The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Major Changes Coming, Country Club Atmosphere ~ Shannon and Kypreos

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Regrding the comparision between Miller and Horvat.

If both are with us in next years playoff I bet Horvat is a head above Miller.

We’ll see… B)

Would these be cheating?

52de9816f1c06671ccadebd04446225d--silly-

regards,  G.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

And they kept him as Captain 3 years as a plubicity stunt?

Sarcastic Yeah Right GIF by MOODMAN

Talk about going out of your way to needlessly bash people. :( Good grief lol

Wasn't bashing Bo - if that is what your implying, rather, the last leadership.  Just my POV: he wasn't ready, unlike Linden who was a natural fit - is my point.  I did also, say a bunch of A's would had probably been the better choice - at the time - but that team needed a distraction or something positive to sell...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Like 1

Whoever coined the phrase "you can't fix stupid" must have been thinking of Kypreos.

All kinds of changes to the lineup might be coming but the problems that need to be fixed aren't about a country club environment.  You don't climb out of the hole we were in when Boudreau took over with an entitled attitude.  These players care about winning.  This team isn't "broken". 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Miller isn’t captain marterial people!He had a good season points wise and people think he’s the second comming.Bo is more suited to be captain and has certainly deserved it more than miller has.As good as Miller was last season he had his share of bonehead plays more so than Bo imo,he’s older and less emotionally stable.Saw a lot of Miller flybys last season too.Miller to me seems like he’s playing for a contract and not the team hope he’s moved for good assets

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Miller isn’t captain marterial people!He had a good season points wise and people think he’s the second comming.Bo is more suited to be captain and has certainly deserved it more than miller has.As good as Miller was last season he had his share of bonehead plays more so than Bo imo,he’s older and less emotionally stable.Saw a lot of Miller flybys last season too.Miller to me seems like he’s playing for a contract and not the team hope he’s moved for good assets

Miller can be one of those guys who cheats the system to create offence.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Our best centre and most honest (defensively) is Petey.  

Didn’t Sakic trade away both ROR and Duchene after he accepted the club wasn’t winning with those two?  

Maybe JR sees the same with Miller and Bo?  

• Upvote 2

On 6/11/2022 at 4:58 AM, iinatcc said:

but somehow we all believe the rumors here that McCann has a bad attitude or Gaudette broke Covid protocols and the reason and that it cause him to give the whole team Covid.

Gaudette did break protocol and shortly after, the team got Covid.  As for McCann, Matt Bartkowski's mom (edit - not Ryan Miller's mom - my bad) started that rumour.

Edited by thundernuts
  • Like 1

Go back to the start of last season. Who missed camp or came to the team unprepared and not ready?

Pettersson

Hughes was also late to the party, but he still exceeded, broke his season highs.  Boeser had a down year, but he was going through a very difficult time, and should rebound.

Petey took half a season to get into a groove. This country club attitude needs to change, work to be done in the off season. Is he doing that?  Petey needs to be ready for Game 1.

• Cheers 3