The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Major Changes Coming, Country Club Atmosphere ~ Shannon and Kypreos

1 hour ago, tas said:

drivel.

“I really like Bo. I’ve always liked him back to his junior hockey days,” said Rutherford. “There’s been good discussions with him after the season. He had a good year this year… and he’s got a lot of good hockey left in him. He’s a character guy, he’s a centre iceman that’s hard to find, and we believe that he should be part of our team going forward.”

JR has also said they're willing to pay Boeser his QO.  This is just a headline when there are none to speak of

21 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Rutherford has never suggested anything like this OP.

Nope, and do you think he would tell the league I'm gutting it because we have too many players who won't compete?

Or will he say we're tinkering and all of our players have talent etc etc

Just because JB is a moron, doesn't mean these guys are...smart sellers don't tell everyone they are selling because then the value of what they are selling goes down. 

Again, I'm not saying its true or false but to suggest that a team will come out and tell you the truth is either assuming they're idiots because they're hurting their negotiation position, or its naivety.

If they are getting rid of the “country club atmosphere”, they might as well gut the team and do a full rebuild.  Keep EP40, QH, Demko, and Podz.  Trade everyone for prospects and picks.  Weaponize cap space for more picks and prospects.  Tank for 3 years and get high quality prospects to fill the rest of the core.  Then make a push in year 4 by getting depth veterans (do not overpay).  Do not trade trade picks and keep the flow of cheap ELC contracts coming in.

That is what I wanted to happen when JB was hired. :P

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, BPA said:

If they are getting rid of the “country club atmosphere”, they might as well gut the team and do a full rebuild.  Keep EP40, QH, Demko, and Podz.  Trade everyone for prospects and picks.  Weaponize cap space for more picks and prospects.  Tank for 3 years and get high quality prospects to fill the rest of the core.  Then make a push in year 4 by getting depth veterans (do not overpay).  Do not trade trade picks and keep the flow of cheap ELC contracts coming in.

And its the best way to create a long term contender with QH/Petey/Demko and Podz. 

If you think about it logically it makes sense. Those guys are 21 and 22 (ex demko who is only 26). You keep Miller and maybe Garland, but move Bo, Boeser, Meyers and load up on younger talent and draft picks. In 3 years you are competing and you sign some UFA vets/trades to fill out the team properly.

People don't want to accept JR also said we need to build a team that competes for cups. He's said or alluded to the fact this is not a team that competes for cups. So who are they moving?

You sometimes have to put two and two together, despite who you like as a player. You can't re-sign all the same players and think you're going to now start competing for cups, particularly when JR has said this is not a team that will as its build. Moving Myers is not moving the needle.

JR also said there will be some moves people don't like...people are thinking with their hearts rather than their heads. 

• Cheers 1

I find this hard to believe. I never felt the team wasn't trying and most nights they seem engaged. I don't like the starts to games though. JR is actually kind of pissing me off if he's leaking this crap. Keep your opinions in house and do your job. What's with yammering about your intentions and issues with the teams in the media? Just shut up and do your job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I find this hard to believe. I never felt the team wasn't trying and most nights they seem engaged. I don't like the starts to games though. JR is actually kind of pissing me off if he's leaking this crap. Keep your opinions in house and do your job. What's with yammering about your intentions and issues with the teams in the media? Just shut up and do your job. 

it may very well be Kipper getting it from agents or players....if there's trades being discussed, GM's will talk to agents, agents talk to players, its very small industry people talk. It doesn't mean JR is leaking this.

As for engagement, there's engagement then there's a team who will go to the wall for each other. There's another level needed to win in the playoffs, we've seen it, this year in particular....and this team as it stands does not have it, hell we don't even make the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, BPA said:

But we got Dorsett, Vey, and all those bottom 6 guys to keep us away from a potential McDavid pick smh.. Do it right this time, tank for Bedard ffs

5 minutes ago, NucknAsia said:

it may very well be Kipper getting it from agents or players....if there's trades being discussed, GM's will talk to agents, agents talk to players, its very small industry people talk. It doesn't mean JR is leaking this.

As for engagement, there's engagement then there's a team who will go to the wall for each other. There's another level needed to win in the playoffs, we've seen it, this year in particular....and this team as it stands does not have it, hell we don't even make the playoffs.

The team needs work, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

This place is hilarious.

The media says a good thing about Van and everyone agrees. They say one bad thing aka the defense sucks and they'll miss the playoffs and they don't know what they are talking about.

Our defence has sucked since 2014. It has never been good since JB took over. Our defence is Demko, our best Dman is Hughes, and hes 90% offence (even though his defence is very underrated)

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gator said:

Tank for Bedard/Michkov.. Im tired of the endless "retool"

I wanted a complete tank years ago. A tank combined with an old school goon squad. If the team is going to tank and lose, may as well lose being tough and maybe changing the culture at the same time, lol.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, rekker said:

I wanted a complete tank years ago. A tank combined with an old school goon squad. If the team is going to tank and lose, may as well lose being tough and maybe changing the culture at the same time, lol.

Remember when we won those Cali gamed as part of the process and drafted OJ instead of Matthews?

Remember the only active player during that process? It was Bo. 

So bad.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Gator said:

Our defence has sucked since 2014. It has never been good since JB took over. Our defence is Demko, our best Dman is Hughes, and hes 90% offence (even though his defence is very underrated)

I watch other team repeatedly draft good young dmen, and we hardly ever hit on one. Very frustrating. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2