e to create mistakes and jump on those opportunities.

If the “culture” here is going to change, and that mindset is pushed down from management, those that aren’t willing to play physical hockey in this , a contact sport , will be traded for better options to create that Culture.

Nic Paul, Trenin,  Dubois,  that’s the level of contact that Bo needs to get to in order to impress me.

This “hometown” draft puppy thingy is getting to annoying for me, and for those who have that type of emotional hang up in “fan fav” players,  I hope things get shocking, your hearts get ripped out, and we re-tool a team that dominates in every aspect of the game at will and command of a coach, who’s Captain can initiate that type of game.

• Like 1

Seems a lot of people have not noticed the changes occurring in the game.

I wonder, if the folk that want the game to go back to the way it was, would be willing to lead the way by renouncing all the technological, educational and societal progression of the last few decades.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, tas said:

drivel.

“I really like Bo. I’ve always liked him back to his junior hockey days,” said Rutherford. “There’s been good discussions with him after the season. He had a good year this year… and he’s got a lot of good hockey left in him. He’s a character guy, he’s a centre iceman that’s hard to find, and we believe that he should be part of our team going forward.”

Means nothing realy..just ask bruce cassidy..dont believe any thing you read or hear from GMs

Edited by Rackdawg

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He is the leader right?

The leader should be intitiating the type of game he wants his players to strive for and play up to.

His points aren’t generated by himself, neither are Millers,.  But the game you bring will associate itself to having far more success,  that’s what Miller does.

He creates opportunities with his abrasive style, for himself, and others.

A more abrasive game is challenging to another team to not make more mistakes.

No one HAS to literally take their mitts off JM, but as forwards and D men , you have to create an intimidating physical hit presses e to create mistakes and jump on those opportunities.

If the “culture” here is going to change, and that mindset is pushed down from management, those that aren’t willing to play physical hockey in this , a contact sport , will be traded for better options to create that Culture.

Nic Paul, Trenin,  Dubois,  that’s the level of contact that Bo needs to get to in order to impress me.

This “hometown” draft puppy thingy is getting to annoying for me, and for those who have that type of emotional hang up in “fan fav” players,  I hope things get shocking, your hearts get ripped out, and we re-tool a team that dominates in every aspect of the game at will and command of a coach, who’s Captain can initiate that type of game.

look at the $&!# for coaching he's had here, what sort of opportunity for this existed under Willie D or Green? both of them discouraged this kind of culture.  

Its not all on Bo, even with the C. 

Its fine if you want him to get more physical but that will come at a production cost unless he's got better winger talent with him. 

Edited by JM_

22 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

That  Nurse tilt was 5 years ago.

Hockeyfigjts.com lists 5 Horvat fights in the last 10 years.

When Podz got crunched, Cap and every other Canuck should have made it painfully clear that the team had his back.

Keep Bo as our 2nd line center but take the C and put it on someone who will lead us into the fray, not skate away.

How many fights has Ryan O’Reilly gotten into over his playing career?

Oh yeah, zero.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

I wonder, if the folk that want the game to go back to the way it was, would be willing to lead the way by renouncing all the technological, educational and societal progression of the last few decades.

Today’s NHL, especially in the playoffs, is (what many would call) violent.  But it’s nothing compared to what once was.  Every player had to know how to defend himself in a fight, because it was going to happen.  

I remember Danny Gare telling a story where he was talking to his dad about playing Junior.  He said that’s fine, but you’re starting boxing tomorrow.  He said the boxing helped.  He told about his rookie season and how he lined up against Dave “The Hammer” Schultz on a face-off.  He knew he had to fight, so he dropped his gloves early and got in the first shot - right on Schultz’s nose.  

I think it was Bossy who publicly said he refused to fight.  He might have been the first player to do that.  He was a phenom though, so he could refuse to fight.  Plus, he played with some pretty good bodyguards, who kept him out of it.  

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

Strawman.

Education and the irradification of ignorance is the true path.

The goal in the NHL is to Win The Stanley Cup.

There has not been, nor will there ever be (imo), a Stanley Cup Winning Team that doesn't 'go to war' for each other.

8 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

You're forgetting the all for one part.

When was the last important playoff game where the captains bopped?  Was it Iggy v That Tampa captain?  That was nearly 20 years ago.  Fighting doesn’t happen in the playoffs much at all now.  

Can anyone imagine John “PYJAMA BOY” Tavares getting into a fight!  :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

Strawman.

Education and the irradification of ignorance is the true path.

The goal in the NHL is to Win The Stanley Cup.

There has not been, nor will there ever be (imo), a Stanley Cup Winning Team that doesn't 'go to war' for each other.

It’s not war or a battle.  It’s a friggin’ hockey game.  So let’s avoid those “real world horror” analogies.  It’s guys having each others’ backs.  It’s not a war.  

18 minutes ago, JM_ said:

So who's "that one guy" on the Rangers right now?

Could have been Miller. They don't really have that player with high end skill that drags their team into the fight. Panarin, Zibanejad are high skill. Krieder is the closest thing they got but he also doesn't seem to be a BOSS like Miller is ;)

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1